• Total voters

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
We're still going to get a flood. The 3DS has been out this long and we still get people asking how to play 3DS ROMs.

And I can't imagine all the scams that will show up on youtube claiming you can play the pokemon 3DS ROM...
QFT. If anything, the flood is going to be bigger than ever. :(

Reactions: Jiehfeng

gokulthegr8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
guys..i am using r4igold 3ds card from r4i-gold.hk...its a clone..!!i am in 3ds firmware 4.2.0.9U.. i tried to run a pre patched rom as well as a clean rom of pokemon black 2 on it but got errcode=-4 when i load it..can anyone help me with this?..

Disrupted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there, I've searched for a way to fix this problem for over 6 hours now so I decided to make an account in order to ask this:

I cant for the life of me find a way to activate cheats on m3 ds real for pokemon black 2 (patched). If I select "cheat switch on" before i load the game it freezes completely, same for all the other cheat applying modes. (the file has the cheats, thats not the problem I think)

Also updated Ysmenu but when I tried to use it got repeated failures when creating sav. and afterwards the loading bar always crashed, I tried this several times while cleaning old extra files besides the nds one (also noticed that this problem created a file named "pokemon?" with seemingly no file type, that I could not delete with ysmenu but could with base m3 real), tried creating the sav with the m3 real base and it did easily but still when using ysmenu the loading bar always freezes near the end.

I dont know what to do anymore, I understand very little of this stuff, all I wanted to do was to enable keys so I could start challenge mode from the beginning, but there's yet another problem that has already been partially mentioned in this thread: in m3 ds real when you select to go back to the main menu from any of the extra options (besides continue and new game), the game freezes (actually might not be a problem if with the cheats the game saves after changing difficulty like normal, but still mencioning). Hoping for some info, or if possible, a fix or a .sav file with challenge mode selected. (it stays on new game right?)

I'd really not have to rush through the game to start a challenge mode because I already did that with White 2 just to find out that, contrary to my belief, you only unlock one difficulty per game, and mine was the wrong one.

thanks in advance

Understanding that its likely no one will fix this due to my flashcart being old as hell I rushed the black 2 game (took about 35 hours) just to find out at the end that you cant save over a previous game with a different file by selecting new game - tells me to delete the old saved data first - I did so and apparently even though the keys part is separated from the main game, unlocked keys are deleted as well.

I am not asking for anyone to do any coding on the flashcart thing, just asking if there's anything I can do, any ideas?
Quoted my older post in order to continue (also wondering if people missed it because it was at the end of the page and no one said anything)

EDIT: A "you are fucked" is good too.

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Understanding that its likely no one will fix this due to my flashcart being old as hell I rushed the black 2 game (took about 35 hours) just to find out at the end that you cant save over a previous game with a different file by selecting new game - tells me to delete the old saved data first - I did so and apparently even though the keys part is separated from the main game, unlocked keys are deleted as well.

I am not asking for anyone to do any coding on the flashcart thing, just asking if there's anything I can do, any ideas?
Quoted my older post in order to continue (also wondering if people missed it because it was at the end of the page and no one said anything)

EDIT: A "you are fucked" is good too.
Mate
You are fucked.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Disrupted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is this some kind of evil comedy duo? haha.

Well, I've been thinking and would like to know the answer to the following questions, depending on them I might buy pokemon black 2 or white 2 (was saving for wii U but that will have to be postponed a bit, which might be better anyway, considering the selection of games at launch):

QUESTION 1: Can the original game receive a key from a rom? (I actually saved the state of the game elsewhere so the black 2 with challenge key unlocked isnt lost) What about pokemon?

QUESTION 2: Can Pokemon Black 2 or White 2 receive pokemon from Pokemon Pearl? (the last I owned)

If both are positive then I shall buy the game the sooner I am able to. If it matters I have a DS Lite. (cause I think there is some 3DS stuff only, and I cant, nor I am willing to afford one due to region lock).

(EDIT: I ask this cause a friend of mine owns a DS but doesnt play anymore due to being superbusy lately and I am sure he can let me use it for tradings)

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
With the use of a flash cart and a DS Lite, you can actually modify/replace the save file of an actual cart. So you could use codes and save edit tools for the flash cart save, then stick it on the actual cart.

At least, this is assuming that the save-replacement tools were updated for B2/W2 if needed... I don't know if those needed an update like the HG/SS issue did.

Disrupted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cant use codes with my old Flash cart though (is in my first post), and would rather not buy a new one.

EDIT: nvm was a bit busy didnt read it properly. Never knew of these save edit tools. Still, seriously considering buying it if I can transfer my old teams and keys from the rom and pokemon pearl respectively. Because if it still works now I doubt it will work next game (I'll suppose next will be GEN 6 and from 4 to 6 doesnt seem likely)

Disrupted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
^Thanks.

but now I've met a dilemma. Searched and realized that the keys are infrared only so I cant get them with a rom... I am not up for playing the game again normally, think Ill just wait to see if they release Grey version ;_;

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Im tryin to run Pokemon black/white 2 on my acekard which has akaio 1.9.0. I've tried Pokemon black 2 as a clean rom and Pokemon white 2 as the patched Rom but no matter which one I use as soon as I click new game all I get is a blue screen stating "the save data could not be accessed." I've disabled anti piracy disabled soft reset and also used panasonic sd formatter wiped the card and tried all over again ut still nothing is working. Ive also got the latest usrcheat.dat file and tried the game enabler code but still nothing is happening, I still get the evil blue screen

Is there any fix for this problem.

Thanks in advance

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
am i allowed to ask what site?
No. No you are not.

• We DO NOT HOST or PROVIDE ROMs/WADs/ISOs; or link to websites that do contain ROMs/WADs/ISOs.
  • Members may NOT ASK and MAY NOT PROVIDE INFORMATION or LINKS for and to places that provide ROM, WAD, and ISO files.
  • Members may also NOT mention torrent or warez-containing sites or channels by name or otherwise.
  • We do not condone piracy in any way.
  • Please go elsewhere if you only wish to download or share illegal files. The GBAtemp Forums are for discussion ONLY.

aeolus426

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm having a problem with my black/white 2. the games work fine but they freeze whenever i choose to drag and drop pokemon into the pc. i have used clean and patched roms i'm using a ds lite and an acekard 2i fully updated but bought when tempshop was still around. i've even tried disabling the bypass ap but nothing has worked. any suggestions or help?

edit: also would like to mention that it's only the american b/w2 games that are freezing on me i haven't been able to find the european english roms and so far all the other europe roms work fine.

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i'm having a problem with my black/white 2. the games work fine but they freeze whenever i choose to drag and drop pokemon into the pc. i have used clean and patched roms i'm using a ds lite and an acekard 2i fully updated but bought when tempshop was still around. i've even tried disabling the bypass ap but nothing has worked. any suggestions or help?

edit: also would like to mention that it's only the american b/w2 games that are freezing on me i haven't been able to find the european english roms and so far all the other europe roms work fine.
Argh I had links for things like this, but when gbatemp got hacked they all disappeared...
Type Acekard 2i into the search bar of this thread at the top right, see what others have said. Theres been alot of acekard posts and feedback i believe.

Korith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys!
So I have a Supercard DSTWO that I just recently put all the new firmware and EOS on it to play on my 3DS. I'm having a problem with Pokemon White 2. I downloaded a rom and when I switch the game from the DSTWO menu to "patched" the game will freeze randomly every five to ten minuets. I heard the DSTWO doesn't need to play on patched so I switched it to "clean". At first it seemed my problem was fixed but then I started to notice minor lag issues. Is this normal? Is it one of those "hey it's free don't complain about a little lag" just curious and if anyone could offer a fix. Thanks!

Tl;dr pokemon white 2 lagging on clean version with updated firmware and EOS on a 3DS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol