Homebrew PCSX ReARMed compatibility list

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I dont have lags in menu. Its slow when starting (Commands on bottom screen) and also when run games (commands on bottom screen).
Are you using official or nightlies? No matter which - try either another nighlies of the same version or try another official version I'd recommend. Otherwise I don't know how your problem can be solved...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

New Nintendo 3DS (Luma3DS config Enable L2 Cache and 800Mhz)

Hercules (EUR):
PCSX version 1.7.1
Disabled V-sync + Audio Sync
Playable : 50 - 60 FPS with audio issues

Croc Legend of Gobbos (EUR):
PCSX version 1.7.1
unplayable : 20-30 FPS
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (EUR):
PCSX version 1.7.1
unplayable : 30-35 FPS
Thanks! I'll add them to the compatibility list!

honyo29

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
How to setup this pcsx? Have the bios image and roms, have no idea where to put them. Ran the installed .cia and i'm lost. Where should i look for any instructions/manuals?

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
How to setup this pcsx? Have the bios image and roms, have no idea where to put them. Ran the installed .cia and i'm lost. Where should i look for any instructions/manuals?
After you've run the cia of PCSX, a folder has been created on the sd card called retroarch. You put the bios in retroarch-->cores--->system
As for the roms you can put them anywhere as you get to browse for them on your sd when you want to play one.

MrHuu

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
After you've run the cia of PCSX, a folder has been created on the sd card called retroarch. You put the bios in retroarch-->cores--->system
As for the roms you can put them anywhere as you get to browse for them on your sd when you want to play one.

This may be true if you use Pcsx-rearmed as a stand-alone emulator with RGUI. If you're using multiple cores or 'XMB' you HAVE to copy over the 'retroarch' folder included in the download.
The included retroarch folder contains assets needed by the 'XMB' gui, BIOS requirements and CRC info for each core and .core files for retroarch to know which (cia) core to load.

Reactions: ArviDroid

GoddessKozy

i'll fight sal9000
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stole Kllr's formatting (unless this is the one you wanted? I went through the thread last night but can't remember now).

Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (USA):
-PCSX version 1.7.1 (latest stable)
-Disabled V-sync + Audio Sync, Frameskip set to "1".
-.bin/.cue
-"Unplayable" - Game actually runs really well at around 60-70fps (40fps during voiced scenes+video cutscenes), however I dropped it after the second enemy encounter. The character boxes and health displays are white boxes and you can't tell how much you're damaging a demon. If you don't care about that or small graphical glitches whenever you enter/exit an area, by all means give it a shot! But for an RPG with a ton of random encounters like this, I personally can't continue.

Last edited by GoddessKozy, , Reason: added extra information
Reactions: ArviDroid

kllr007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
Castlevania Symphony of the Night (EUR) EBOOT.PBP:
-Disabled Audio Sync.
-.pbp
-Playable - Game actually runs really well at 60fps, no problem whatsoever, I was even able copy my savegame from PSVita and continue...

This is really great.

Isnt there a way to have shortcuts in homemenu for every game ? it will be more comfortable to just launch a game directly.

Last edited by kllr007,

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
-Disabled Audio Sync.
-.pbp
-Playable - Game actually runs really well at 60fps, no problem whatsoever, I was even able copy my savegame from PSVita and continue...

This is really great.

Isnt there a way to have shortcuts in homemenu for every game ? it will be more comfortable to just launch a game directly.
Thanks for the info! No, unfortunately nobody seems to have made a homemenu forwarder for PCSX. It's probably because of the poor performance of the emulator, making it not worth the time.

Last edited by ArviDroid,

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
-Disabled Audio Sync.
-.pbp

This is really great.

Btw how do you get it to run at 60fps? I've replicated what you've said but only get up to 45 fps...

kllr007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
using pbp file ?
I dont know, even using vsycn and have 60FPS...

Attachments

• IMG_20180303_215527.jpg
    IMG_20180303_215527.jpg
    303.7 KB · Views: 342

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
using pbp file ?
I dont know, even using vsycn and have 60FPS...
I used pbp as well. I've tried about everything so I have no idea what's wrong. The rom itself perhaps? I haven't found an EUR pbp yet. Maybe I'll have to convert it myself.

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
dont worry about it. So it was bad ROM ? I converted mine yourself too iso-->eboot.pbp
Oh, that apology was directed at another fellow to which I claimed that SotN on 60 fps would be nearly impossible, about 10 days ago (if that´s what you are referring to).

I tried converting one myself and while it worked, I saw no improvement. I used PSX2PSP for converting my .bin and EUR rom which I found on "that cool site". No idea what´s wrong though. I´d really like to play SotN on the 3DS!

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Can someone test Digimon Digital Card Battle? Honestly tempted to upgrade to a N3DS if the game plays well. Thanks
Just tried the game! It is playable, seen as this type of game doesn´t require full speed to be enjoyable. The fps varies depending on where you are in the game. It´s a bit tedious with the slowdowns though, so I don´t think it´s worth buying a new console or playing the game for that matter, when it plays like this. The fps ranges from 20-35 during gameplay, but it runs better than what the low fps makes it out to be. If you absolutely love the game and can overlook the slowndowns/ slower gameplay, then go for it.

kllr007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
Have you enabled l2 chache + 800mhz clock ? I set this in Luma configuration for everytime so maybe that's it ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm...