That same person also made a patreon page literally I'm keking
Schermopname (197).png

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the same guide as he did, but I made a NAND backup first, which is obvious.

Also, if you compare the 2 guides, only difference is one mentions to backup the nand, the other don't. So in essence it's the same shit.

OP

If you made a NAND backup, it can be recovered via hardmod, this is a service I offer as well. There is however a premium price for it ;)

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just to clarify a few things...
@FlimFlam69 and @Plailect are not the same dude, so who deserves the shit is the first guy. But yeah, is also Plailect's fault to public that shitty guide in his page since his page has a lot of reputation for his 3ds guide.

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for not responding sooner, but to answer Quarks question yes i did use a VC game not from the eshop (Phantom Hourglass to be specific)

Thanks for the link. That guide does specify that you should have Haxchi working first; did you? I'm trying to figure out what led up to this brick so that we can prevent more of them.

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm aware of this, just trying to figure out why he thought it was okay.

Oh ok.

I think he followed a guide (not on GBATemp) that didn't specify that you needed a legit Eshop copy of the VC game. Or he might of skimmed through the guide and just got to the part of installing CBHC, without reading what not to do, or without reading the brick warnings.

But I don't know, that's just my best guess. That's the two main reasons for most bricks I believe.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but if u were to install a nonlegit game, then later install a legit ds title, u could end up with a brick even if u delete the nonlegit game. the reason is that the ticket is still present and doesn't disappear by deleting the game. that could be the reason for all these bricks. be careful. test haxchi before installing cbhc on ur normal system menu first. or, use tik2sd to determine if a fake ticket for the game is present. u can tell a fake ticket because it will be a repeating segment of characters over and over again. also, tik files contain more than one ticket usually and even sometimes tickets from multiple games. as I said, be careful with this.

coolfuze

Trophies
XP
Country
guys i dont know if this is off topic but when hacking a wiiu is wiiu.guide the best guide? or should I follow a different guide?
It depends on what you find easy to follow, I used wiiu.guide and it worked perfectly, no hiccups. But I made sure to understand that I need a legit VC game from the eshop and that it should not be be moved to usb or deleted from the console after you're done. Also never delete profile it's linkied too.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

WiiU.Guide is made by an ignorant piece of shit who knows almost next to nothing about WiiU hacking.
He slapped a few things together and called it a "guide" using outdated methods etc

What is the up to date method that he isn't using? I just used his guide and it was quick and easy and bulletproof.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
why do people keep using fake ds games and installing cbhc? srs there is no excuse to not read the first page of every cbhc guide saying YOU NEED a LEGIT DS GAME.

D

Deleted User

Perhaps read further down?

View attachment 86615
What is this comedy, I just... :rofl2:
Creates bad guide and wants money, please.

why do people keep using fake ds games and installing cbhc? srs there is no excuse to not read the first page of every cbhc guide saying YOU NEED a LEGIT DS GAME.
Because they think they will either:
  • Cheat the system
  • Have permament CFW
The first dot, no, you will just brick. One does not simply fool a Wii U
Second dot, no, you don't have instant CFW on boot, Wii U still checks for .tiks and other stuff while booting.

what are the differences between yours and wiiu.guide?
*waves from afar*
You can also check wiiubru.com/guide which was made by me and Pwsincd and my redNAND-free guide. Both are in my sig.

Reactions: queendude

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is this comedy, I just... :rofl2:
Creates bad guide and wants money, please.

Because they think they will either:
  • Cheat the system
  • Have permament CFW
The first dot, no, you will just brick. One does not simply fool a Wii U
Second dot, no, you don't have instant CFW on boot, Wii U still checks for .tiks and other stuff while booting.

*waves from afar*
You can also check wiiubru.com/guide which was made by me and Pwsincd and my redNAND-free guide. Both are in my sig.

if it's not in ur guide, u need to mention installing fake tickets for a ds game, then installing a legit version of that game after deletion. what a moment, the game won't install with a fake ticket present. I checked my brain age game first with haxchi then in the rights folder, so I knew it was solid even after installing a fake ticket (I wanted my yoshi's island ds back). yeah, nm, I guess the game won't install without sig patches, but always check beforehand. I did remove a fake ticket to have legit tickets for all of my legit games when I mass installed accidentally. btw, when's our wedding 'cause I'm loving u and ur knowledge more and more? ;)

D

Deleted User

if it's not in ur guide, u need to mention installing fake tickets for a ds game, then installing a legit version of that game after deletion. what a moment, the game won't install with a fake ticket present. I checked my brain age game first with haxchi then in the rights folder, so I knew it was solid even after installing a fake ticket (I wanted my yoshi's island ds back). yeah, nm, I guess the game won't install without sig patches, but always check beforehand. I did remove a fake ticket to have legit tickets for all of my legit games when I mass installed accidentally. btw, when's our wedding 'cause I'm loving u and ur knowledge more and more? ;)
I expect user to already have legit DS VC game downloaded from eShop, but thanks for pointing that out. I'll include it ;)
Our weeding? Well, soon™ :D

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ur great @Felek666 , ur one of the people who keeps me coming back, mostly to learn new things. yeah, the fake ticket prevented me from installing a game I had bought, but I've since removed it. it would install with sig patches which may be where some people r screwing up since this is installing from the eshop, not wup installer. don't delete the ticket, 'cause mine, lucadian chronicles (not sure y I bought it) was also the tik file for one of the sonic games. I found that out based on the title id which is easy to find.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, hi