Translation Puella Magi Madoka Magica Portable Translation Project

IceChuck

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if I'm the only one who has had this problem but when I got to save my game in game it says everything saved but there is no data there to load I have never had a problem with save data like this before in ppsspp and could not find anything about it so was not sure if it was specific to this game or if I was missing something in my emulator.
Thanks

Edit: never mind got it sorted out

Last edited by IceChuck,
Reactions: Carlitos

Fames

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Greetings! I would like to thank you for the work done, and also to learn about the progress of the work, since the complete absence of news for a long time is a little depressing. I hope everything is all right...

Carlitos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I hope everyone's been doing well this year so far. It's practically February, sheesh. I'm doing fine myself, much better than I did a few months ago. I had to take a good break from the project due to a lot of reasons, mostly for improving my health and for picking up other hobbies. I'm doing much better right now, healthwise and I'm just working to get a better schedule set up so I can work on the translation project more efficiently.
The project is still being worked on. I've been pretty bad at keeping updates here, I'll admit though. With that being said, I think I'll post a monthly update to keep things a bit fresh. I hope that's not too much, I guess.
I'll make a post on how to get all the endings for each chapter thus far coming up. I forgot how to do them as well :o
So far, we've done Day 1 and Day 3 of Kyoko's Chapter.
Feel free to drop any questions or comments below. Thank you all.

Nouka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey Carlitos! No worries, your health obviously comes first. You've been working hard on this project for so long, i am sure i speak for everyone here that we really appreciate all the work you've done already and are looking forward to Kyoko's Chapter whenever it's convenient for you to complete it. Take care! :grog:

Last edited by Nouka,

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hey Carlitos! No worries, your health obviously comes first. You've been working hard on this project for so long, i am sure i speak for everyone here that we really appreciate all the work you've done already and are looking forward to Kyoko's Chapter whenever it's convenient for you to complete it.
Yes, we do!

Carlitos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, thanks for the support as always. This is just a small update for the time being. Me and Maa9 are revising the first chapter of the game (Madoka's Chapter) and redoing a majority of the lines of the chapter for the time being. The earlier part of the game definitely need a facelift, as it was done by the previous translation team and hasn't been looked at more carefully.
Other than that, we'll keep chipping away at Kyoko's Chapter. :)

KentaZX

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone, thanks for the support as always. This is just a small update for the time being. Me and Maa9 are revising the first chapter of the game (Madoka's Chapter) and redoing a majority of the lines of the chapter for the time being. The earlier part of the game definitely need a facelift, as it was done by the previous translation team and hasn't been looked at more carefully.
Other than that, we'll keep chipping away at Kyoko's Chapter. :)
Lots of respect for looking back at the previous team work and fixing it up. Keep it up man.:yay:

Reactions: Nouka and Carlitos

AirierPaprika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Carlitos I've been following this project since August of last year and I've played through all the way to Sayakas route, I even used the official guide to get all the endings so far. Thank you for the amazing translation. So I want ask if I can help with proofreading, editing or anything similar. Thank you again

Carlitos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, this is just a minor update for this month regarding the project.
We're continuing on our process of redoing the translations of the early Madoka Chapter and working on Kyoko's Chapter.
Nothing else to report at the moment.

Hey Carlitos I've been following this project since August of last year and I've played through all the way to Sayakas route, I even used the official guide to get all the endings so far. Thank you for the amazing translation. So I want ask if I can help with proofreading, editing or anything similar. Thank you again

Glad you enjoyed the game so far! Well, I may consider releasing a "monthly" patch of the game for those who want to take a look at it earlier than the public patch. I can send you a patch next month for you to look at. It'll have some of the days in Kyoko's Chapter done and ready for review. Right now, the chapter is in an odd point to look at, so I'll have to work on it a bit before I share it. I'll message you.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'll keep you all updated. Take it easy everyone, and thanks as always. :)

Carlitos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, monthly update! Spoiler: it's a minor update, nothing crazy
What's new? Kyoko's Chapter Day 1, part of Day 2, and all of Day 3 are done.
I sent a link to the monthly patch to those who were interested in playing it and proofreading it, or to those who were already helping with the patch.
If you'd like to take a look at the patch, feel free to reply on the thread or send me a PM.
P.S.: It's been a weird time for all of us, just keeping busy with real life and whatnot.
Other than that, I hope everyone's doing well. Take care and I'll see you all later. :)

Carlitos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys, a minor update for the month.
More of Day 2 for Kyoko's Chapter has been worked on.
I fixed a small error in Sayaka's Chapter.
No new patch for now. I haven't worked much on it to warrant a release of the patch. I'll keep you all posted. Take care!

Carlitos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, small monthly update for the time being.
I haven't worked on the project this past month that much. I've been really busy working and dealing with real life.
As a heads up, I am probably not going to be able to touch the project as much this upcoming month as well.
No small patch update to distribute at the moment.
I'll keep you all posted. Take care!

Carlitos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone! A small update for the time being.
Erm, while I said I wasn't going to work much on the project this past month, @Kevan33 and I worked on a couple of issues that were present while playing the game on an actual PSP. Sadly, we couldn't find much of a solution to the random crashes and freezes that Kevan33 was experiencing, as I was testing the game on a PS Vita that wasn't showing any of the same symptoms. Still, while I do believe most people will play the game on emulator, playing on original hardware is just as important (and fun). If anyone has any bugs and issues playing it on actual hardware, feel free to let me know here as well.
I'm still chipping away with Kyoko's Chapter, on Day 2. I'm not gonna lie, translating Sayaka and Kyoko fighting each other for like the 3rd/4th time is a bit boring, and it doesn't help that I get easily distracted, but I'm almost done with it!
I may release a patch after Day 4 or Day 5 is done, depending on the flow of the game.
I'm as busy as always, as well as for the other members who have worked on this project, but I'll keep you all posted. Take care!

larutaku791

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello everyone! A small update for the time being.
Erm, while I said I wasn't going to work much on the project this past month, @Kevan33 and I worked on a couple of issues that were present while playing the game on an actual PSP. Sadly, we couldn't find much of a solution to the random crashes and freezes that Kevan33 was experiencing, as I was testing the game on a PS Vita that wasn't showing any of the same symptoms. Still, while I do believe most people will play the game on emulator, playing on original hardware is just as important (and fun). If anyone has any bugs and issues playing it on actual hardware, feel free to let me know here as well.
I'm still chipping away with Kyoko's Chapter, on Day 2. I'm not gonna lie, translating Sayaka and Kyoko fighting each other for like the 3rd/4th time is a bit boring, and it doesn't help that I get easily distracted, but I'm almost done with it!
I may release a patch after Day 4 or Day 5 is done, depending on the flow of the game.
I'm as busy as always, as well as for the other members who have worked on this project, but I'll keep you all posted. Take care!
hi, first of all... thanks to all the team for the amazing work y'all are doing. second thing: my friend recently gave me his psp go to play a couple of games i wanted on original hardware, mostly japanese games with translations like this project. the first error i found while playing was that wasn't able to transfer the save data to unlock the dlc chapter and had to start with a fresh save file. the game said the data was corrupted and that i had to erase it for some reason. the second error were the random crashes but those strangely only happened when the charlotte event is available in madoka's chapter (no idea if the other chapters are affected by this since i only tested one of them), during this story event you could get a freeze screen during: random moments of the visual novel part of the game, the dungeon crawler gameplay in charlotte's barrier and when you're battling the boss (in both phases). the screen freezes and the sound stops for a while until the system soft reboots itself (sometimes it even hard rebooted, having me to enable the softmod again to see my list of games). ok, but... was i able to finish that event? actually, yes! a lot of trial and error and a couple of speedrunning moments later i was able to win the boss battle with homura, advance to the next day and save but here's a little note about it and i think it's important for the research of these crashes... i let the psp go in sleep mode for a couple of day with the game suspended on the second phase of the boss and one day i just grabbed the psp because we were going out and finished it without problems so maybe and just maybe... it's a memory leak related problem? a specific model issue? incompatibility with regions? some corrupt data in the translation mod? hope this can help and welp, i still have the psp here if you wanna contact me to check on dev builds and see if i can advance in gameplay with no crashes or errors, i would be glad to help with the testing of the project since i'm a big fan of the series.
changing subjects... i also had similar problems trying the english patch for sword art online: infinity moment. only when doing certain actions that loaded text or things that weren't translated yet. also tried the k-on game, no problems with that one so far so maybe you guys could research on how that one handles everything, maybe?

anyways, that's all and thanks for reading this extensive text... i'm open to contribute with this project so count with me if you need beta testers on real hardware or via emulation on pc or android, also count with me if you need someone else to translate text because i'm studying japanese and i could be helpful with that (i have been trying the ps vita game's translation too and played a lot of the not translated parts without issues hehe) so yeah, here i am.

here's my discord in case you wanna contact me: @rooftoprun2008 and thanks again for everything, have a nice day :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch