Hacking Pokemon Black and White sound problem

emoshmo9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can play the game, but the music seems chopped up. I was really looking forward to the music as I've heard some of it in the trailers.

Is this a problem that could be fixed?

Edit: I've tried both Black and White. Could it be the roms? I'm using the ones from [REMOVED LINK], and I tried one from [NAME REMOVED] as well.

chrissmith9c

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emoshmo9 said:
I can play the game, but the music seems chopped up. I was really looking forward to the music as I've heard some of it in the trailers.

Is this a problem that could be fixed?

Edit: I've tried both Black and White. Could it be the roms? I'm using the ones from , and I tried one from *Name removed as well.
You might want to remove the site link

Rycr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's either the DS lite or the EDGE. I had the same problem with the music (it sounds REALLY off-key for me) but both roms work fine in DeSmuME.

EDIT: AFAIK, no other flashcards are having issues with this. Just my luck that I own an EDGE, I guess. Hopefully they'll release a firmware update soon.

ShadowGaara15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many people are unsure where the problem is. Is it the EDGE Card or the DS Lite ? I can confirm that the EDGE is the problem, cause i use a normal DS.

skyvongola

Trophies
XP
Country
I got the sound issue as well

unsure.gif
but, after i remove my EDGE from my phat DS, the problem still persists. Can anyone try it and make sure??

EDIT: nvm. o.o the sound is back to normal now for some reason. But, the problem still exists in game.

emoshmo9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowGaara15 said:
Many people are unsure where the problem is. Is it the EDGE Card or the DS Lite ? I can confirm that the EDGE is the problem, cause i use a normal DS.

Thanks for confirming this. Guess we're waiting for a firmware update or possibly a ROM patch that fixes this problem.

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have any sound problems. Are the sound problems you guys having like lag, or as if it's playing on AM radio? The music sounds like the usual Nintendo stuff to me, no lag or static.

Some info on my setup:

-EDGE 1.11
-2GB Sandisk (its a bit slower than SDHC Class6 cards )
-Pokemon White
-Rudolf Child Play patch
-DS Lite US version, didn't try several Phat's or Japanese DS Lite

(edit: forgot to add firmware version)

Jayday

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I recorded an exemple:

This is the music of the title screen, you can compare it to the original:

http://www.jayday.fr/WHITEEDGE.mp3

I get the feeling instruments were removed of the track.
ohnoes.png

EDIT: I have the same config as your (V1.11, White, Patch, 2GB Sandisk) BUT a DS Lite EUR (maybe the true problem ?)

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds similar to mine. Maybe nothing's wrong? I guess one way for me to find out is to get my brothers R4 and load the new Wood 1.13 and try the unpatched game. That will be several hours from now when he wakes up.

emoshmo9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jayday said:
I recorded an exemple:

This is the music of the title screen, you can compare it to the original:

http://www.jayday.fr/WHITEEDGE.mp3

I get the feeling instruments were removed of the track.
ohnoes.png

EDIT: I have the same config as your (V1.11, White, Patch, 2GB Sandisk) BUT a DS Lite EUR (maybe the true problem ?)

Yeah, if you're getting the same problem as Jay then you're on the same boat as us. I've listened to the entire OST and nothing sounds like what I'm hearing out of my DS right now. :/

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So guys, got the R4, loaded Wood 1.13 on it and played a non-patched clean rom.

Guess what, the music is full. What Jay's mp3 plays is the same on my EDGE, and it sounds like our Edge's is the problem here as I also loaded the patched rom on my Wood R4 and it plays full music like the non-patched rom.

All that's left is to wait for an EDGE update... for now I think I will pilfer this R4.

R4 test setup:

-R4
-Wood 1.13
-same 2GB sandisk from EDGE test.
-Patched White rom
-Non-patched White rom.
-DS Phat
-DS Lite

Rycr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DaveRyan said:
I emailed the EDGE team. They said that they will update soon
Really? I emailed them and they said they couldn't tell me anything. And I quote verbatim:
EDGE SupportYour mail will be forwarded to our R&D team.

Please visit our web site and check the download section for the latest EDGE OS available and verify if the game in question have been fixed. If the current EDGE OS does not fix your game unfortunately you will have to wait for a future release from our R&D team. We can't give a schedule or release date.

www.edge-ds.cn

Thank you for your support

Regards - EDGE Tech

epic_cookie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The music on my EDGE

with
2GB Sandisk Micro SD card
DS original
Firmware 1.11
Pokemon White patched with EXP + English Patch

The music is slightly distorted but not as bad as some people on this thread.

Jeimz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using an EDGE card firmware v1.11, and having the same problem. At fist I thought the makers of Pokemon black/white did a poor job with the music (it sounds incomplete, it's just parts like in a music piece, to understand what I mean go to the pokemon center, we all know how the music should sound), 'til I heard that the music was fine in a walkthrough video on youtube. So since other cards aren't having the same issue as us, it's just probably the EDGE's firmware still doesn't support the sounds for the game. There is No problem with your DS. Hopefully the EDGE team will be able to work around this problem asap. also hoping that the issue will be fixed in v1.12 still have no news when it might be out. Hopefully this was helpful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte