Phantasy Star Online 2 Delayed In The West Confirms Sega

GamerzHell9137

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
tjXmzx4.jpg
Phantasy Star Online 2’s release in North America has been delayed, Sega shared in a statement with Polygon today.

"Originally slated for an early 2013 launch, Sega can officially confirm that PS02 has been delayed," a Sega spokesperson told Polygon. "We don’t have any specifics but will update everyone as soon as there are more details to share."

Phantasy Star Online 2 is currently available in Japan on the PC and PlayStation Vita. Sega plan to release the PC version in the U.S. and Europe.

Source: Siliconera

Well,at least we are getting Ragnarok Online 2 :grog:

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Th-they aren't releasing it for the Vita in Anerica..?
There's no reason why they wouldn't release it in the west - loads of Phantasy Stars were, including the Online ones. Releasing the PC version only when they have the translation "ready to be copy-pasted" is seriously gimping the profits from the title.

The PSP got its Phantasy Star Universe games, I have no doubt that the PSVita will get its Phantasy Star Online 2.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well,at least we are getting Ragnarok Online 2 :grog:

RO2 is a pile of dogshit. They didn't even try.

As for PSO2...that sucks. Sorta. I can't play the Japanese version because I get DCed every few minutes for security reasons, despite having nothing to cause that. Sucks, it's a really fun game.
I'm tempted to get it on my vita (import) just to avoid the stupid security, but I can't remember my account now either >.>;;

ouch123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your emotes and your avatar are both faces of the same character. Not only that, in this post they are showing polar opposite facial expressions. It's like the one on the left just delivered the bad news to the one on the right and is delighting in his suffering.

Reactions: DaggerV

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
welp, at least we have a english patch for the story/menu for the JP version. Besides, from what I have heard(Not experienced, just heard, might want to take it with a grain of salt), Universe was treated pretty damn horribly in the West, literally dragging a year or two behind in content. If that happens with the western version, or if it launches with the exact same content the JP version launched with, I probably won't give it a try >>;

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
welp, at least we have a english patch for the story/menu for the JP version. Besides, from what I have heard(Not experienced, just heard, might want to take it with a grain of salt), Universe was treated pretty damn horribly in the West, literally dragging a year or two behind in content. If that happens with the western version, or if it launches with the exact same content the JP version launched with, I probably won't give it a try >>;

tatripp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish they would just make a remake of the first one with updated graphics and put it on ps3 so I can finally play online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...