Not open for further replies.

Chotaz

I'm back! :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
it's not even blocking the view, people probly just wanna go to their friends and be like, look i translated the game m'self, blah blah...

Chotaz

I'm back! :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Raqib12 alreayd said that's happening
smile.gif

Skip00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure if anyone has already said this (if so, I'm sorry for repeating it) but Nurse Joy says "Good Afternoon! Welcome to the Pokemon Center" when it's still morning (for me it's 10:30 AM).
Just thought you'd like to know
yaynds.gif

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i think he just wrotethe basic im nut sure tho i dont even see why nure joy needs to be translate when you jsut keep pressing a when se talking intill shes done lol

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Garro said:
YayMii said:
Can you remove the "Hacked by Raqib" text, or move it somewhere else (aka the "Continue" screen)? It's kinda annoying where it is right now.
It is? Is just on the Start Screen (Where Lugia/Ho-oh appears) Is not annoying at all... except if u like to see those pokemon xD
The problem is, it removes the "© GAME FREAK" text, and I want the patch to be as official-looking as possible. Look what Kazo did with his "Translated by KazoWAR" text (before he removed it). It's out of the way, and it doesn't remove any text from the game.

Hypershad12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still trying to figure out which one I want to use. This one has a lot more translated text, but KazoWAR's patch also has a lot of item and story translation text.

poptdp

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
anyone know where to get the tool to edit text for this game? i was playing along with pokemon silver on gbc, and honestly i think all the people in the game virtually say the EXACT same thing as they do in the remake... there lines have like the same amount of words, etc, and i think it would be very easy for me to translate (or copy) the text from the old version into the remake.

Hypershad12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
poptdp said:
anyone know where to get the tool to edit text for this game? i was playing along with pokemon silver on gbc, and honestly i think all the people in the game virtually say the EXACT same thing as they do in the remake... there lines have like the same amount of words, etc, and i think it would be very easy for me to translate (or copy) the text from the old version into the remake.
My bad thenewpoketext is right. Got confused there.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
poptdp, google "thenewpoketext". It's the tool Kazo and Raqib use to translate the game.
But since I don't know how to use it, I can't help you.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hmm im using both patches this one on soul sliver and kazos on heart gold to tell which one is better on both none of the story is done

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you like Kazo's better, but you like how Rykin has the Pokédex and move/pokemon types translated, you can always install Kazo's on top of this one.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i can use both? i dont really use my pokedex but i like this one i havnt really looked at kazosyet im still in new bark town with kazo

mikekearn

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
potatomouseproductions.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm still entirely unable to load the game at all. Using NO$GBA or my M3 Lite, I get the same error:
PokemonSSerror.png

I've tried patching it, not patching, using the original scene name, and every different combination of things when using the M3 Manager to load it onto my DS. NO$GBA just refuses to load anything for me, but my M3 can load every other game I've tried. I'm about ready to just give up and wait for the US release, unless anyone can offer a miracle answer.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you using M3 Sakura? If so, try TouchPod.
nvm, you have an M3 lite.

You need to set the correct savetype to fix that.
Does DP or Platinum do that?

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mikekearn said:
I'm still entirely unable to load the game at all. Using NO$GBA or my M3 Lite, I get the same error:
PokemonSSerror.png

I've tried patching it, not patching, using the original scene name, and every different combination of things when using the M3 Manager to load it onto my DS. NO$GBA just refuses to load anything for me, but my M3 can load every other game I've tried. I'm about ready to just give up and wait for the US release, unless anyone can offer a miracle answer.

It's a card read error. I believe you have to tweak some settings in no$gba before some games will work, as I had that problem with the japanese version of Star Force 3. As for why your M3 won't load it, might not be compatible. Or your card is just outdated. One of the two. If you give me a while to try and replicate your error with no$gba and Soul Silver, I'll try and find a fix for it for you.

mikekearn

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
potatomouseproductions.com
XP
Country
United States
@shinkukage09

I tried a bunch of different setting in NO$GBA, but nothing worked. I'm not very familiar with the program, though. I read that setting the save setting incorrectly can prevent games from loading, but I tried all the different options and nothing worked.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got your message. Worked perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea? trying to...