krazyasif786

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi and thanks for viewing ...

I'm fairly new to the Vita Modding scene but enjoying the journey and looking forward to share my knowledge of the system

What I am a little stuck on is the best way to Back Up the PS Vita? Would like your help with best practices or recommendations when it comes to backing up the Modded PS Vita.

Mines getting filled up quite a lot now and don't want to lose any data? I've got the SDV2 Adapter with 512GB and almost 200GB left to fill.

Main things I'd like to back up are:
* PKGj VPKs? Is there a way to download them? They must be saved somewhere on the file system as VPKs? Or are they not?
* Also saved game data from PS Vita games via PKGj - is there a way to save the data to the PC?
* Saved game data from Emulators (Adrenaline, MGBa and Daedalusx64) - Adrenaline I have PSP ISOs and Eboots etc backed up on my PC) How would I save the saved data from the emulators in case the system goes kapoot?

Also its took a long time to download all my games especially ones via PKGj is there any way I can back up data so that it can easily be re-added on or is it/would it just be a case of slowly downloading all the files again should the inevitable happen and the Vita or the Memory card dies?

Any recommendations and best practices anyone wishes to share when it comes to Backing up the Modded PS Vita will be more than welcome

Thank you for looking and thanks for any contributions to this thread!

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no NAND backup for the vita, so only things you can really do is backup the data of your ux0 if you want a backup of that, as for other stuffs. You can also use vitabackup to backup some important files like user and hardware ID, activation data.

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
backup vita henkaku system is not so easy and helpfull. I remember a toll with the name qcmavita ? but anyway just stay on 3.60 and you can fix most problems very fast. the same like hayato say, not really possible.

but to your other question about backup save files and game data files emulators etc.. , this is easy, just use filezilla ftp connect to your PC and copy all files that you want. with filezilla you can copy everything !
download your stuff first on your PC and than copy to your vita and not reverse, when you still learn. there are also tons of updates for each homebrew, so its not clever to download full data packs directly on the vita, do it on your own.

Reactions: Hayato213

krazyasif786

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is no NAND backup for the vita, so only things you can really do is backup the data of your ux0 if you want a backup of that, as for other stuffs. You can also use vitabackup to backup some important files like user and hardware ID, activation data.
backup vita henkaku system is not so easy and helpfull. I remember a toll with the name qcmavita ? but anyway just stay on 3.60 and you can fix most problems very fast. the same like hayato say, not really possible.

but to your other question about backup save files and game data files emulators etc.. , this is easy, just use filezilla ftp connect to your PC and copy all files that you want. with filezilla you can copy everything !
download your stuff first on your PC and than copy to your vita and not reverse, when you still learn. there are also tons of updates for each homebrew, so its not clever to download full data packs directly on the vita, do it on your own.

Thanks for your replies.

I use Filezilla too and find it very good to use.

What files would I want to save/ back up?

OK thinking about it would I need to save the whole of UXO? which is the SD Mount? Or would there just be some specific folders that would be worth saving? The whole UXO would be like 300GB of data and would take ages to download via FileZilla as it only transfers at 2.2mb unless I am doing something wrong?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your replies.

I use Filezilla too and find it very good to use.

What files would I want to save/ back up?

OK thinking about it would I need to save the whole of UXO? which is the SD Mount? Or would there just be some specific folders that would be worth saving? The whole UXO would be like 300GB of data and would take ages to download via FileZilla as it only transfers at 2.2mb unless I am doing something wrong?

use vitashell mount usb ux0 feature.

Reactions: krazyasif786

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto