After 25 years, the Pokemon anime is moving on from Ash Ketchum and introducing a new protagonist

saddasadsdzsa.png

After 1,200 episodes, 25 years, nine Pokemon League challenges, and countless memorable moments, Ash Ketchum has become the very best, like no one ever was. Now that he and Pikachu have finally won, the Pokemon anime is moving on from the iconic duo, and introducing a new cast, set in the Paldea region. The Pokemon Twitter account made the reveal, by announcing that next month will be the end of Ash and Pikachu's journey, and that the anime will continue on with two new protagonists, with a debut set for sometime in 2023.

The announcement also highlighted some of Ash's best or most memorable scenes, so that begs the question, for those that have watched the anime, be it the first few seasons, or kept up with the series loyally, what is your favorite Pokemon anime moment?

:arrow: Source

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Can't believe I've been alive even before this anime began.
I still remember the whole "this show is satanic" situation and despite the religious rumors, it had crazy merchandising in mid 90's.

My favourite moment of the series must be the first season, when it was original and new. This should've ended with the MewTwo movie, the first one.

Something funny I just remembered, in the early 2000s, there was a radio show in my city called "La mano peluda" in which the host had phone calls with people calling and sharing extranormal situations/experiences.
When Pokemon took Mexico, that is getting more popular amongst youngsters, a lady called this show and said that a "demonic pikachu" was appearing in ger house after her kid watched the show. When she called this "demonic pikachu" appeared in front of her and tried to drag her kid. Then the host tried to do a supposed exorcism to repel the "demon pikachu" and my mom prohibited me from watching Pokemon because it was from the demon!

Wish this was a joke, but it's true and I'll see if I can find the audio of that particular call.

Last edited by JuanMena,

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Given the fact that many other animes have pulled off a main character swap, I'd say it's all in the execution. As far as nostalgia goes, I have more nostalgia for Red/Blue/Ethan/Silver given that those were the OG MCs, but I know there's gonna be a bunch of people that aren't going to be super welcoming to thr change.

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They wouldn't get rid of Jesse and James, though, would they?
That’s a good question. Swapping the main character is one thing but getting rid of equally iconic antagonists, that would basically make it a completely different show.
Post automatically merged:

I haven’t watched the anime since I was a kid but this feels really weird. I’m sad but it’s also more than that. Hard to explain.

• Sad
Reactions: PopcornSweetie

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't seen any episode after Gen 3 (it got same-y quickly)..
Why the hell hasnt Pikachu evolved in 25 years???
Because Pikachu is popular & likeable than Raichu, switching him might hurt sales of Pikachu related toys etc. Also it is a risky move in general, business-wise, since it's all about money they're happy just to keep him the way he is.

Reactions: DarkCoffe64

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...