I took out the sd2vita card and now the vita won't read the card

filtering_generic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took out the sd2vita (and i heard a small click when i took it out, as if it had not been moved in a long time) to see if i could maybe increase it to a larger size and then put it back and it booted up much slower, i couldn't turn it off only restart it. I took out the sd2vita card and it said something like "updating vita" so i turned it off Immediately and turn it on, everything but the defult apps are gone including vita shell, but henkaku is still in the settings menu. It won't read the sd2vita card. There is nothing in the devices menu other than Bluetooth devices and external keyboard. I think it still has CFW because the software is at 3.65 and some chinese characters.

I didn't mod this vita myself instead i bought it modded, i have modded vitas before successfully but never did sd2vita.

Also the playstation bottom was flashing as if it had a problem reading the sd2vita while booting up.

The game slot reads games, but not the sd2vita card, how do i get my sd2vita card to work again? I have no idea where to start.

Last edited by filtering_generic,

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes when you handle an SD2Vita adapter, fingerprints can literally stop it from functioning properly. You'd think that they would be a little bit "tougher", but they are quite fragile. This is not an N64 cartridge. Clean the contacts on the bottom of the adapter. Make sure your vita is turned off. Put the card back in and watch the screen. I believe that when you saw that message "updating vita" it actually said "updating database". Keep toying around with the unit, and you're likely to see that message again. LET IT DO WHAT IT'S DOING, DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR CONSOLE.

Finally, make sure that your micro sd card is firmly inserted into the adapter. Pull it out and then put it back into the adapter, without touching the sensitive/exposed part of the sd card.

Let us know how it goes. :)
Post automatically merged:

Additionally, you can check the contents of your micro sd card on your computer, and make sure that your folder settings are set to "show hidden files, folders and drives".

filtering_generic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes when you handle an SD2Vita adapter, fingerprints can literally stop it from functioning properly. You'd think that they would be a little bit "tougher", but they are quite fragile. This is not an N64 cartridge. Clean the contacts on the bottom of the adapter. Make sure your vita is turned off. Put the card back in and watch the screen. I believe that when you saw that message "updating vita" it actually said "updating database". Keep toying around with the unit, and you're likely to see that message again. LET IT DO WHAT IT'S DOING, DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR CONSOLE.

Finally, make sure that your micro sd card is firmly inserted into the adapter. Pull it out and then put it back into the adapter, without touching the sensitive/exposed part of the sd card.

Let us know how it goes. :)
Post automatically merged:

Additionally, you can check the contents of your micro sd card on your computer, and make sure that your folder settings are set to "show hidden files, folders and drives".
i've take the sd2vita card out and taken out the sdcard about 10 times and it still brings me to the screen with all the default apps. I've taken the sdcard and put into my computer but i just see a bunch of folders, i don't know what to do with it?

I tried a game again and it read the game without problem.

filtering_generic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What version of SD2Vita you have? any damaged to the SD2Vita?
the sd2vita adapter says "memory sd2vita pro" There isn't any obvious damage but when it took out the sdcard from the sd2vita adapter it make a small crunch noise like it had not been moved in a long time, but i doubt something broke or else i wouldn't have gotten the "updating database" prompt.

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, could be a hardware issue, neither my adapter nor my micro sd card make any noise when removing/installing them. However, the content on your card, when plugged into your computer should look like this:

rqlcOLM.jpg

filtering_generic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, could be a hardware issue, neither my adapter nor my micro sd card make any noise when removing/installing them. However, the content on your card, when plugged into your computer should look like this:

rqlcOLM.jpg
it's very close to being the same, only more stuff.

It shouldn't just stop working because you took out the sd2vita card right?

Edit: Also would it be a bad idea to start the vita without the sd2vita in and then put it in, see if it works, then take it out and put it in till it works?

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's very close to being the same, only more stuff.

It shouldn't just stop working because you took out the sd2vita card right?

Edit: Also would it be a bad idea to start the vita without the sd2vita in and then put it in, see if it works, then take it out and put it in till it works?

Don't put the card in or take it out when the PS Vita is powered on. And yes, rest assured that all of your content is still on the micro sd card. I think if you just keep fiddling with it, it will begin to work properly. Be patient and keep trying. Hayato213 has a valid point. Worst comes to worse you may have to replace the Vita adatper card for like $7.99

I have one of each of these:

RGEEK 2021 New Version SD2Vita PS VITA Memory Card Adapter

Memory SD2VITA Pro - Compatible Micro PSV Adaptor

The first one is the black one with the red PS symbols and reads "Vita Adapter", and is currently housing a 1TB micro SD card, and the second one is white that reads "Memory SD2VITA Pro Compatible Micro PSV Adaptor", and is housing a 256GB micro SD card. It might be worth buying a new card. Who knows? But for $7 it's worth looking into...

Last edited by The_Dizzy_Vizzy,

filtering_generic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent! Let us know how it goes chief! :hrth:
Okay, it came a day early and i put it in and it booted up to the default screen with the regular apps you see on a system restore only with CFW.

I have no idea what happened, all i did was take the SD2VITA card out while it was booting up because it wouldn't start, it kept trying to load the SD2VITA sdcard and just gave up permanently. In theory it should work when i plug it in again, especially on a new sd2vita card.

I haven't tried to jailbreak it again through the website exploit and install vita deploy, which is what i'll probably have to do, but i have zero storage so i don't even know if i can save homebrew applications.

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you format the card before you stuck it into the Adapter? If not, be sure to format the card on your computer (not the Vita, that comes a bit later). Make sure that when you format the card, select exFAT file system.

Let us know, we're here to help!

filtering_generic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably won't do anything, but if there's nothing on the card it can't hurt to try...
SUCCESS!!

All i did was back up the files, format the sdcard and then put the files back on it, and when i turned on the vita (expecting it to not work again) and it loaded the database and worked! i have all my old stuff back. Thank you for the help!

Edit: I have a question, could i format a bigger sdcard and put the same files on it and would it accept the card and load the vita data base? i actually have a bigger sdcard, maybe i should try it.

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SUCCESS!!

All i did was back up the files, format the sdcard and then put the files back on it, and when i turned on the vita (expecting it to not work again) and it loaded the database and worked! i have all my old stuff back. Thank you for the help!

Edit: I have a question, could i format a bigger sdcard and put the same files on it and would it accept the card and load the vita data base? i actually have a bigger sdcard, maybe i should try it.
Yes! I went from a 256GB card to a 1TB card, works flawlessly! Glad to hear you're back in the game chief! :)

filtering_generic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes! I went from a 256GB card to a 1TB card, works flawlessly! Glad to hear you're back in the game chief! :)
Okay so, i tried an 512gb card on the sd2vita adapter and it didn't work, i just got the default empty vita screen. then i put the original sdcard and it loaded all the files back. I'll just stay with the 128gb card, at least it works, thank you for the help!

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so, i tried an 512gb card on the sd2vita adapter and it didn't work, i just got the default empty vita screen. then i put the original sdcard and it loaded all the files back. I'll just stay with the 128gb card, at least it works, thank you for the help!
Could be the adapter. I have two (I showed them before), dunno why a 512GB card would not work, as there are plenty of people here that have one. Glad you got it working tho!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch