Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League delayed again to February 2, 2024

capsule_616x353.jpg

Rocksteady Studios' next entry into the Batman: Arkham series, and Rocksteady's first expected release since 2016's Arkham VR, has been delayed yet again. Originally announced in August of 2020 with a planned release date of 2022, it was later delayed to May 2023. This newest delay pushes the launch back to February 2, 2024.

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League takes place in the same continuity as the Arkham series, and will task players with killing members of the Justice League who are being controlled by Brainiac. Harley Quinn, Deadshot, Captain Boomerang and King Shark will all be playable through four player online co-op, or players can tackle the game solo with the other characters being AI-controlled.

While players will be able to go solo, they will not be able to play offline. According to a new FAQ on the official website, a persistent internet connection will be required, even when playing alone. It also confirms that there will be free post-launch content in the form of new missions and characters, as well as a battle pass and microtransactions for cosmetic items.

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League will launch on February 2, 2024, for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via Steam and Epic Games Store.

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My only surprise is they waited a month to announce the delay after receiving backlash from fans after the latest gameplay reveal debacle.

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Too bad they just didn't make a Batman Beyond game.
Beyond is dope, but I've given up on any further tie-ins, and this current studio would've fucked that up anyway. A Batman Beyond game just after Arkham City and before (or perhaps instead of) Arkham Knight? That I think could've been really amazing. RIP what was left of Rocksteady.

Reactions: KingVamp

MariArch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bro they were really about to sell us a game that apparently needed a year extra for 70 dollars! Nah I’m not buying this shit anymore, that’s some scumbag corporate bullshit

Reactions: eternal

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't think it'll do anything against what people are mad about

It'll probably still be offline only, with battlepasses and microtransactions and a bunch of garbage loot.

Since it's a « nice » push to feb 2024 .... I could be wrong. I hope I am. But did they really had to release the gameplay footage to see that people would be mad ? Did they really thought that all those mechanics would fit ? Maybe they are THAT out of touch and really mean to rework all that. But realistically, I prefer to think the game just isn't finished and they figured it's better to delay the game instead of releasing it broken and suffer an even worse rep through the launch

Reactions: dudeguy2022

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They won't unfortunately. This delay is simply for fatigue, till everyone is so sick, they forget or forgive.

I won't buy it out of principle, I really hope all the usual kiddos who usually buy trash don't give in and reward Warner Bros.

Warner Bros REALLY have some terrible management, they'll blame everyone below, clearly. But the whole corporation is an absolute mess now.

Movies are disgusting and embarrassing, now they're doing the same in gaming space.

eternal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 0 hope for this game. The people who made Rocksteady great are all gone. They're nothing but a name now, like Bioware.
I thought you were talking about TMNT and you forgot Bebop lol, had to go google the studio 🤭🤫

• Haha
Reactions: Xzi

Kitocco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Captain Crunch must be seeing RECORD profits from this studio, whether the devs like it or not…

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol