After 25 years, the Pokemon anime is moving on from Ash Ketchum and introducing a new protagonist

saddasadsdzsa.png

After 1,200 episodes, 25 years, nine Pokemon League challenges, and countless memorable moments, Ash Ketchum has become the very best, like no one ever was. Now that he and Pikachu have finally won, the Pokemon anime is moving on from the iconic duo, and introducing a new cast, set in the Paldea region. The Pokemon Twitter account made the reveal, by announcing that next month will be the end of Ash and Pikachu's journey, and that the anime will continue on with two new protagonists, with a debut set for sometime in 2023.

The announcement also highlighted some of Ash's best or most memorable scenes, so that begs the question, for those that have watched the anime, be it the first few seasons, or kept up with the series loyally, what is your favorite Pokemon anime moment?

:arrow: Source

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we need a Pokemon anime along the lines of the PAS (Pokemon Adventures Special) Manga using the Game characters and following game plot better with a spin to it maybe 2 animes one with a darker plot gen 1'ers will probably love it) hell after DP my fanfics became more in tune with the games, guess dreams come true after all just like ash's and just like mine adios twerp
Post automatically merged:

Haven't kept with the series for 18 years, if Ash is the very best, like no one ever was, can his Pikachu just vaporize legendaries by merely poking them now?
no but he used one in Alola (Solgaleo against the fight with mother beast lusamine) it wasn't his just befriended oh yeah he had 2 caught i nearly forgot about bein Melmetal and Naganedel (the only UB he kept) I don't count the other UB's he caught cause they were instantly released back to ultraspace

Last edited by chrisrlink,

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They refererenced the fact that Pikachu could evolve in the show. Having a moment of Pikachu dodging a thunder stone.
I still remember in the very first season, ash offered a thunderstone to pikachu so they could defeat Lt. Surge
Pikachu declined

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still remember in the very first season, ash offered a thunderstone to pikachu so they could defeat Lt. Surge
Pikachu declined
pikachu's like FUCK THAT SHIT. i am not going turn into a FAT FUCK who less loved. (raichu is one of my fav's even the 7th gen evolation where is surf's on it's tail)

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Like, I would love it if the Ash make an appearance in the new series though but older and being known as champion Ash.

I mean goosebumps moment would be if they referred to him as "The champion" only revealing that it's an older Ash in the final showdown.

Would also love if he uses Pikachu, Charizard and Greninja (+3 more)
Those are the three Pokemon that I associate with Ash.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazing news, but after the Orange League the anime fell off from the radar of my interest. The 90's/2000 Ash was different and died along time ago lol (Boomer speech):rolleyes:. Tho I have to wonder if the new pkmn will spice things up out of the "For kids" treatment

KeeperCP1

"What, why, where, who?" is my middle name
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if it's a reboot then i will murder everybody at nintendo and game freak
(This is a joke because everybody hates reboots for some reason)

DolphinPussy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ash is the poster child for a Pokemon Trainer, no way this is going to go over well with its audience, he is THE defacto face of Pokemon right next to Pikachu. I'm more inclined to believe they want ash to age more, so they'll be willing to sabotage the brand and "bring him back" older as a "sorry" and roaring applause. Nostalgia + fanservice is a powerful weapon, this will just damage the brand if not so.

You have to have some sort of classic pokemon "hook" like Misty, Brock or gary in order to allow any sort of familiarity for older people watching, I'd be more willing to worry less about where the brand+its profitability is headed if they allowed other classic trainers the screentime in regions Ash won't visit, it would also give said characters a greater sense of individuality as they'll no longer be seen as tied to Ash's point of view.

All in All, if Takeshi Shudo really wanted to retire Ash during his time directing the Anime, then he must be rolling in his grave with that decision being made now.

Xmortal

Other Nickname Legarad
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Ash is the poster child for a Pokemon Trainer, no way this is going to go over well with its audience, he is THE defacto face of Pokemon right next to Pikachu. I'm more inclined to believe they want ash to age more, so they'll be willing to sabotage the brand and "bring him back" older as a "sorry" and roaring applause. Nostalgia + fanservice is a powerful weapon, this will just damage the brand if not so.

You have to have some sort of classic pokemon "hook" like Misty, Brock or gary in order to allow any sort of familiarity for older people watching, I'd be more willing to worry less about where the brand+its profitability is headed if they allowed other classic trainers the screentime in regions Ash won't visit, it would also give said characters a greater sense of individuality as they'll no longer be seen as tied to Ash's point of view.

All in All, if Takeshi Shudo really wanted to retire Ash during his time directing the Anime, then he must be rolling in his grave with that decision being made now.

It is already confirmed that the new protagonist is a girl named Liko with her partner, a boy named Roy. So far, the only thing that is known is that Liko will have Sprigatito. Most likely not one of those new characters isn't related to Ash.

https://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pocketmonster2023/

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having never watched a single second of a single episode of this show, nor having played any of the games, I can only hope that this show does not go woke.

We do not need a gender-fluid non-binary Pokemon trainer. Please just let kids have one thing that you do not taint with your social justice bigotry.

Reactions: Noctosphere

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guys guys guys...
Stop with your "they are gonna put non binaries characters" and your "this is gonna be a woke show"
Remember that this is a japanese show, not a 'rican show
Japanese are far from being woke afaik
Yes they might put gay or lesbian in their show, but if you exclude shows like ecchi and hentai, they very rarely focus on those trait in a character story

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol