Hacking [PoC] 3DS Region Changing + proof

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I can't understand...
Why release a tool for region change... If we can't use another file...

No way to change EmuNand region without any file from other people ?

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I can't understand...
Why release a tool for region change... If we can't use another file...
No way to change EmuNand region without any file from other people ?

yes, at the moment there is no way to region change, unless you have a legit file.
if you use CFW and it the check is patched out, you do not need another file. but there is nothing public released like that yet.

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if you aquire another SecureInfo_A, you should know what you do and have the right firmware files prepared,
or you might end up with non bootable sysNAND/emuNAND as solidsnake. BTW, the other Thread got closed ^^

cearp

FYI, its not a good idea to downgrade new3DS's emuNAND and push it back to sysNAND.
It boots and work fine, but the exploit is broken^^''' Oh well, i need to restore my
sysNAND when my tools arrive, until than i can play with my o3DS XL ;)

Gonna solder this up and install a microUSB port:
20150320_200730tjk0n.jpg

Reactions: cearp

SpongeFreak52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Managed to get my US XL over to a PAL emunand last night, not after some hiccups though.

After installing the necessary CIA files and injecting the emunand dump with the SecureInfo tool and running a System Format on it, my sysnand became incredibly unstable, to the point where it wouldn't boot if there was a cartridge inserted. It also reverted the DS profile exploit, so thankfully the browser still worked as a way to get to the rxtools menu. After entering emunand again I was greeted with the European setup menu, and once that was finished thankfully it seemed to fix everything that was wrong with the sysnand.

This was pretty much just done out of curiosity, and everything seems to be stable now. Likely going to revert to prior NAND dumps though since I have no current use for a PAL nand. Once a N3DS method makes its way out, I'll likely be doing this again to get my PAL system over to US.

If there's enough interest I'll try to write up a more user-friendly tutorial later on.

mmn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, at the moment there is no way to region change, unless you have a legit file.
if you use CFW and it the check is patched out, you do not need another file. but there is nothing public released like that yet.
-snip-
as soon as you change the secureinfo file though, it just flips the switch to load the other region.
-snip-
So if the check is patched out, how does the actual region switch occur? Would you just write to the secureinfo file directly, instead of replacing it?

mmn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sure, why not? writing data is the same either way.

Well, I meant instead of needing to have a donor file, would you just edit the secureinfo file you have?
Seems like the answer's yes, seeing as 3dsbrew says it's just a single byte that determines the region

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Well, I meant instead of needing to have a donor file, would you just edit the secureinfo file you have?
Seems like the answer's yes, seeing as 3dsbrew says it's just a single byte that determines the region

yes, that is all we would need to do if the check was patched :)

AquaX101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USA eshop work + USA NNID=A SDSD card
USA eshop work+no NNID=B SDSD card(Bridge)
EUR no eshop+EUR NNID=C SDSD card

1.A card is properly identified ESHOP

2.In other B card, run eshop an error number 110

3.Shutdown

4.Run C card, run the eshop EUR
You can log in to work! ! !

Can someone explain on what you are supposed to do on step 1? Do you just make a nnid and thats it?

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone explain on what you are supposed to do on step 1? Do you just make a nnid and thats it?

Yeah, make or log in with an NNID

I am struggling with this because I cannot get SD card number two to show an error message.

SD 1 - EUR NNID - eShop works
SD 2 - No NNID - eShop works (it shouldnt, I should be getting an error)
SD 3 - JPN NNID - eShop doesnt work.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
is there any way we can get the check patched out ourselves?
I wanted to use NTR's language plugin, but I don't have a N3DS.
Also, scouring around for a KOR secure info ain't easy.
unless you can do cfw dev, no :)
and sure, i doubt there is one uploaded, you will have to find someone to share their own, i doubt many people will want to share

Reactions: Queno138

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... With a brand new system that's never had an NNID associated with it before, would you still need to make one before you manually unlink it and change to the other region?

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, based on what I have read, to region change my N3ds's emuNAND, I need to do the following?

1. Get secure info file from my US original 3ds xl (using dumper)
2. Get xorpad for my JPN n3ds's NAND (emuNAND isn't possible yet?)
3. decrypt my JPN N3ds's NAND with xorpad
4. Replace the secure info file with the one I dumped from the NA O3ds.
5. Repack the NAND? (I have no idea how to do this.)
6. Inject new NAND into emuNAND on an SD.

7. Use JPN emuNAND and go to eshop with NNID, format, go to eShop without NNID to clear records
8. Use newly repacked NAND
9. use 3dsNUS to get the US N3ds firmware files (how do I know which ones to get? Is there a tutorial somewhere?
10. Install CIAs gotten from step 9.
11. Link to my US NNID
12. Go to US eShop and download my games.

Is step five possible? How do I know which files to get in step 9? Thanks.

Wowfunhappy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cearp, do you have an estimate of how many people have been able to make the eShop work on region changed systems? Either via the emuNAND swap trick or just luck?

And... you probably DON'T know this, but... do you know if any of those people had systems with preinstalled games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ok then no