Gaming Please advice a decent game... Definitely not Mario!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
1. Mario, Luigi, Pokemon, Link, Kirby and stuff like that - definitely NO! No stupid arcade, racing, fighting, camera works, logic - do not want.
2. Want to have a decent good scenario, good dialogue, not for 12 year old. Not much of a grinding.
3. Played Virtue Last Reward. Good dialogues, but TOO SLOW. Do not have 20 hours to play a game, please.
4. RPG is ok, if have a decent scenario and nice text. Should be at least one unexpected plot twists. No Shin Megami Tensei, please! Or Conception II.
5. No Layton or Attorney, already played lot of it on DS.

----

Games already suggested:

Fire Emblem Awakening, Project X Zone, Bravely Default, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shovel Knight, Resident Evil Revelations, Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir, Tales of the abyss, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies, Retro City Rampage, Kingdom Hearts: DDD.

Anyone?

eilan25

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I don't think the 3DS is a system you will enjoy very much...
But just to be extra clear, can you give an example of some games that you DO enjoy?

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
1. Mario, Luigi, Pokemon, Link, Kirby and stuff like that - definitely NO! No stupid arcade, racing, fighting, camera works, logic - do not want.
2. Want to have a decent good scenario, good dialogue, not for 12 year old. Not much of a grinding.
3. Played Virtue Last Reward. Good dialogues, but TOO SLOW. Do not have 20 hours to play a game, please.
4. RPG is ok, if have a decent scenario and nice text. Should be at least one unexpected plot twists. No Shin Megami Tensei, please! Or Conception II.
5. No Layton or Attorney, nonono.

Anyone?

You did not say no to music games.

Project Mirai 2!

Has good dialogue (probably) if you can read japanese!

Or Fantasy life, it is RPG, starts off like it's meant for 12 years old,
but you'll move past it. not much grinding.

OR you could just download Diablo III for PC.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Avoiding everything you've ruled out, I'd suggest Project X Zone and Bravely Default... although I'm not sure what you're expecting saying "don't have 20hrs to play game" then "RPG is ok" on the next line :glare:

Scorp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
Fire Emblem Awakening

Where you see there decent story or dialogues?

Or Fantasy life, it is RPG, starts off like it's meant for 12 years old,
but you'll move past it. not much grinding.
Where is good story here? Interesting dialogues? Plot twists?

OR you could just download Diablo III for PC.
I have it for Xbox360. Never even tried to play. Even D2 was a bit of a fail, and D3 is for onliners only.
D1 have nice story and good dialogues, but it is one big grind.

I don't think the 3DS is a system you will enjoy very much...
But just to be extra clear, can you give an example of some games that you DO enjoy?

Sure, why not. On NDS: 999, Valkyria Profile: Covenant of the Plume, Hotel Dusk. On 3DS with some extent it could be VLR, but should be less time to play and better gfx, in that case it would be very nice.

Scorp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
Avoiding everything you've ruled out, I'd suggest Project X Zone and Bravely Default... although I'm not sure what you're expecting saying "don't have 20hrs to play game" then "RPG is ok" on the next line :glare:

Well, most RPG could be completed in less than 20 hours... I just wan to avoid all that stupid level-up as much as possible (played TOO much RPG already). I just want to see the story, spending the lowest possible amount of time into the battles.

Ok, thx for suggestions, I will try them and will tell, if they are ok or not :)

1. Mario, Luigi, Pokemon, Link, Kirby and stuff like that - definitely NO!

Scorp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
I say that leaves cave story...

I'd say I played it loooong ago back in time.

Guys, lets try to advice something, eh? Yes, I understand, that there is no decent game for 3DS for a man with my taste and I am very disappointed already that I bought it, but it is how things go on. So I want to find at least 2-3 games, which I could at least play without thinking "what a waste of time and money"...

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
Bravely Default is an incredible RPG with not much grinding but probably you won't like chapter +5 since the story becomes very slow if you decide to do all the optional sidequests. Still, the game have some really nice plot twists.

Can't think of anything else to suggest, since you turned down most Nintendo's first party titles. Rhythm Thief if you like Rhythm games, Gunvolt if you like MegaMan Zero-like Platformer, Fire Emblem if you like strategy games.

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Metal Gear Solid 3 3D, great story and dialogues (awesome voice acting), great game. 3DS version is not the best version of this game IMHO ( HD Remake for PS3 / Xbox 360 / Vita is better and cheaper), but it has its unique features ( 3d and you can do the duck walk!). Might take a bit getting used to the controls on a 3DS but its one of the best stealth action games i ever played in my life and i love the story.

Oh and how can i forget Shovel Knight, if you like Duck tales, Zelda 2 and Mario 3 for the NES you will love this game.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Metal gear solid 3, resident evil revelations. (don't remember if the story was good in resident evil though)

Scorp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
Okay, Bravely Default was already mentioned, would take a look at it. Rhythm games I do not like at all, I would even say I hate them, even in same proportion as the games with AR and cameras... I do not really like arcades, unless they have a good story and dialogues (I would say that for example Another World had a nice story and different gameplay, if there is similar arcades on 3ds you can suggest them too). Megaman, Duck Tales, Castlevania, Metroid - not interested in them.

Metal Gear Solid 3 3D, great story and dialogues (awesome voice acting), great game. 3DS version is not the best version of this game IMHO ( HD Remake for PS3 / Xbox 360 / Vita is better and cheaper)
Already played on Xbox360. And I am not a MGS fan, actually (imho best game was Metal Gear for MSX, nearly perfect game I would say), so I finished MGS1, and I totally disappointed in this conception of bosses etc. So MGS3 my friend played and I just watched. Do not want to play it on 3DS.

Metal gear solid 3, resident evil revelations. (don't remember if the story was good in resident evil though)
Resident have pretty mediocre story and not great gameplay. Never was able to understand why such sort of game got lot of fans. Seems it was something new back in the days, but now I never got catched by it.

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My favorite game that may qualify for your strict requirements is (if you like "horror" games):

Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir

I may be biased though as I LOVE the Fatal Frame series.

Edit: I was slow to post this and didn't see your comment about AR/Camera games... Although in all fairness it still is a great game.

Scorp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
Well, I told about camera works in my first message...

Lets say, I want the game, which have 70% of story and 30% of gameplay. Seems adventure genre with a bit of puzzles would fit.

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I told about camera works in my first message...

Lets say, I want the game, which have 70% of story and 30% of gameplay. Seems adventure genre with a bit of puzzles would fit.

I'm really reaching here... Considering your exclusions that gives me these games:

All LEGO games
All Skylanders games

The story is child-friendly in all of those games but obviously some are great for adults as well. They are at least 70% adventure/story and all have puzzles to solve scattered throughout the entire game. All can be played in as little as 10min. sittings but all are 5-10hrs to beat if you do all the puzzles/side quests (even optional ones).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Z @ Zurdonx: he's already banned nevermind