Results are only viewable after voting.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait wut?

extra sd slot for k9lhax? more info please.
You can read and write raw SD card sectors on the Gateway card so it's pretty easy to add it into fatfs or similar. So if I wanted I could back up my emuNAND to my Gateway Card SD or restore sysNAND or launch FIRMs from it in a pinch if my main SD slot breaks.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
to be fair most of their updates have been fairly prompt now days, not like the great 9.2 wait and the great n3ds drought of 2014

obviously not as quick as the public cfw's but usually within a week of an ofw update being released
True, but remembered the months of waiting for the A9LH support? Only for it come out and be based on A9LHv1? And how it's still based on A9LHv1, despite v2 haven been out for months now?
I would also like to add that even RXTools supported the 11.1 update at launch, where Gatewait users had to wait for an update. That's pretty shitty for people who paid for this product to be out of date even compared to RXTools.

Reactions: ih8ih8sn0w

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
True, but remembered the months of waiting for the A9LH support? Only for it come out and be based on A9LHv1? And how it's still based on A9LHv1, despite v2 haven been out for months now?
I would also like to add that even RXTools supported the 11.1 update at launch, where Gatewait users had to wait for an update. That's pretty shitty for people who paid for this product to be out of date even compared to RXTools.
yeah the difference is that the gateway menu functions are based on the home menu version, so basic cfw's that dont have any sort of UI generally dont really get affected by OFW updates unless there is some major FIRM changes, while things like NTR and GW have to be updated to work with home menu updates....but i guess to end users they just think "urrrghhh that one works so mine should work automatically too"

and i have mentioned in other threads on this matter, gateway is pretty much dead, the fact they are still even bothering to do updates at all never mind prompt updates is to me pretty admirable (if you look past the piracy issues) i know most flashcard sellers drop support before the card is even obsolete on practically a yearly basis to sell a new one, while GW are still doing updates even when their sales have probably dropped to pretty much a trickle at best

its like me running a bus route from city A to city B and it being really busy and profitable so i hire lots of drivers, then someone else makes a free train service to compete......how can you compete with free really?.....now if i was running the bus route i would scrap it completely or just drop the service down to 1 bus a week or something, no point hiring a bunch of drivers when your barely getting any business from your buses, its kinda nice to keep that one buss running to simply cover the fact that some people bought a lifetime pass and it would suck to leave them hanging.....even if they could go with the free train instead

Last edited by gamesquest1,
Reactions: Quantumcat

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
"The Gateway team is full of dirty code thieves"
I'm not too aware of this, if someone would like to shed some light, please do. I DO know for sure, however, that Gateway stole 9.6+ emuNAND from Rei and didn't give credit. But I'd mostly like to brush on the subject of people thinking they claim to have discovered A9LH. Maybe it's just me, but how is naming your own implementation of something "stealing"? Gateway has its own userbase to cater to, if it makes its own implementation or fork of A9LH, they have the right to name it as they want. Giving credit however, is a completely seperate issue. An example I can think of is the popular "Luma3DS". It started off as a fork of "ReiNAND" titled "AuReiNAND", but later underwent a name change. Does this mean AuroraWright claims ReiNAND to be hers? No, it doesn't. The same goes for all of Luma3DS's derivatives.
EDIT- my fault, I guess I didn't make this clear enough. I'm not saying AuroraWright doesn't credit ReiNAND, I'm saying that even though her CFW is a fork of ReiNAND under a different title, it doesn't mean she claims it to be her own.
Not true. They probably stole it from Gateway first.
Why else are the CFW only for 9.2. So don't say steal they are helping each other.

Last edited by DragonSky,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
They stole their way for piracy of 3DS games.
Well I'm not sure if they gave credit to Gateway.
well iirc it was mostly thanks to yifanlu's RE and breakdown of how gateway made the 9.2 exploits that led to people copying what he said to make the basis of the 9.2 arm9 tools shortly followed by rxtools, then a leak of the exact sig check offset on pastebin led to pasta being made.....so copying via proxy mostly

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
why am i still using gw? take a look at all of the "help Ive fallen and can't get up" threads.
As if you can read my mind... Scary :-)
Indeed, there are too many issues and to many steps involved in al9h and Cfw . Each step involved can cause issues and in worse case bricks.
I am really not scared in modding a device. I did my Wii even before modmii came in the picture. Psp, iPhone,ipodtouch (also initially the hard way with terminal)
But that seemed then far more straightforward then 3ds now ( being on 4.5 on o3ds).
When the only purpose is running 3ds games I am happy with what gateway offers me and I see no reason at all to mess with my 3ds.
Will I buy one if my card breaks down: yes
Would I have bought one now : probably not.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GW is shit
You're an idiot.

I use CFW now, but GW does have some edges over CFW, and I've stated those time and time again. Seriously. If you don't believe me, either look them up (because I'm sure you're too stupid to even know what features GW has, hence your bandwaggonistic "GW is shit" comment), or just stop being a fucktard and actually admit that it has some good things which are HUGE over CFW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol