Persona 5 Announced for PS3 and PS4

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
FUCK YEAH!, though i wished they showed at least 1 screen. I'm interested in what graphics it's gonna have.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I simply do not understand why is it better to stream game aka basically playing game worse and pay for it instead of keeping that PS3 under TV set? Then again I don't understand people wanting re-releases either.

Because not everyone with a PS4 has a PS3 to play it with?

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sony makes tvs, cellphones, notebooks and whatever else... easy to see a nice market for games, and many people who wouldn't buy a console won't even care or notice lag.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YES, one of my favorite Japanime series coming to PS4! Here's hoping we get an opening as feel-good as P4G!

I don't. I hate it when openings show too much information. I can't remember which one it was, but when watching either the Persona 3 or Persona 4 opening, I could tell which characters were going to be playable. There was no room for "Oh, who is this mysterious young man(?) going around playing detective? Is he on our side?" Nope, I already knew who was playable, including him(?), and therefore also knew who was unplayable. If new characters are going to be staggered in throughout the story like in the Persona games, it would at least be nice to have it be a surprise. In a game like Zero Escape where the characters are all introduced at once (well, almost), it's a lot more tolerable.

Anywhoo, I'm really excited for the game. Depending on the version differences, I might just end up buying a PS4 exclusively for Persona 5. I absolutely loved 3 and 4, but since I'm not going to be able to use a computer this time around to make them look nice and fancy, a PS4 just might have to do. While I know a simultaneous worldwide release isn't going to happen, I hope they can at least do something similar to SMTIV and have the JP and US releases be less than 2 months apart, because I'm gonna have to turn off my internet to avoid any spoilers.

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I prefer p4 game and 1st series op1 :P heck even arena op was better than golden.

Still i'm hoping new one will be closer to p3 which had great mood and setting, p4 was great however mostly because it was newer and more polished.

InfoAddict

Trophies
XP
Country
Do you guys reckon the PS4 version will be that much better in graphics and FPS?

I'm getting the PS4 version for sure, but just curious on opinions. I think it will be same textures just 1080p and 60fps on PS4.

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I wonder if there'll be any difference at all.. not planning to buy ps4 for next few years so i might as well beat ps3 version and play ps4 version if it'll be superior in a couple of years again.

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Do you guys reckon the PS4 version will be that much better in graphics and FPS?

I'm getting the PS4 version for sure, but just curious on opinions. I think it will be same textures just 1080p and 60fps on PS4.

Maybe upscaled graphic from 720p to 1080p? And 60FPS. Can't think of anything more.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same thing with the PS2, Persona 4 was released when the PS3 was already out.

Also, it's pretty funny. Atlus sent out a warning from "Teddie" about spoiling the story of Arena Ultimax. (something about trapping you in your screen for eternity) and they are requesting all story mode videos on youtube to be taken down. Maybe something similar will happen for Persona 5 and will lessen the chance of some idiot putting a spoiler in a video thumbnail.

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same thing with the PS2, Persona 4 was released when the PS3 was already out.

Also, it's pretty funny. Atlus sent out a warning from "Teddie" about spoiling the story of Arena Ultimax. (something about trapping you in your screen for eternity) and they are requesting all story mode videos on youtube to be taken down. Maybe something similar will happen for Persona 5 and will lessen the chance of some idiot putting a spoiler in a video thumbnail.

If they truly want t prevent spoiler or what not they should release the game world wide on the same day. 10 years ago before the internet exploded it made sense because there was no way to see whether any of these game would gain a huge international following. However today it makes no sense there are million of hard core fans (I would argue more international fans than Japanese fans but thats for another time) that want to play these types of games but have to wait sometimes years before a publisher has the idea "oh people actually want to play this"(with clues less question marks all over there faces) I think Pokemon X and Y handled it the best releasing on the same day because before that people had to wait at least a year before it came over here.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they truly want t prevent spoiler or what not they should release the game world wide on the same day. 10 years ago before the internet exploded it made sense because there was no way to see whether any of these game would gain a huge international following. However today it makes no sense there are million of hard core fans (I would argue more international fans than Japanese fans but thats for another time) that want to play these types of games but have to wait sometimes years before a publisher has the idea "oh people actually want to play this"(with clues less question marks all over there faces) I think Pokemon X and Y handled it the best releasing on the same day because before that people had to wait at least a year before it came over here.

We all would want that, but it's not as easy as pressing a button and getting an instant translation and localization. Nobody writes a story in two languages at one time (Except Pokemon, but lol at Pokemon having a story.) They know that we want Persona over here, Atlus (North American branch) is pretty well-connected to their fans and they actually answer most questions that the fans have for them.

dariakyl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I think we can see the 5 protagonists (or at leasts their bodies) when he walks on the road at 0:39
In the center there's something that looks like a publicity screen and we can see five people. I think the one on the right kinda looks like the character we saw. Or the second from the right
Looks like there is one girl, second from the left. The middle character seems to wear a blue uniform while the others wear black ones. MC ?
Am I wrong ?

We can see the picture again on 1:09.

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think we can see the 5 protagonists (or at leasts their bodies) when he walks on the road at 0:39
In the center there's something that looks like a publicity screen and we can see five people. I think the one on the right kinda looks like the character we saw. Or the second from the right
Looks like there is one girl, second from the left. The middle character seems to wear a blue uniform while the others wear black ones. MC ?
Am I wrong ?

We can see the picture again on 1:09.

Are you sure that isn't like... an advertisement billboard? You should stop thinking about it too much at this point of time. :P Atlus will reveal more at a later point in time.

dariakyl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Are you sure that isn't like... an advertisement billboard? You should stop thinking about it too much at this point of time. :P Atlus will reveal more at a later point in time.
Well it's quite a weird advertisement then :P
The "pose" of the characters kinda makes me thing of old persona characters... And they are five, like the number of chairs :P
I can't sleep because of that trailer haha

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well it's quite a weird advertisement then :P
The "pose" of the characters kinda makes me thing of old persona characters... And they are five, like the number of chairs :P
I can't sleep because of that trailer haha

It seems just like an ad for suits to me. :P Nothing weird about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://youtu.be/heNQ-22Mqnk?si=B4bTa9MKZkRNCkxU