Gaming Please advice a decent game... Definitely not Mario!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sem112

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
did you play the sequel to Hotel Dusk? last window.... it's a ds game but worth playing

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems you bought the wrong handheld. I don't know if I can recommend anything you would like, as my taste differs greatly. I'll throw a few out, though.

Nano Assault EX
Chain Blaster
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.

If any of those interest you, I can probably pull up more.

Scorp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
did you play the sequel to Hotel Dusk? last window.... it's a ds game but worth playing
Yup, already played most of good story-driven games for DS, including Hotel Dusk, Last Window, 999, Ace Attorney, Ghost Trick and some RPGs.

Seems you bought the wrong handheld. I don't know if I can recommend anything you would like, as my taste differs greatly. I'll throw a few out, though.

Nano Assault EX
Chain Blaster
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.

If any of those interest you, I can probably pull up more.
Yes, you're not the first person who tell me that I bought wrong console, but as for example for DS there were really a bunch of games I liked, so I supposed for 3ds would be somewhat similar. I was wrong, as this topic clearly shows...

Shantar I played (well, tried to do so) on PC and even though the gfx are really GREAT (yes, indeed a state-of-the-art pixel work), but the gameplay... well... Metroid... So, not the thing I really like, never completed or even able to get into any metroid or castlevania...

Code Name STEAM - I see release date is March, so where you played that? From promo video this looks like a good TBS, but is there really a good story inside?

Other 2 looks like fun to play when you go somewhere, but not really the thing I want to find - something where not gameplay drives you, but the story happening on the screen...

OP is obviously trolling.
You obviously wrong.

TemplarGR

Gaming expert
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Obvious troll is obvious....

You are asking for recommendations by ruling out each and every single game worth purchasing on a 3DS...

And yet people bothered replying to you even though it is a lost cause.

Just like yesterday, when most bought the "this eshop sent me sd adaptors instead of gateway, they are scammers"...

This and yesterday's scam thread makes me deeply understand why the world is a mess: Too much stupidity and ignorance...

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You could try Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance. I didn't actually play this game, but being from Square Enix I'm sure it has a good story and the combat system is pretty fun

Scorp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
Obvious troll is obvious....
You are asking for recommendations by ruling out each and every single game worth purchasing on a 3DS...

And yet people bothered replying to you even though it is a lost cause.

Just like yesterday, when most bought the "this eshop sent me sd adaptors instead of gateway, they are scammers"...

This and yesterday's scam thread makes me deeply understand why the world is a mess: Too much stupidity and ignorance...
Get lost. Cannot suggest a game? Do not bother to post. If you unable to understand a simple thing, which could be simply illustrated as a latin proved - "De gustibus non est disputandum". You are absolutely not care about other people tastes, telling such a nonsense. I would not reply to you anymore.

You could try Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance. I didn't actually play this game, but being from Square Enix I'm sure it has a good story and the combat system is pretty fun
Unfortunately, here my tastes are different from your. I tried KH1, KH2 and KH on PSP (forgot its name). I am not really like all that Goofy and Mickey and other Disney chars story. There stories are quite simple and targeted for kids, so even some Final Fantasy stories are more complex in terms of character development and dialogues... Anyway, I will check this one later, thx for remind :)

Reactions: Thomas12345

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
And I thought I had a specific taste in games. ^_^

It's by the way the same reason I would never make a thread like this: I don't like what most people do. And wild suggesting from others by a vage description what games I could like and what not is pointless in my eyes. The better way is to search myself, maybe even through demos.

Oh, and to buy a console before checking if there are enough games that fit with me is .. not that smart. No offence but you could have solved this way smarter. ;)

Sadly I have no game to name. I think everything that comes to my mind has been named so far. I wonder why. But there are some neat Home menus you can play around with! :yaynds:

Reactions: TemplarGR

Scorp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
And I thought I had a specific taste in games. ^_^

It's by the way the same reason I would never make a thread like this: I don't like what most people do. And wild suggesting from others by a vage description what games I could like and what not is pointless in my eyes. The better way is to search myself, maybe even through demos.

Oh, and to buy a console before checking if there are enough games that fit with me is .. not that smart. No offence but you could have solved this way smarter. ;)

Sadly I have no game to name. I think everything that comes to my mind has been named so far. I wonder why. But there are some neat Home menus you can play around with! :yaynds:

If I would know, that such simple request would lead to THIS, i would also never created such a thread HERE... For why I bought that.. It was a deal - 100 euro for new unpacked 4x firmware 3DS XL and I decided to buy... Anyway I think I can always sell it for same price or even more :) Install CFW there, for example, this would also increase the price... And also I am a bit of manic for handheld consoles - and was a choice between Vita and 3DS and 3DS looked more solid... Well, was a mistake, but seems if I choose Vita - would be same, as most of games already was on PSP.

YamiZee

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I don't think you really know the games you're avoiding. I'm sure there are plenty of games that break your rules that you would actually like, if you were to just try them out. I suggest expanding your horizons and trying something new.

Scorp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
I am playing VG since 1988 or so :) Played on various PC (ZX Spectrum. MSX, Acorn, Macintosh, BBC Micro, Amstrad, Atari, too much to count) and various consoles (NES, SNES, N64, Dreamcast, DS, PS1-2-3-4, Xbox-360-One), also emulation of interesting platforms like NEC PC Engine and lot of others which I played, but forgot here to mention. You REALLY think I do not know what I want and what I will like? I think for 27 years of gaming I pretty know my taste, as I already played lot of games before, exactly "expanding", as when I was younger, I consumed everything and played every game I could take. I think I played on Spectrum (and completed, if it was possible) alone more than 700 games. Was my favorite PC by that time.

So please do not tell I do not know what I am avoiding. I am absolutely aware what sort of games the ones I avoid, as I played all of them before on other consoles and I am pretty aware of what to expect from them.

Scorp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
:yaynds: bleach 3rd phantom

3DS please. I already told, repeat and repeat, I have a DS for a long time and already played most of the interesting for me games on DS. Now want to understand, if there is something decent for 3DS. This is purpose of this topic.

Reactions: Thomas12345

Bimmel

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If I would know, that such simple request would lead to THIS, i would also never created such a thread HERE... For why I bought that.. It was a deal - 100 euro for new unpacked 4x firmware 3DS XL and I decided to buy... Anyway I think I can always sell it for same price or even more :) Install CFW there, for example, this would also increase the price... And also I am a bit of manic for handheld consoles - and was a choice between Vita and 3DS and 3DS looked more solid... Well, was a mistake, but seems if I choose Vita - would be same, as most of games already was on PSP.
That's the internet my friend. B-) Oh, then I can understand that. You sure can make some money out of that.

I got almost the same problems with the Vita - no games for me except for Danganronpa 2. But if there would be a cheap one, I would buy one.. and would probably complain about how the Vita has no games. ^_^

Oh - did somebody mention Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy Curtain Call yet? It's worth a look if you like the music of Final Fantasy, of course. And rythm games. No "story" though. On the eshop there would be Harmo Knight which is also very funny.

there is no 3ds games for you then....
To get serious again: I don't think so. Sure there are many games he would like - but it's not always that easy.

ResleyZ

Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What kind of games do you currently have? You might like Samurai Warriors: Chronicles, which is a hack-and-slash game I enjoyed a lot.
There aren't many games left over which are, in my opinion, great. I have a bunch of games, but those have either already been suggested, or will probably be turned down.

And why the hate on first party games? While they might be aimed for kids, these are still fun to play imo.

Seeing you have a 4.x console, I assume you also got a gateway for it. Why not just download some games and see if they're fun?
Instead of, 'I don't like this' it's much easier to recommend games when we know what you DO like.

Scorp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
Oh - did somebody mention Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy Curtain Call yet? It's worth a look if you like the music of Final Fantasy, of course. And rythm games. No "story" though. On the eshop there would be Harmo Knight which is also very funny.
Seems Theatrythm no one mentioned, as I told I am not really into these rhythm games. Actually I tried that a bit, but, well, I would rather listen to Crisis Core soundtrack in my player :)

What kind of games do you currently have? You might like Samurai Warriors: Chronicles, which is a hack-and-slash game I enjoyed a lot.
There aren't many games left over which are, in my opinion, great. I have a bunch of games, but those have either already been suggested, or will probably be turned down.
I want a story-driven game. Virtue Last Reward was ok. Fire Emblem is, well, mediocre by now (chapter 6), gameplay is good, but story is too cliche.

And why the hate on first party games? While they might be aimed for kids, these are still fun to play imo.
But I do not want this. I want a good story-driven game. Not game for kids with dialogues for kids. I am not in mood to play these sort of games, I tried a lot from the NES till DS these Nintendo-produced games and I never get into any of them. So it is why I do not want them and that's why I do not even want to try, as I suppose 10 years of "trying" could be enough for me to prove that I do not like that sort of games.

Seeing you have a 4.x console, I assume you also got a gateway for it. Why not just download some games and see if they're fun?
It is too costly (Gateway), especially as I see very few games which I could probably enjoy playing. So I do not have it, and would never buy it most probably (unless there would be a super-game which I want to play absolutely). Moreover, Gateway is softmod, so this means actually that GW cart needed only because GW team wanted to lock it from use for free. So I think there would be some day, when a CFW would be released for free for new firmwares.

Instead of, 'I don't like this' it's much easier to recommend games when we know what you DO like.
Dude, I told this at least 5 times in this thread, what games I like... Please, take a look on previous pages. But, this never helped anyone, as, well, there is no similar games on 3DS, which were not already suggested.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Now want to understand, if there is something decent for 3DS.

Answer = Yes, there are lots of decent games for the 3DS - unfortunately for you, you have dismissed the vast majority of them based on opinions reached by playing earlier games in certain series or by jumping to the conclusion that they are aimed at 9 year olds, based purely on aesthetics.

I'm in my 40's. I've played video games since the 1970's. From Atari VCS and classic coin-ops all the way through to the current gen hardware. Even though I'm a 'mature' gamer, I still enjoy Pokemon, Mario, and Zelda...
If I limited my playing habits similarly to you I would have missed out on some of the best games I've ever played, and would probably have given up on video games at the turn of the millennium.

Way back on page one of this thread, I was the first person to recommend Bravely Default and Project X Zone, and (solely based on titles I've played versus your ridiculously narrow criteria) that's still all I can suggest... however, I'm not sure if anyone else has already mentioned Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi. It's a title I will get around to once I've caught up with my crazy backlog of games across the many systems I play on; it gets high review scores everywhere, and is a VN.

Reactions: Bimmel

Bimmel

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
however, I'm not sure if anyone else has already mentioned Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi. It's a title I will get around to once I've caught up with my crazy backlog of games across the many systems I play on; it gets high review scores everywhere, and is a VN.
  1. a female protagonist
  2. an involved, well-paced narrative
  3. excellent, convincing voice acting
  4. characters not given to incongruous outbursts at convenient plot junctures
  5. a whole cast of men who are clearly designed to be fantasised about
  6. at least one male character showing way too much skin
  7. said fantasy men have bodies that are lithe, beautiful
  8. said fantasy men have better hair than I ever could
  9. the protagonist can romance said fantasy men
  10. some of the fantasy men are also hot vampire-demons
  11. the fantasy men have huge swords
  12. all of the above characters are samurais in the Bakumatsu period of feudal Japan
Wow.. this sound like .. fun? :shy:

You get my symphathy old man yoshi. Makes me happy to read that post, somehow.

Reactions: duwen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work