Pikachu returns, but Ash doesn't, in the new Pokemon anime series

Ash and Pikachu have been retired as the protagonists of the Pokemon anime series, but life goes on, with the introduction of a pair of new stars. Liko and Roy have been revealed as the new heroes of the show, accompanied by the Paldea region starters of Quaxly, Sprigatito, and Fuecoco. That's not all, though, because there will be a third person accompanying the duo on their journey: Professor Friede, and his partner, Captain Pikachu. While the anime is trying to spice things up, the official Pokemon mascot will still be a part of the main cast, even if it's a different Pikachu, now sporting a hat to differentiate itself from the animated Pikachu we all know and love.

The new Pokemon animated series will begin airing on April 14th in Japan, and will presumably hit the west not too long after.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Let me guess... this one won't want to evolve either?
A shame, (OG) Raichu is much more badass.
Yeah I was always partial to Raichu myself, but it's no surprise they want to keep the IP's primary mascot represented. Would be a nice middle ground if the protagonist caught a second Pikachu which is eager to evolve.

krakenx

Trophies
XP
Country
Girl with mysterious danglies and boy with mysterious balls.
Featuring a new Pikachu who is a completely different and new and unique character, not just the old PIkachu with a silly hat.

Will anyone be surprised if they are joined by a Pokemon trainer called "Osh Ketchup", completely original character, do not steal.

View attachment 357288

You can tell it's not Ash because he has a totally different hat.

Detective Pikachu was a different Pikachu than the one that follows Ash as well. A hat was also how they differentiated that one.

Missing Number

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
rather they give pikachu an evo. make it a special evo like ash greninja. like their bond is so blahblahblah..... ashkachu!
if they have a new pika in this one, i'd like to see them evolve it, some new regional or something. or introduce demi-evolutions where they fail to fully evolve and its a blend between pika and rai

but what i'd really like to see is a revelation that the whole thing was in ash's head. the whole adventure really did take 30 years and he was just seeing himself as a kid the whole time. every encounter with a new rival or friend, they were either also old, or some weird kid who took pity on this man-child. and pikachu is a ghost-type cuz he died a long time ago.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lol, are you serious?
Can you just please, not, newbie :tpi:

lol, are you serious?

Pretty pathetic when a person with 6000+ posts think they're better than someone with 1. You're not as special as you think you are. Your post count here or elsewhere means absolutely nothing,

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sooner or later, it had to happen. Honestly, couldn't they have introduced a new character all those years ago already?
Ash Ketchum, is Satoshi tajiris self insert. Just like Bella in twilight is the author's self insert character.

Tajiri's ego wouldn't allow him to walk away from the property, in the same vein as how hideo kojima had to be forced to leave metal gear by being fired.

I fully expected, in the case of Tajiri, that there would have to be multiple restraining orders filed before he'd leave the animation studio alone long enough to kick him off the show. He's that insufferable.

Reactions: aoikurayami

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...