After 25 years, the Pokemon anime is moving on from Ash Ketchum and introducing a new protagonist

saddasadsdzsa.png

After 1,200 episodes, 25 years, nine Pokemon League challenges, and countless memorable moments, Ash Ketchum has become the very best, like no one ever was. Now that he and Pikachu have finally won, the Pokemon anime is moving on from the iconic duo, and introducing a new cast, set in the Paldea region. The Pokemon Twitter account made the reveal, by announcing that next month will be the end of Ash and Pikachu's journey, and that the anime will continue on with two new protagonists, with a debut set for sometime in 2023.

The announcement also highlighted some of Ash's best or most memorable scenes, so that begs the question, for those that have watched the anime, be it the first few seasons, or kept up with the series loyally, what is your favorite Pokemon anime moment?

:arrow: Source

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I don't believe it for a second.
Ketchum is tajiri's self insert, and the guy UNDOUBTEDLY has an ego problem that he wouldn't even let Ash age, much less learn or get better up to this point.

One visit from him to the studio and the whole thing will undoubtedly reset; complete with ash insisting he's ten years old yet again.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
About time. The show got samey after the first couple of seasons. Hopefully, with this they'll also make some changes to the overall plot to make it more interesting.

Shiroyuuki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
Why the hell hasnt Pikachu evolved in 25 years???
Because it didn't want to? They have made this very obvious, from season 1. Pikachu did not want to evolve. The option was presented several times throughout the series, but Pikachu never wanted to.
Post automatically merged:

About time. The show got samey after the first couple of seasons. Hopefully, with this they'll also make some changes to the overall plot to make it more interesting.
It's going to be exactly the same, but now with new protagonists. That'll probably be the only difference.

Shiroyuuki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
Well I can see this going one of several ways.

That new series is a YouTube one (like the many they've done before)

The new series replaces the current series

The new series runs concurrently with the current series. One focusing on the game, one focusing on Ash's story.

While it's probably going to be the second one, the 3rd on is also an option. A lot of people were upset that galar didn't get it's own regional anime like every other series before it, so they could remedy that by having a seperate anime focusing on the new series and its region.

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Well I can see this going one of several ways.

That new series is a YouTube one (like the many they've done before)

The new series replaces the current series

The new series runs concurrently with the current series. One focusing on the game, one focusing on Ash's story.

While it's probably going to be the second one, the 3rd on is also an option. A lot of people were upset that galar didn't get it's own regional anime like every other series before it, so they could remedy that by having a seperate anime focusing on the new series and its region.
Only one series will remain. Ash is gone.

Reactions: VartioArtel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...