Transfer PSTV games to Vita 2000 SD2Vita

A couple of years ago I hacked my PSTV that was on FW 3.60. I use a USB as storage and use the plugin to spoof higher FW for games that need it. I've just about got every game on it I want and things set up the way I like. I would like to dust off my Vita 2000, put CFW on it using the current web browser method and then transfer everything that I have installed on my PSTV's USB drive over to the SD2Vita card. Is this possible? I searched the forums and didn't see any instructions. I remember having to install an image onto the usb drive with the old cfw method so I don't know if that will effect what I am trying to do.

I'm hoping I can do this. Transferring the files from the USB drive to the sd card would be a lot faster than redownloading all the games on the vita using PKGj and trying to find the old retroarch package I installed on the USB back then.

Thanks.

Reactions: Hmed

zetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Simply transferring the games from PSTV to PSV will get you nowhere, i suppose, since they won't be installed.
You'll only have the data at hand, but not the files' entries in the registry (app.db and act.db).

Things would be different if these systems actually allowed the user to transfer all the data from one device to another, like it can be done on PS4 or most mobile phones (by using accounts, for example).

Not sure if placing the current .db files in your Vita's ur0 would suffice, though.

Reactions: Hmed and form4li7y

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
I mean NPS downloaded games have to be transfered to the app folder and then use the refresh livearea setting in vitashell in order to make them appear so try that. Copy all games from the app folder to the app folder on your second vita and refresh the livearea. I don't remember if saves are in the folder in the app or if separate since I don't have my vita anymore
Edit: Try it with 1 game and see if it works, that way you can also see if the save file is there or not (that way if it doesn't work you wouldn't have spent so much time for nothing)

Reactions: form4li7y

form4li7y

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean NPS downloaded games have to be transfered to the app folder and then use the refresh livearea setting in vitashell in order to make them appear so try that. Copy all games from the app folder to the app folder on your second vita and refresh the livearea. I don't remember if saves are in the folder in the app or if separate since I don't have my vita anymore
Edit: Try it with 1 game and see if it works, that way you can also see if the save file is there or not (that way if it doesn't work you wouldn't have spent so much time for nothing)

Thanks for the reply, I'll keep that in mind. I'm going to check some other forums before I try anything. If I come up with clear instructions or if I try your recommendation I'll update my post with the results incase anyone else is trying to do this.

If anyone else has info about this please leave a reply.

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Huh? Don't you have the same SEN account on both devices? Just use CMA to transfer games and saves.
I am using that for my PSTV/PSV/PSV2k. Backup to pc first and restore on target device.

nothing-to-see-here

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The app.db from the pstv won't work on the vita. It will rebuild the database, which will happen anyway. That rebuilds the app.db. easiest way is just to delete the id.dat. as long as the account is the same, that's all you need to do to use the same card.

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
this works, i've done this before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: it was also the only game I played