After 25 years, the Pokemon anime is moving on from Ash Ketchum and introducing a new protagonist

saddasadsdzsa.png

After 1,200 episodes, 25 years, nine Pokemon League challenges, and countless memorable moments, Ash Ketchum has become the very best, like no one ever was. Now that he and Pikachu have finally won, the Pokemon anime is moving on from the iconic duo, and introducing a new cast, set in the Paldea region. The Pokemon Twitter account made the reveal, by announcing that next month will be the end of Ash and Pikachu's journey, and that the anime will continue on with two new protagonists, with a debut set for sometime in 2023.

The announcement also highlighted some of Ash's best or most memorable scenes, so that begs the question, for those that have watched the anime, be it the first few seasons, or kept up with the series loyally, what is your favorite Pokemon anime moment?

:arrow: Source

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crazy ash became a pokemon master without catching at least 1 legendary pokemon. Also the youngest pokemon master ever at 10 years old.

zeveroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There better be a time skip, I want ash to grow up already. :ninja:
I’d like to see him as the next professor or a old Pokémon master that teaches the new generation.
Why the hell hasnt Pikachu evolved in 25 years???
He’s being fed a candy that keeps him from realizing his full potential or maybe he eat too much lead. Lmao

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
finally damn, its about time to dump ash and goh...

maybe actually following the plot of the games instead of being random crap that was Pokemon journeys...

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I don't know absolutely anything about the cartoon show, but I played every game many times. If they want to go with a video game character my favorite is Marnie, she is an awesome character and sadly is locked on the worst game in the series. She deserves a chance to shine.

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I don't believe it for a second.
Ketchum is tajiri's self insert, and the guy UNDOUBTEDLY has an ego problem that he wouldn't even let Ash age, much less learn or get better up to this point.

One visit from him to the studio and the whole thing will undoubtedly reset; complete with ash insisting he's ten years old yet again.

Why the hell hasnt Pikachu evolved in 25 years???

There's a rumor going around that Tajiri has autism. While that has been up for debate for some time now, it wouldn't surprise me, considering how the series has been handled.

Can't believe I've been alive even before this anime began.
I still remember the whole "this show is satanic" situation and despite the religious rumors, it had crazy merchandising in mid 90's.

My favourite moment of the series must be the first season, when it was original and new. This should've ended with the MewTwo movie, the first one.

Something funny I just remembered, in the early 2000s, there was a radio show in my city called "La mano peluda" in which the host had phone calls with people calling and sharing extranormal situations/experiences.
When Pokemon took Mexico, that is getting more popular amongst youngsters, a lady called this show and said that a "demonic pikachu" was appearing in ger house after her kid watched the show. When she called this "demonic pikachu" appeared in front of her and tried to drag her kid. Then the host tried to do a supposed exorcism to repel the "demon pikachu" and my mom prohibited me from watching Pokemon because it was from the demon!

Wish this was a joke, but it's true and I'll see if I can find the audio of that particular call.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This show is satanic.
Remember Porygon episode?
Almost killed hundreads of kids in japan
For those believing me, google and see, it's actually true
Hundreads of kids had seizures when watching this episodes

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Remember Porygon episode?
Almost killed hundreads of kids in japan
For those believing me, google and see, it's actually true
Hundreads of kids had seizures when watching this episodes
Most of the Pokémon episodes in Japan had flashing lights, but in the West on the other hand the flashing was slowed down to reduce epilepsy.

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait... All this time and it's still been Ash!?

I guess I'd throw in the towel if I was in his situation.
Imagine getting in the game when there was only 150... That last gen was it for Old Ash

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait... All this time and it's still been Ash!?

I guess I'd throw in the towel if I was in his situation.
Imagine getting in the game when there was only 150... That last gen was it for Old Ash
Well, there are still a lot of fans from the beginning, still watching and playing Pokemon. So, I'm sure a lot of people can imagine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol