PKGj installer/psemu game transfer question

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do not use antiblacklist. it won't let you install game updates or game updates won't work. use DolcePolce.suprx
Your information is always golden.

Every time I come to GBATemp I see you have helped another handful of people with correct information.

Thank you for your seemingly tireless devotion to helping Vita owners get the most out of their console.

• Love
Reactions: godreborn

Kinghenry8515

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well.......

The PS TV project went South once again. Sadly, my memory card updated after reboot, all my bubbles disappeared and I thought, "I am done with moving the bubbles over" and formatted my memory card.

Reinstalled everything, however, after I put it all back together I noticed my memory was low (lower than it should have been), so I moved the SD card from the PS TV to my PC and found that although I have 77 gb free, the PS TV only recognizes about 13 gb of free space.

Formatted the memory card (did a full format, not a 'quick format') because I found something on reddit where another person encountered this problem. According to what I read, reformatting at 64 cluster size fixes the problem. Last time I formatted the card I did a 'quick format/default cluster size', for all I know it was 64--but after I move this 215 gb retroarch build over I will know if its working....it shows 477 gb free space now--but it showed that last time until I started adding things....

So with all said and done hopefully this works. I never did manage to bring the Vita games over, and definitely will not be bringing over bubbles...

If this does not work this PS TV is going on eBay, lol. It is starting to seem I may just not understand enough to get it running properly. I suppose I could have settled with a loss of about 80 gigs, but I had not even added my Vita games yet. After doing more PSP's than I can count, and 2 Vitas this thing is proving to be a huge pain. I really thought it would be an easy setup--mostly because all the guides have said the PSTV and Vita are essentially the same. Maybe so, but this TV is way more picky about everything than the Vita was!

Just to vent a little, I am coming off a failed Wii-U project--pretty sure it had the SSB corruption, got Tiramisu installed, but could not add ANY pgms (no advice needed, I will never go back to it, lol)--and now this PS TV is driving me nuts. :P

EDIT: I would love to try and just copy memory cards, unfortunately I only have one card reader and not enough free disk space (nearly 400 gb) on any of my drives to dump it so I can load it to the new card. Also, the Vita needs some tweaks (especially in Retroarch) and a fresh build is probably best.

Last edited by Kinghenry8515,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well.......

The PS TV project went South once again. Sadly, my memory card updated after reboot, all my bubbles disappeared and I thought, "I am done with moving the bubbles over" and formatted my memory card.

Reinstalled everything, however, after I put it all back together I noticed my memory was low (lower than it should have been), so I moved the SD card from the PS TV to my PC and found that although I have 77 gb free, the PS TV only recognizes about 13 gb of free space.

Formatted the memory card (did a full format, not a 'quick format') because I found something on reddit where another person encountered this problem. According to what I read, reformatting at 64 cluster size fixes the problem. Last time I formatted the card I did a 'quick format/default cluster size', for all I know it was 64--but after I move this 215 gb retroarch build over I will know if its working....it shows 477 gb free space now--but it showed that last time until I started adding things....

So with all said and done hopefully this works. I never did manage to bring the Vita games over, and definitely will not be bringing over bubbles...

If this does not work this PS TV is going on eBay, lol. It is starting to seem I may just not understand enough to get it running properly. I suppose I could have settled with a loss of about 80 gigs, but I had not even added my Vita games yet. After doing more PSP's than I can count, and 2 Vitas this thing is proving to be a huge pain. I really thought it would be an easy setup--mostly because all the guides have said the PSTV and Vita are essentially the same. Maybe so, but this TV is way more picky about everything than the Vita was!

Just to vent a little, I am coming off a failed Wii-U project--pretty sure it had the SSB corruption, got Tiramisu installed, but could not add ANY pgms (no advice needed, I will never go back to it, lol)--and now this PS TV is driving me nuts. :P

EDIT: I would love to try and just copy memory cards, unfortunately I only have one card reader and not enough free disk space (nearly 400 gb) on any of my drives to dump it so I can load it to the new card. Also, the Vita needs some tweaks (especially in Retroarch) and a fresh build is probably best.
You could try one of those micro-sd to usb devices for the other card.

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well.......
According to what I read, reformatting at 64 cluster size fixes the problem.

Rough!

It does need to be 64 or smaller.

Have you tried a launcher? A homebrew that organizes your games and can start them for you.

This is HexFlow on my PSTV (old)
643d4fccfa0088a92c71ca5af494f7ce.jpg

There is RetroFlow launcher (based on HexFlow)

The very simple and effective Vita Launcher.

So Database-Manager might not work at transferring layouts very well... I'll have to try it.

Kinghenry8515

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could try one of those micro-sd to usb devices for the other card.
Rough!

It does need to be 64 or smaller.

Have you tried a launcher? A homebrew that organizes your games and can start them for you.

This is HexFlow on my PSTV (old)
643d4fccfa0088a92c71ca5af494f7ce.jpg

There is RetroFlow launcher (based on HexFlow)

The very simple and effective Vita Launcher.

So Database-Manager might not work at transferring layouts very well... I'll have to try it.

Wow-How have I never seen this? lol

RetroFlow is really sleek. If this works out (which I should know in a few minutes) I'm going to transfer my PSP and PSX games and give it a go tonight! I like it way better than the bubbles.

Thank you so much

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow-How have I never seen this? lol

A few more pstv disclaimers to be prepared for ...

It's totally a hobby device and takes up your time sometimes just setting it up. It can totally get frustrating. I'd back up your saves from time to time.

You already know about the blacklist - but some vita games just crash/don't work right without the gyroscope, camera, mic, touch sensors.

PS4 remote play isn't great unless you are Ethernet wired to a router that is Ethernet wired to the PS4 (direct Ethernet might work too?). WiFi is ok for RPGs... Wired is pretty good though if you are ok with 720p.

The bubbles "sproing" out of aligent from time to time (it may just be a vita cartridge door SD2Vita issue). I think Database-Manager was to solve that issue... I do commonly hear the complaint of the bubbles disorganizing with an unannounced database rebuild - especially with larger builds.

You need a genuine Dualshock 3 or sixaxis and a working mini USB to USB-A sometimes if you have a truly critical pstv issue.

The USB in the back is 2.0 and supplies less than 500ma at 5v. If you want to use a hard drive for game storage, you will need a powered usb hub compatible with USB 2.0.

Lots and lots of installed games means lag on the bubble screen. Some report crashes on really really large builds.

Last edited by Anderxale,

Kinghenry8515

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few more pstv disclaimers to be prepared for ...

It's totally a hobby device and takes up your time sometimes just setting it up. It can totally get frustrating. I'd back up your saves from time to time.

You already know about the blacklist - but some vita games just crash/don't work right without the gyroscope, camera, mic, touch sensors.

PS4 remote play isn't great unless you are Ethernet wired to a router that is Ethernet wired to the PS4 (direct Ethernet might work too?). WiFi is ok for RPGs... Wired is pretty good though if you are ok with 720p.

The bubbles "sproing" out of aligent from time to time (it may just be a vita cartridge door SD2Vita issue). I think Database-Manager was to solve that issue... I do commonly hear the complaint of the bubbles disorganizing with an unannounced database rebuild - especially with larger builds.

You need a genuine Dualshock 3 or sixaxis and a working mini USB to USB-A sometimes if you have a truly critical pstv issue.

The USB in the back is 2.0 and supplies less than 500ma at 5v. If you want to use a hard drive for game storage, you will need a powered usb hub compatible with USB 2.0.

Lots and lots of installed games means lag on the bubble screen. Some report crashes on really really large builds.

Man, this thread has been extremely helpful. I am not the type of person who ask a ton of questions without trying to do some researching first--however the internet is flooded with information, some good, some bad, some outdated, ect. Thank you.

Blacklist-Good to know

PS4 Remote Play-Thankfully I have no intention of using this

Bubbles-Hopefully I can get this retroflow working and I will only have Vita bubbles (I'm going to condense this to 50 or so hopefully)

Controller-I am using a ps4 controller

USB-Thanks for the info, I have considered it, but pray I never need it!

Lag-this, I am used to it, lol. Whenever I mod something I stuff it with as many games as I can.....I accept it!

Again, thanks for the added insight!

Kinghenry8515

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay! Final update. And some things I have learned should anyone ever read this.

Retroflow is up and running, I decided to use it only for psx, psp, and vita games. For retro I have crazy macs mega build.

Thoughts--

I ended up doing a FULL FORMAT of my SD card, not quick format, bc I was noticing after a few quick formats some 'ghost' files were sticking around--I was worried there were some files possibly causing errors somewhere.....

After the full format (and getting the SD2Vita set back up) I re-did EVERYTHING. Even the itls-enso patch, YAMT installer, ect. Sometimes I was just told the files already exist, but I made sure everything was there.

I downloaded and installed every skprx file that seemed relevant, even if they already existed, I downloaded them from a trusted site, added them to the ur0:tai folder and updated the ur0:/config.text

**I went into Settings/Henkaku Settings/refresh 'tai.config' (I never did this previously)

FOR PSX AND PSP games, as you suggested I moved over the ux0: pspemu folder to my new SD.

FOR VITA games I I moved over all the Vita games I had in ux0:app AND the files in ux0:license
**Vita games DID NOT display in the Live Area, or RetroFlow until I went into Vita shell and selected 'Refresh Live Area', after this and a re-start they all populated just fine, and run!

The PSP and PSX games showed right up in RetroFlow (I never got the live area bubbles back, and I don't care, RetroFlow is my future now!).

You DO NOT need to move appmeta if only transferring Vita from one card to another—I tried this a few times bc I thought it was kind of the same thing as the 'app' folder, and I was really just trying everything at one point...

Personally I like RetroFlow a lot, I followed the GitHub instructions. Now my Live Area has two icons, Retroarch and Retroflow, they run everything I need. (Vita bubbles are hidden a few pages below).

I did have to track down the 661.PBP file for retro_adrenaline to install--but that was easy enough, it was on my old SD card.

**In all, I can not say thank you enough. I am happy I built an account here, I have gotten so much information. The best part is through this I have learned so much about my Vita and PSTV. Now I am familiar with the programs, apps, folder structures, and have a basic idea of how to troubleshoot when things are acting up. Even though I have a modded Vita, everything had 'just worked' when I did it, and I never learned much. It was more just installing vpk's, and drag and dropping games/apps. I love RetroFlow, I am so happy you showed it to me.

Anyways! I'm sure I will talk to yall again, thanks for all the help!

Last edited by Kinghenry8515,
Reactions: Anderxale

Kinghenry8515

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, as someone who was learning I found this somewhere on the internet last night and it helped me alot, so I figured I would share it, I do not know the author....

It basically explains what each folder in the SD is for:

addcont >> Download Content eg. DLCs
app >> Downloaded PSN Games / APPs
appmeta >> "Bubble data" from vita applications for the live area
bgdl >> Download folder
book (if the ebook reader installed) >> cache/content of downloaded EBOOKs
cache >> cache of the applications eg. Skype
calendar >> calendar data
data >> empty ?
email >> provides the email data
license >> owned license data from the psn
mms >> database path for music videos and pictures
mtp >> pspmtp.db (encrypted)
music >> location of your own music
patch >> game/app patches
picture >> locations of your pictures splitted in two categories "ALL" and "camera" the sub folder looks a bit weird like 4f or dg
pspemu >> "psp memory stick" contains all PSP releveaded stuff eg PSOne Classics or PSP Games you can visit this this folder with a usermode exploit
SceIoTrash >> the temp trash folder
theme >> contains the data from themes
user >> the dir from the user on you ps vita contains savedata and trophy data
video >> location from you own videos same weird folders
iconlayout.ini >> contains the GAME ID from all installed applications (PSP/PSOne/PSN/Vita Games) eg. "PCSF00150=00000002 00000001"
id.dat >> contains MID= DID= DIG= AID=Your Account ID SVR=03350000 << Your Firmware OID=Riikka_Takanashi << Your PSN Name

Reactions: Anderxale

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SnowStormAkikaze @ SnowStormAkikaze: Hey :) If I book mark the topic where can I read them?