Hacking Playstation Vita Hacking News/Overview/FAQ

XularusXIII

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you check my guide? That has links to the update PKGs (install them using Package Installer)
I don't think I've seen it, no. But I'm just trying to get PSM for Unity installed in the first place, so does that mean 1.05 is just gonna be a .pkg that I use to update PSM after I've initially installed it?

Reactions: Deleted User

ResleyZ

Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So yeah, I got a PS Vita on 3.52, so it's capable of the e-mail/bubble hack thingy, but was wondering if there is still a way to play PSP backups on it. I wanted to see if I can update it, unless it's able to play backups, preferably with TN-V, or ARK if that's possible.

Last edited by ResleyZ,
D

Deleted User

So yeah, I got a PS Vita on 3.52, so it's capable of the e-mail/bubble hack thingy, but was wondering if there is still a way to play backups on it. I wanted to see if I can update it, unless it's able to play backups, preferably with TN-V, or ARK if that's possible.
PSP backups and ISOs with TN-V and ARK on 3.52, yes.
PS Vita backups with the email hack... possibly.

Reactions: ResleyZ

ResleyZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
PSP backups and ISOs with TN-V and ARK on 3.52, yes.
PS Vita backups with the email hack... possibly.
Yeah, I meant PSP back-ups, edited my original post too.
So, would it also require a specific psp game, like a exploit games, or is it possible with the e-mail/bubble hack? As I've read on wololo that there are multiple games that could enable it, but not which one definitely work.

D

Deleted User

Yeah, I meant PSP back-ups, edited my original post too.
So, would it also require a specific psp game, like a exploit games, or is it possible with the e-mail/bubble hack? As I've read on wololo that there are multiple games that could enable it, but not which one definitely work.
No, you can use any PSP game as your TN-V or ARK bubble. It requires placing a PBOOT.PBP in the PSP/GAME/TITLEID/ directory and then transferring the basegame to and from the PC.

Reactions: ResleyZ

ResleyZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No, you can use any PSP game as your TN-V or ARK bubble. It requires placing a PBOOT.PBP in the PSP/GAME/TITLEID/ directory and then transferring the basegame to and from the PC.
Alright, cool! Guess I'll play a bit with it tonight or tomorrow. Really liked TN-V on 3.18, but a friend of mine updated my Vita, so lost all the stuff on it, which kinda sucked, but oh well.

D

Deleted User

Alright, cool! Guess I'll play a bit with it tonight or tomorrow. Really liked TN-V on 3.18, but a friend of mine updated my Vita, so lost all the stuff on it, which kinda sucked, but oh well.
Why do friends tend to update consoles a lot? Oh well... :P

ResleyZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why do friends tend to update consoles a lot? Oh well... :P
I guess ignorance, asked me if they could play a game, I said sure, and I think the notice came up for the update, and they just clicked it. That's one reason I won't let them touch my 3DS, no way I'm gonna lose GW support.

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
The Vita is a disappointment all around :(
Even if loading backups was possible we would still have to buy those
expensive/slow memory cards. Sony really tried to fuck their user base
with this one and the Vita deserves to be dead even if it's an amazing
piece of Hardware with great JRPGs. Fuck you Sony for ruining my favorite
Platform!!

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I installed a TN-V hack on 3.18 and then update it to 3.55 will it still work?
Possibly but why would you want to do something like that? People wish they had a ps vita on 3.18 as that is the perfect ps vita firmware to be on.

DPyro

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Possibly but why would you want to do something like that? People wish they had a ps vita on 3.18 as that is the perfect ps vita firmware to be on.
I want to play online, access the store and play some new games that need updated firmware. Already have a hacked PSP that I never use, and 3.55 can run PSP homebrews anyway.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to play online, access the store and play some new games that need updated firmware. Already have a hacked PSP that I never use, and 3.55 can run PSP homebrews anyway.
I see. Just a heads up though, if you update to 3.55 for online/psn access and sony released a firmware update past 3.55, updating to it could have a risk of breaking the tn-v hack you have installed. It is a constant struggle for ps vita owners of do you want psp hacks, and in your case since you are on a low firmware, native ps vita hacks like rejuvenate or future native ps vita hacks, or update to have online and psn shop access.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, I know what it is. :creep: