Status
Not open for further replies.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
care to explain it more details and where the software is?
i will have to have a look, but you would need a updated console, your original cart and iirc it involved lots of moving stuff about dumping the save then moving pokemon around again then dumping another save

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i will have to have a look, but you would need a updated console and iirc it involved lots of moving stuff about dumping the save then moving pokemon around again then dumping another save

I got couple of consoles on latest update and 1 with 4.5

back and forth isnt much of a problem as long as I get a solution for save created on the latest version.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
lol damn, really is a lot of back and forth. and not sure it would do what I needed.
well idk, i assume you end up with a decrypted save in which case you can probably just use SDF to re-encrypt but using the gateway 6.x encryption.....or you could at least copy all the details over to your gateway save in pkhex

PedroDJavier

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys i have a question, i hope you can resolve it.

If we extract the crypted save from a rom (for example a retail cartdrige played in a virgin 3ds), then we inject it into a ROM, but dont open the game, and then extract with savedatafiler.. will it extratc the decrypted save ?

If this is possible, we will be able to decrypt virgin 3ds saves :P

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
well idk, i assume you end up with a decrypted save in which case you can probably just use SDF to re-encrypt but using the gateway 6.x encryption.....or you could at least copy all the details over to your gateway save in pkhex

I guess I could follow the save breaking and box dumping for getting the pokemons off my retail cart.
Will try it out later.

What exactly you want to achieve?
I needed for the save to be inserted back after editing or inserted into another rom(of course header and everything is the same, since it would be still my dump).

All thats possible is to dump boxes.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Guys i have a question, i hope you can resolve it.

If we extract the crypted save from a rom (for example a retail cartdrige played in a virgin 3ds), then we inject it into a ROM, but dont open the game, and then extract with savedatafiler.. will it extratc the decrypted save ?

If this is possible, we will be able to decrypt virgin 3ds saves :P
no the save will be encrypted with proper 6.x encryption, read that past like 6 messages, that *should* work but it does involve some jumping through hoops

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Ok and it works with a save played on emunand classic ?
if the save was played in classic mode you can just use SDF, if it was played on a 6.x+ console you would have to use something like keysav to decrypt the save
I guess I could follow the save breaking and box dumping for getting the pokemons off my retail cart.
Will try it out later.

I needed for the save to be inserted back after editing or inserted into another rom(of course header and everything is the same, since it would be still my dump).

All thats possible is to dump boxes.
look at the mass dumper part, apparently you would only need to do 2 boxes then

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
if the save was played in classic mode you can just use SDF, if it was played on a 6.x+ console you would have to use something like keysav to decrypt the save

look at the mass dumper part, apparently you would only need to do 2 boxes then

Ya I saw.
I would need that since I got blood 10 box full on pokebank.

thanks for pointing it out though :)

telon22

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Do you think this theory can work

You are playing the same retail and it's dump.
You have a powersave and have backed up the save(bin format) from retail
Manually decrypt the powersave file 100%(now it's format is bin, change it to .sav(considering it wont matter now as file is decrypted?)
Load this save in gateway dump and it loads

It has many flaws but is there any chance it can work?

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Manually decrypt the powersave file 100%(now it's format is bin, change it to .sav(considering it wont matter now as file is decrypted?)

dont think powersaves will import it the correctly.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

powersaves only gives you a encrypted save....you could do the exact same thing as you described but without powersaves by just dumping the rom after each save to end up with a decrypted save........granted powersaves would be much faster as to dump a card2 save via gateway you need to dump the whole rom which would be tedious

but to clarify you then wouldnt be able to put it back on the cart via powersaves any way if thats what you where looking to do

telon22

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Yeah I heard something like this about that. Cybergadget does import it correct but on cost of JP only cartridge.
I can atleast try this method as soon as my gateway is delivered.
Atleast you can open/read your retail catridge save using this method to copy over changes to the gateway dump save.
powersaves only gives you a encrypted save....you could do the exact same thing as you described but without powersaves by just dumping the rom after each save to end up with a decrypted save........granted powersaves would be much faster as to dump a card2 save via gateway you need to dump the whole rom which would be tedious

but to clarify you then wouldnt be able to put it back on the cart via powersaves any way if thats what you where looking to do
No what I wanted was to copy my save to gateway dump

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I suppose you wouldnt know how to encrypt the save back after breaking it? lol

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I suppose you wouldnt know how to encrypt the save back after breaking it? lol
well i think the easiest way would be just get the save decrypted, i actually think its doesnt completely decrypt it so re-importing probably won't be possible, but you should be able to pretty much clone 90% over to a gateway save that has been decrypted with SDF, then you can just re-import the gateway save

telon22

Trophies
XP
Country
India
well i think the easiest way would be just get the save decrypted, i actually think its doesnt completely decrypt it so re-importing probably won't be possible, but you should be able to pretty much clone 90% over to a gateway save that has been decrypted with SDF, then you can just re-import the gateway save
That's exactly what I wanted to check lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/yvivDdRirLA?si=R7xWO-6_-Qa0DDml