Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League delayed again to February 2, 2024

capsule_616x353.jpg

Rocksteady Studios' next entry into the Batman: Arkham series, and Rocksteady's first expected release since 2016's Arkham VR, has been delayed yet again. Originally announced in August of 2020 with a planned release date of 2022, it was later delayed to May 2023. This newest delay pushes the launch back to February 2, 2024.

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League takes place in the same continuity as the Arkham series, and will task players with killing members of the Justice League who are being controlled by Brainiac. Harley Quinn, Deadshot, Captain Boomerang and King Shark will all be playable through four player online co-op, or players can tackle the game solo with the other characters being AI-controlled.

While players will be able to go solo, they will not be able to play offline. According to a new FAQ on the official website, a persistent internet connection will be required, even when playing alone. It also confirms that there will be free post-launch content in the form of new missions and characters, as well as a battle pass and microtransactions for cosmetic items.

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League will launch on February 2, 2024, for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via Steam and Epic Games Store.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Yet again, pirates will have a superior experience to those who pay. they really should stop incentivising piracy like this. hopefully they'll be able to pull it together and make an amazing game though. fingers crossed.
Every time a game gets delayed more than once, I make it my top priority to pirate it first, and pay for it when it's on a deep discount later. That way the devs get as ittle as possible, unless I buy it used... Then I doubt they get anything.

Reactions: osaka35

ZachFett

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I remember being somewhat interested when this was announced. Rocksteady making a third person shooter? It's been ages, but I loved their first game, Urban Chaos: Riot Response, it showed they could make a very good FPS, and since then I've always hoped after a few Batman games they'd maybe dabble with a shooter again.

Everything I've seen so far of this Suicide Squad game, however, shows that whoever was responsible for Urban Chaos: Riot Response left long, long ago, and I don't think another year of development is going to be enough time to turn it around. It looks like the live service aspect is too close to the core of the gameplay loop for it to be reversible without a multi-year delay.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rocksteady Studios' next entry into the Batman: Arkham series, and Rocksteady's first expected release since 2016's Arkham VR, has been delayed yet again. Originally announced in August of 2020 with a planned release date of 2022, it was later delayed to May 2023. This newest delay pushes the launch back to February 2, 2024.

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League takes place in the same continuity as the Arkham series, and will task players with killing members of the Justice League who are being controlled by Brainiac. Harley Quinn, Deadshot, Captain Boomerang and King Shark will all be playable through four player online co-op, or players can tackle the game solo with the other characters being AI-controlled.

While players will be able to go solo, they will not be able to play offline. According to a new FAQ on the official website, a persistent internet connection will be required, even when playing alone. It also confirms that there will be free post-launch content in the form of new missions and characters, as well as a battle pass and microtransactions for cosmetic items.

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League will launch on February 2, 2024, for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via Steam and Epic Games Store.

I mean seeing that an overwhelming majority of people really hated what was supposedly a nearly finished game. I can't be shocked. Curious how they will try and "fix" that issue.

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Modern game dev is all a big grift I'm convinced.

Either it's money laundering or all the developers are "in on" the delays.

"Oh no! We have to delay the game by 9 months! Sorry"

[Collects 9 more months of wages]

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are seeing the backlash against Redfall and don’t want to release a game at 30fps.
30fps, 60fps, doesn't matter, Redfall still looks like dog shit GAAS. The only time people cared about that Redfall, was when they thought it was a TES6 name leak. Redfall is going to be as well remembered as Deathloop.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
30fps, 60fps, doesn't matter, Redfall still looks like dog shit GAAS. The only time people cared about that Redfall, was when they thought it was a TES6 name leak. Redfall is going to be as well remembered as Deathloop.
More than likely. I’d rather just play Left 4 Dead 2…

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol