• Thread starter Deleted-236924
  • Start date
  • Views 5,529
  • Replies 43
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted-236924

OP
SHIT on Pokemon X i found an arba but no i trust to trade with.
I'll trade with you :P
(Also dude holy shit, the url of that image when I quoted your post...)

Maybe they'll have Wi-fi capabilities...based on friend Codes or something...
They -could-, if they took the time to program the emulator to be able to emulate link cable over Wi-Fi, but I doubt they'd have gone through the trouble of doing that, sadly.

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France

They -could-, if they took the time to program the emulator to be able to emulate link cable over Wi-Fi, but I doubt they'd have gone through the trouble of doing that, sadly.

The game comes out in February...maybe they still have time to code that in...

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

it has a red star next to it... and a its a kadabra now...
IMG_20151112_233621_762.jpg

YOU BASTARD YOU WANT TO STEAL MY SHINY ALAKAZAM!

:P

Last edited by Flame,

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did they fix all of the bugs? If so i'll play it and buy it legit
They said in the Nintendo Direct that they preserved the game, so I don't think they did.

I hope this sells well, so maybe we can also get Gold, Silver and Crystal. I want a Nintendo console where I can play Crystal without worrying about the battery.

Reactions: RustInPeace

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not talking about walking through walls or missing No. i'm talking about battle typing, moves not working as intended, moves doing special damage when they are physical, accuracy/speed glitches stuff like that.

lol no chance.

lets just hope for fireRed and leafGreen VC.

Reactions: Xenon Hacks

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pokemon is one game that makes 0 sense to ever player the older games. All they've done is improve them over the years, and add more and more content.
I mean it's kinda cute the younger generation can see the kind of shitty pokemon games we had when we were kids but that's about it.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disappointed they chose to go black n white instead of the built in GBC color palette. Where's that preservation? LONG LIVE THE GAMEYOB MASTER RACE!

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon is one game that makes 0 sense to ever player the older games. All they've done is improve them over the years, and add more and more content.
I mean it's kinda cute the younger generation can see the kind of shitty pokemon games we had when we were kids but that's about it.
It's mostly for nostalgia..
And derps.
GBA--Pokemon%20Red%20151_Feb5%207_25_11.png

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
They said in the Nintendo Direct that they preserved the game, so I don't think they did.

I hope this sells well, so maybe we can also get Gold, Silver and Crystal. I want a Nintendo console where I can play Crystal without worrying about the battery.
Just replace the battery and fixed.
My Pokemon Cristal cart had the clock all over the place every time it booted, that's the signal that the battery is running low. If you don't want to lose your save just open the card and put it on a GBA(it's easier because the cart stick out) and turn it on, while the game is running you can carefully desolder the battery and put a new one in its place. then you can close the cart, use the clock fix code if you are inclined to and continue enjoying your game for 15 or so years more.
You can search on youtube for video proof.

I don't really know if I'm gonna get them on 3DS as I already have the means to play them on real hardware and appreciate that more than emulation, but is cool nonetheless.

Also regarding the cable link connection. They can easily report to the game that the cable is always present, detect when the game is gonna use it and when that happen it can pause the game emulation to show a list of nearby 3DSs ready to connect and once the connection between two 3DSs is done the game emulation continue and works as expected, no game modification needed. A similar method is used in VBA for cable link emulation.

Disappointed they chose to go black n white instead of the built in GBC color palette. Where's that preservation? LONG LIVE THE GAMEYOB MASTER RACE!
Yellow is the only one with color support, good'ol Red and Blue are plain normal GB mono games that where meant to be played on a monochromatic screen and thus they are going to be faithfully preserved. But I agree that they could put 1% more effort and allow GBC palettes that you could select at boot(it will take them nothing to add the original GBC bios at boot), or 2% more effort and allow Super Gameboy coloring.

Last edited by Sakitoshi,

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Didn't expect this, really though they would announce Pokemon Z.

I was mind blown when I found out about the Mew trick in Pokemon Yellow. Can't wait to perform that again.

D

Deleted-236924

OP
Yellow is the only one with color support, good'ol Red and Blue are plain normal GB mono games that where meant to be played on a monochromatic screen and thus they are going to be faithfully preserved. But I agree that they could put 1% more effort and allow GBC palettes that you could select at boot(it will take them nothing to add the original GBC bios at boot), or 2% more effort and allow Super Gameboy coloring.
Fun fact, the Japanese version of Yellow is also plain old GB and not GBC.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but other emulators have had link cable capabilities fully emulated without having to edit the rom itself, so it wouldn't be too Farfetch'd to think it might be the case here too.
I hate you.

This is "neat" I guess, but unless they're priced nicely I probably won't bother touching them.

Reactions: Seriel

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still have the original red and blue carts with their manuals and boxes.
Maybe I could sell those and buy the digital version.... nah I'mma keep those ^_^
Batteries are dead of course but good ol nostalgia.

I hope this means they'll release F-1 Race one of the first multiplayer GameBoy games and maybe fix a few that got multiplayer removed.
Eh its Nintendo though, doubt they'll go back and improve their overpriced roms in a box.

Still great to see them finally get around to it, again hope this means they'll give more time with virtual console and give us more reasons to buy legit.

Edit: oh just thought, would be cool if they released the n64 pokemon games and restored the transfer features to work with a 3DS.

Last edited by shadow1w2,

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
See I would buy this but.. I have the physical version.
And Gameyob.
So if it's over about £5 then nope.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Seriously? I remember trying Soul Silver (last Pokémon I've dared to try) and that it bore the hell out of me. I replayed Red last year, and well, finished it again :P

Now that I think of it, it might've something to do with the fact that I played Red on an emulator and I had the speed-up button... :unsure:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIoANBgzYkQ