Homebrew [PLEASE HELP] Wii u bricked!

NexTheWizard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for posting so late at night but i need help!
To explain a bit i learned how to use homebrew on my Wii u so i could mod some things, I got pretty far into it too, i even added homebrew channel on vWii.

But then i decided to get haxchi for more convenience (i used a guide too) I used Coldboot Haxchi Installer, I knew that there was a chance of my Wii u getting bricked (I know a HUGE mistake on my part) but i still decided to go with it.

When i installed it i was told to reboot my Wii u but when it came back up there was an error code (160-0103 There's a problem with system memory) i looked EVERYWHERE and came out empty handed (everyone was talking about system updates and SSB updates) so i came to the Number 1 place for Wii U homebrew.

I came here because i know the people on here are amazing at technology, so please all i ask is for a way to fix my Wii u

BTW: I AM ABSOLUTELY FINE WITH FORMATTING, my game and files are located on USB and SDs so i am 100% fine with formatting, getting into the system, adding a program to it and even sending it to a place for repairs (however i really don't want pay the fines) if anyone needs questions i can respond.

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
What game did you use to install CBHC? Did you buy it from the eShop?

EDIT: Can I also ask what guide you used?

EDIT 2:
If the answer to question 2 is "no" (as in I didn't buy the game legit from the eShop) then you've got the classic CBHC user error brick. If you have an OTP and SEEPROM dump you should be able to repair your console through hardware modification. If not, you now have a very expensive paperweight. In either case, please post the guide you used so we know where all these bricks are coming from and can try to reduce their number, because they're really mysterious (all the guides I can find are super clear about this)

Last edited by QuarkTheAwesome,

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if he followed a tutorial on GBATemp, he should have a full nand backup. Maybe he can unbrick with a hard mod?

I wonder if he used a VC game from USB Helper, instead of the Eshop.

queendude

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
anotheronelol.JPG

NexTheWizard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for not responding sooner, but to answer Quarks question yes i did use a VC game not from the eshop (Phantom Hourglass to be specific).

i'm not 100% sure on what SEEPROM is but i think i get the idea. Other than that i'm basically done for unless i can send it to a repair shop.

welp thanks for the help at least and as for the guide i used this one https://github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki/5:-Installing-Coldboot-Haxchi
better start looking for a repair shop.

At least got an answer finally.

NexTheWizard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys i dont know if this is off topic but when hacking a wiiu is wiiu.guide the best guide? or should I follow a different guide?
if a guide has a warning on getting bricked don't do it! until you have the things to prevent it other than that go haywire, now that i think about it that's probably not a good answer,
i think the best guides come from gbatemp

Last edited by NexTheWizard,

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, your bricked. If you didn't buy a legit VC DS title from the Eshop to use with Haxchi/CBHC, then you are bricked.

Did you make a FULL nand Backup? If so, you "may" be able to use a hard mod to flash the backup nand to you WiiU and unbrick your console. But I never did the hard mod to recover a brick, so some one else with more experience would have to help you with that.

As for the repair shop, I highly doubt that any repair shop will be able to fix your WiiU from a brick like yours. The only way to fix your console if you don't have a full nand backup, is to send it back to nintendo for repairs. But they probably won't fix it either because of the Custom Firmware that is on the console, if they find out your console has Custom Firmware installed on it.

Your better off buying a brand new WiiU or a used WiiU from Ebay or where ever, if you don't have a full nand backup.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

guys i dont know if this is off topic but when hacking a wiiu is wiiu.guide the best guide? or should I follow a different guide?

Follow the Guide in my Signature, Kafluke's Noob Guide to Wii U hacking. Please do NOT use wiiu.guide! Come here to GBATemp for any info or Guides on WiiU hacking/Modding.

Last edited by TheTechGenius,

Oleboy555

Trophies
Website
3ds.guide
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, your bricked. If you didn't buy a legit VC DS title from the Eshop to use with Haxchi/CBHC, then you are bricked.

Did you make a FULL nand Backup? If so, you "may" be able to use a hard mod to flash the backup nand to you WiiU and unbrick your console. But I never did the hard mod to recover a brick, so some one else with more experience would have to help you with that.

As for the repair shop, I highly doubt that any repair shop will be able to fix your WiiU from a brick like yours. The only way to fix your console if you don't have a full nand backup, is to send it back to nintendo for repairs. But they probably won't fix it either because of the Custom Firmware that is on the console, if they find out your console has Custom Firmware installed on it.

Your better off buying a brand new WiiU or a used WiiU from Ebay or where ever, if you don't have a full nand backup.

Follow the Guide in my Signature, Kafluke's Noob Guide to Wii U hacking.
what are the differences between yours and wiiu.guide?

NexTheWizard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Follow the Guide in my Signature, Kafluke's Noob Guide to Wii U hacking.
well at least my games are on my usb and sd devices so i'm not too upset thanks for the help

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
what are the differences between yours and wiiu.guide?
It was written by someone that actually owns a WiiU, has done his research on the most practical setup for playing backups, and due to (1) has actually tried them

well at least my games are on my usb
eh, they're encrypted :)

Oleboy555

Trophies
Website
3ds.guide
XP
Country
Netherlands
It was written by someone that actually owns a WiiU, has done his research on the most practical setup for playing backups, and due to (1) has actually tried them

eh, they're encrypted :)

WiiU.Guide is made by an ignorant piece of shit who knows almost next to nothing about WiiU hacking.
He slapped a few things together and called it a "guide" using outdated methods etc

I didn't know it was this bad, i thought wiiu.guide would be pretty good since the maker also made 3ds.guide which is praised by everyone

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?