Hacking Poll: Is your 2.0b2 Gateway working, or bricked?

You own a gateway. Did it brick?

• Total voters

vbkun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was using b2 since the release, till about 4 days ago. Then I came around here looking for -i don't know what-, read about the bricks, saw some savy users with legit bricks, got back to 1.2 for sake of security. I was already looking for a regular 4.x 3ds (I hate the xl i got) and its f*** hard to find one here. Don't want no risks :|.

Besides it was allll fine and alright, i used to power on/off about 4/5 times a day in average, not using emunand.

kirillov

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was using b2 since the release, till about 4 days ago. Then I came around here looking for -i don't know what-, read about the bricks, saw some savy users with legit bricks, got back to 1.2 for sake of security. I was already looking for a regular 4.x 3ds (I hate the xl i got) and its f*** hard to find one here. Don't want no risks :|.

Besides it was allll fine and alright, i used to power on/off about 4/5 times a day in average, not using emunand.

mmm, why are you looking for a regular 3ds? (just curious) What´s wrong with XL?

TTB82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not bricked (yet). Using v2.0b2 now for about 2 weeks, and I think I turned the 3ds +-20x on/off. Updated the emuNAND with b1 to version 6.2, never had WIFI on at b2.
I use b2 for the newer Dr Layton.

vbkun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
mmm, why are you looking for a regular 3ds? (just curious) What´s wrong with XL?

XL ended up to big to carry around, too heavy and too not-ergonomic for my hands. Actually the distance between shoulder buttons and d-pad makes games like taiko no tatsujin nearly unplayable to me :X

paradoxofthecat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I owned and used my gateway since December 2013, always updated to the most recent revision GW team releases and has been using 2.02b since it was released day 1 up to now. Never had any issues or bricks even during the great bricking hysteria.

Maybe i'm just lucky, ever since updating to 2.0b2, hundreds and hundreds of power cycles, forced power cycles, changing roms, booting in and out of gateway and etc, no bricks.

Taichi24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been on Gateway 2.0b2 for the past few weeks using EmuNAND and WiFi and haven't encountered any issues other than my XL freezing once from sleep mode.

arlips

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been using 2.0b2 since I got the gateway and a 4.5 XL in early January with no problems so far. Playing OoT 3D daily, waiting patiently for multirom.

Reactions: crazyace2011

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
was using 2.02b up untill a few days ago was running latest firm on emunand now im running 2.01b i did vote no to bricking...as to the guy looking for a regular size 3ds...would u want to trade your xl for a regular size 3ds PLUS some? dunno what but im looking for an xl and ur looking for a reg sized 3ds so =P yeah lol lemme know..mines red has a few scratches on the outer shell VERY light scratch on the top screen not visible when playing however it does have a screen protector on both top and bottom and the top screen protector does have visible scratches

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm using 2.0b2 with emuNAND each day since the brick wave was appeared and no matter for me or for any of the customers who have catched a Gateway from me.

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
From the sound of it legit GW cards brick when there is some corruption of the 3ds's SD card. I tried emuNAND on 2.0b2 on the original Lexar card that came with the 3ds... Quickly figured that was a bad idea so moved to a brand new card.
Still playing roulette, still waiting for 2.0

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Legit brick reported by French customer using official 2.0b2.
He sent me today its bricked 3DS XL for unbricking service...

I have sent an email to team Gateway to report this and ask them if the GW 2.0 final firmware will be free of legit brick issue.

Phyl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
From the sound of it legit GW cards brick when there is some corruption of the 3ds's SD card. I tried emuNAND on 2.0b2 on the original Lexar card that came with the 3ds... Quickly figured that was a bad idea so moved to a brand new card.
Still playing roulette, still waiting for 2.0

Without looking around the forum, why is using the original SD Card a bad idea? [I've bought a new 3DS XL, and today is the first time I've turned it on - nothing currently on SD Card]

I'm following iT0uchStuff's youtube video to how to set everything up. Just backed up NAND, copied it on to my HDD. Now I'm formatting emuNAND. All of this on the 2.0b2. Is it advised to use a different SD card from the original?

[I'll vote in the poll as soon as everything is set-up!]

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
I used a different one to save from formatting my eshop stuff etc. Although figured since the card is from a manufacturer I'm not familiar with and it's like a year old, it seemed like a bad gamble to keep testing with it.
I'm now using a Sandisk 16gb card with my 3ds + GW without emuNAND.

It worked perfectly and I'll probably keep away from using the old card while there is still brick code, will help stem my paranoia. Not to say the new card won't corrupt though lol

Reactions: Phyl

Wildblood

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Legit brick reported by French customer using official 2.0b2.
He sent me today its bricked 3DS XL for unbricking service...

I have sent an email to team Gateway to report this and ask them if the GW 2.0 final firmware will be free of legit brick issue.

Let us know what they say, thanks for the info! What percentage of your 2.0b2 customers have reported bricks?

Loke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
They can't release the 2.0 final firmware without the bricking code, as the clones will just copy it. It's even on the r4 site.. I wouldn't mind the code being in there, as long as they carefully tested it.

I wonder; Has there been any report of an official gateway user that sent his console to the GW team for unbricking?

unlimited497

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just updated mine to 2.0b2, all works, classic mode works, emunand works. My emunand is on latest FW and my real FW is still on 4.5 :lol:
Just need to update carefully. I use gateway, I have never try to use a clone. At first I was scared mine might brick, but it all went through and work fine.

CJL18

Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
Just updated mine to 2.0b2, all works, classic mode works, emunand works. My emunand is on latest FW and my real FW is still on 4.5 :lol:
Just need to update carefully. I use gateway, I have never try to use a clone. At first I was scared mine might brick, but it all went through and work fine.

u do know it has nothing to do with updating its a code inside the firmware than can be triggered at anytime

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi +1