Translation Puella Magi Madoka Magica Portable Translation Project

Carlitos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone! This is a minor update on the project.

Days 1, 2, and 3 of Kyoko's Chapter are done and are in the process of being reviewed. Day 4 is partially translated and will continue to be worked on.

Long story short, I haven't been feeling well, dealing with my gut and my immune system, which thankfully, is being treated and I'm making progress with. I've also had to put the project mostly on hold because of other "complications", mainly from staying at my parents' place since earlier this year. I came here for Mother's Day back in February, and ended up staying here almost until the end of the year. I've had some exceptional circumstances to deal with, you could say. :wacko:

I'm still looking forward to getting this project done by late 2024, just before the new Madoka Magica movie comes out (which looks REALLY awesome!).
I'll be heading back home mid-November, and start getting the ball rolling again.
Sorry that I haven't been more transparent on these issues... they're a bit more personal but I think it warrants being mentioned in this case.

hi, first of all... thanks to all the team for the amazing work y'all are doing. second thing: my friend recently gave me his psp go to play a couple of games i wanted on original hardware, mostly japanese games with translations like this project. the first error i found while playing was that wasn't able to transfer the save data to unlock the dlc chapter and had to start with a fresh save file. the game said the data was corrupted and that i had to erase it for some reason. the second error were the random crashes but those strangely only happened when the charlotte event is available in madoka's chapter (no idea if the other chapters are affected by this since i only tested one of them), during this story event you could get a freeze screen during: random moments of the visual novel part of the game, the dungeon crawler gameplay in charlotte's barrier and when you're battling the boss (in both phases). the screen freezes and the sound stops for a while until the system soft reboots itself (sometimes it even hard rebooted, having me to enable the softmod again to see my list of games). ok, but... was i able to finish that event? actually, yes! a lot of trial and error and a couple of speedrunning moments later i was able to win the boss battle with homura, advance to the next day and save but here's a little note about it and i think it's important for the research of these crashes... i let the psp go in sleep mode for a couple of day with the game suspended on the second phase of the boss and one day i just grabbed the psp because we were going out and finished it without problems so maybe and just maybe... it's a memory leak related problem? a specific model issue? incompatibility with regions? some corrupt data in the translation mod? hope this can help and welp, i still have the psp here if you wanna contact me to check on dev builds and see if i can advance in gameplay with no crashes or errors, i would be glad to help with the testing of the project since i'm a big fan of the series.
changing subjects... i also had similar problems trying the english patch for sword art online: infinity moment. only when doing certain actions that loaded text or things that weren't translated yet. also tried the k-on game, no problems with that one so far so maybe you guys could research on how that one handles everything, maybe?

anyways, that's all and thanks for reading this extensive text... i'm open to contribute with this project so count with me if you need beta testers on real hardware or via emulation on pc or android, also count with me if you need someone else to translate text because i'm studying japanese and i could be helpful with that (i have been trying the ps vita game's translation too and played a lot of the not translated parts without issues hehe) so yeah, here i am.

here's my discord in case you wanna contact me: @rooftoprun2008 and thanks again for everything, have a nice day :)

Hmm I know that saves do get corrupted from time to time, but I'm not sure what is the reason behind it. Did you use the saves from CDRomance to play Homura's Chapter? Those should work.
For Charlotte's boss battle, I find that "suspending" the game and then re-entering the same helps with restoring the game's UI. It may also help with preventing random crashes and freezing, especially during the dungeon-crawling sequences in other Chapters.
As far as memory leaks, I'm not too savvy with pointing those out or even on how to resolve them. I've ran into these crashes myself and like I said before, putting the game into "suspend" mode and reloading it helps a lot... plus, I don't lose too much progress and have to reload the game quite as often.
This game is a bit buggy, and I think it's that way regardless of whether the translations are in place or not. However, I'll try to see what I can do with error logs and maybe investigate on it further. I appreciate the feedback and your findings. I may shoot you a message on Discord sometime soon and take it from there.

Thank you all, and I'll keep you all updated. Take care.

Carlitos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Madoka Magica Portable, Patch 3.1

Download link:
https://mega.nz/file/Q0FmQKQZ#JQhpqtYMgv6qPAHpFsTZ7ny7P-5jV5L2H_I_7Ct28iA

What's New:
-Kyoko's Chapter, Days 1-4 are complete
-Small fixes to other chapters in the game (shop items, spell names, etc.)

We'll be working on the rest of Kyoko's Chapter, as well as reviewing Madoka's Chapter.

Thanks for the support everyone. I moved back to my home base and took last month to readjust to a stable routine.
I'll be working on this project more often, now that my health has vastly improved. Keep on the lookout form ore updates!

KentaZX

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Madoka Magica Portable, Patch 3.1

Download link:
https://mega.nz/file/Q0FmQKQZ#JQhpqtYMgv6qPAHpFsTZ7ny7P-5jV5L2H_I_7Ct28iA

What's New:
-Kyoko's Chapter, Days 1-4 are complete
-Small fixes to other chapters in the game (shop items, spell names, etc.)

We'll be working on the rest of Kyoko's Chapter, as well as reviewing Madoka's Chapter.

Thanks for the support everyone. I moved back to my home base and took last month to readjust to a stable routine.
I'll be working on this project more often, now that my health has vastly improved. Keep on the lookout form ore updates!
Ayy glad to hear your health is better!

edu10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Alguem poder mim ajudar eu tentou fazer isso funciona no psp não funciona não importa oque faça poder mim ajudar por favor

Reactions: Carlitos

Carlitos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys, thanks for the support as always! This is just a small update to the status of the project.
Kyoko's Chapter is translated, up to Day 11 (with revisions and some editing needing to be made). We hope to translate the game up to a proper middle point, so that another patch can be released.
Take care!

catbubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hello! I am super new on this but i was wondering, what is the overall progress on the game so far? like routes fully finished and stuff, because i am planning to play it!

Reactions: Carlitos

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...