Hacking Pokemon Black and White sound problem

kleferi301

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I began losing faith to EDGE team.. Sure, they always fixed the problem in the end, but lately the firmware update just... so late... Maybe because they depend on team Cyclops to release the firmware first.. Maybe it's better to get an R4 Original for the moment, as it's cheap, and having two flashcart never hurts. One for GBA/Music, one for NDS game, or which one is better to do one job..

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
i think it's not just Pokemon Black/White too. I'm not sure, but i think Etrian Oddyssey III's music is affected as well, especially the one on Inver Port and when voyaging. Its just blips and bops. seriously.

emoshmo9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
epic_cookie said:
The music on my EDGE

with
2GB Sandisk Micro SD card
DS original
Firmware 1.11
Pokemon White patched with EXP + English Patch

The music is slightly distorted but not as bad as some people on this thread.

What do you mean by "not as bad?" Like it's more recognizable/close to the original?
Cause I haven't bothered with the AP patch seeing as the gameplay is fine.

epic_cookie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
emoshmo9 said:
epic_cookie said:
The music on my EDGE

with
2GB Sandisk Micro SD card
DS original
Firmware 1.11
Pokemon White patched with EXP + English Patch

The music is slightly distorted but not as bad as some people on this thread.

What do you mean by "not as bad?" Like it's more recognizable/close to the original?
Cause I haven't bothered with the AP patch seeing as the gameplay is fine.

People on this thread apparently have it way worse. My one is just slightly distorted, I cant really describe it, just that it is different from vids i have seen on youtube. And I have applied the White Exp English Patch v2.

kleferi301

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
No, the music problem which is "slightly distorted" is a same problem to everyone. No one' getting it worse, but apparently if you compare it to the original music, people started to realize that the original music is waaayyy better than the distorted one, so they complained. True, the gameplay is fine so far, no bug or glitch except for the AP, but the problem is, music is always a strong point for pokemon. They just really catchy.

epic_cookie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
kleferi301 said:
No, the music problem which is "slightly distorted" is a same problem to everyone. No one' getting it worse, but apparently if you compare it to the original music, people started to realize that the original music is waaayyy better than the distorted one, so they complained. True, the gameplay is fine so far, no bug or glitch except for the AP, but the problem is, music is always a strong point for pokemon. They just really catchy.

Right, so everyone's on the same boat. I agree the music on the actual game is beautiful but on EDGE : its messed.

Hopefully, they bring out new firmware or something.

Jayday

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think I'll buy another cart... I can't wait !
angry.gif

kleferi301

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I got impatient and play it at R4, worked like a charm..
But it's not as fast as my EDGE, the loading time, screen switching, etc.. (then again, it could be my MicroSD, but I doubt it..)
EDGE is a better flashcart, in my opinion, except for the slow firmware update..
I still hope EDGE team's not dead..

Rycr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gave up and bought a SuperCard DSTWO. Well, I'd been planning on getting one for a while because of all the nifty features it has, but when I put Super Scribblenauts on my EDGE and had a similar sound problem, I decided to just go ahead and get it. Totally worth it.

kleferi301

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
They are NOT dead!
Even though it takes a few weeks (2-3), it's gonna worth it.. I'm sick of R4's loading time for Pokemon.. In EDGE, almost everything is just faster..

DaveRyan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I found this on the official website:

24 / 10 / 2010

The EDGE Team are currently working on a bootstrap fix for DSi firmware 1.4.1 and an update to enhance compatibility with recent games. Expect a release within the next 2-3 weeks.

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
As I only play my DS with the sound off, this problem bothers me not a jot. If the game is running and you can play it, and you got it for free, is the sound quality really worth complaining about?

I concur though, that EDGE take an age with updates- so much so that I often get so bored of waiting and wind up missing it when one gets released. As I like to complete a game before getting fully into a new one this doesn't bother me as much

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It must be a problem thats inside of the EDGE cart. Most of the cards around here don't have sound problems, wich I find weird that EDGE does have these problems. I tested on R4, but no issues at all.

What patch did you use may I ask, as sometimes patched games can have issues. Try using Ysmenu too my friend, find the appropriate fixes on this forum.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    N @ NoiseCommander3DS: https://youtu.be/cAo4TuKIz6s