Both SDcard and PS card failed, vita fails Henkaku exploit, not sure where to go now! 3.60 Henkaku, no vitashell bubble

Pukington

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I’ve a vita slim, on 3.60 Henkaku. It had a 16gb Sony card in it and also a 32gb sd2vita.

I use my vita when travelling. I thought I’d try and use a bigger sd card, so took out the old one, copied it’s contents to my pc and to a larger sdcard that had been formatted correctly.

On putting it into the vita it failed to give me any bubbles. I booted into safe and did a repair. Booted back up and my Sony memory card told me it needed to be formatted which seemed odd. On subsequent boots it told me the same.

I formatted it and still get the error so assume it’s fucked.

Trouble is, I don’t have vitashell etc. I’ve tried to run the Henkaku website exploit but it constantly fails with an error. I’ve tried everything I’ve searched for but it just gives me the c2-12828-1 error. I’ve done all sorts, clear cookies, different connection, turn BT off, remove cards. I’ve also reformatted the internal card. Nowt.

I assume my vita shell etc was installed on the Sony card, I don’t know.

I’m really lost as what to do now. Is there anyway I can install vitashell without running the exploit?

I’d appreciate any help else I think it’s dead.
Post automatically merged:

So I solved this by using qcma. I remotely installed vitashell which allowed me to then edit all the stuff that was fucked. My sd2vita works fine although my memory card is well dead. Seems that enso can cause an issue with doing the Henkaku exploit if it gets messed up, so assume that’s the issue. Anyhow, solved. Thought I’d put this up incase anyone googles and ends up on this thread.

Last edited by Pukington,

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HI Puke -

Have you thought about just starting over? Sure you'll lose some game/save files. The Henkaku version I have on my Vita is different from yours and yeilds differrent results (like for instance, my Vita no longer uses the Sony memory card, and that the game slot can only be used for SD2Vita, and NOT a game card).

This hack is a bit different than your because it includes both the henkaku/enso hack as well as setting up your SD2Vita card. In the end, I think that this is a better solution for a hack. I've heard of a lot of issues with SD2Vita cards with different versions of henkaku, I have never had ANY issues with my SD2Vita card, and I have a 1TB sdcard.

First, get rid of your current hack and set your PS Vta back to factory standards. Use THIS method as it works with any given hack. Then follow the second video to hack your Vita. Before any of this, make sure you format your sd card to exFAT file system.

If you've not seen these particular videos before, I suggest you watch them a couple times before resetting your Vita and hacking your Vita.

RESET VIDEO:

New Henkaku Hack (from Vita.Hacks.Guide)

I hope this helps!

Hi all.

I’ve a vita slim, on 3.60 Henkaku. It had a 16gb Sony card in it and also a 32gb sd2vita.

I use my vita when travelling. I thought I’d try and use a bigger sd card, so took out the old one, copied it’s contents to my pc and to a larger sdcard that had been formatted correctly.

On putting it into the vita it failed to give me any bubbles. I booted into safe and did a repair. Booted back up and my Sony memory card told me it needed to be formatted which seemed odd. On subsequent boots it told me the same.

I formatted it and still get the error so assume it’s fucked.

Trouble is, I don’t have vitashell etc. I’ve tried to run the Henkaku website exploit but it constantly fails with an error. I’ve tried everything I’ve searched for but it just gives me the c2-12828-1 error. I’ve done all sorts, clear cookies, different connection, turn BT off, remove cards. I’ve also reformatted the internal card. Nowt.

I assume my vita shell etc was installed on the Sony card, I don’t know.

I’m really lost as what to do now. Is there anyway I can install vitashell without running the exploit?

I’d appreciate any help else I think it’s dead.

So I solved this by using qcma. I remotely installed vitashell which allowed me to then edit all the stuff that was fucked. My sd2vita works fine although my memory card is well dead. Seems that enso can cause an issue with doing the Henkaku exploit if it gets messed up, so assume that’s the issue. Anyhow, solved. Thought I’d put this up incase anyone googles and ends up on this thread.

Ah, just saw this message at the bottom of your thread. Looks like I was a little late to the party! Oh well, glad you got it working! :)

Last edited by The_Dizzy_Vizzy,

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
sounds like you didn't copy all the files correctly, out of interest since it doesnt matter now,did you enable show system files in file explorer? because theres some hidden files that enable hidden folders still wouldn't show.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: report your account, a supervisor will take care of it