Gaming PC Gaming Quirks and Pet Peeves

Anunnymous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would have been better if it was obvious to everyone that the controller used xinput controls as a standard but gave users the ability to edit things as needed. I would have picked up one without any issue but there was nothing but confusion and most people gave it bad reviews which killed the controller for me.

On top of that, it was originally suppose to be modular. So if you wanted an actually thumbstick, swap it out for the touchpad and go. You want your buttons on the left instead of the right, just move them over. The modular capabilities made this a highly desirable controller for me but when I found out they dropped that, I completely lost interest.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Different button mapping for different games.
Inability to invert sticks.
Inability to increase stick sensitivity.

But that's all console.
What I hate most about PC gaming, especially older pc games which I mostly play is sometimes the horrible tedious tweaking in Win 98

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I think it is strange how so many PC ports run like crap. As an example: Final Fantasy 13.
I like that game a lot, I don't mind the linearity. I played it and almost beat it on PS3, but life happened and I had to take a big break. I want to finish it, but I rather start over from the beginning since I know I missed out on a few things and forgot a lot of the game. I have it on Steam. I thought "why not?" as I'm more at my computer than my PS3.
But It's unplayable. Controller doesn't work, and a lot of other issues. The same goes for Deadly Premonition, GTA 4, and so on... games that *should* work perfectly, but for some reason don't,

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On top of that, it was originally suppose to be modular. So if you wanted an actually thumbstick, swap it out for the touchpad and go. You want your buttons on the left instead of the right, just move them over. The modular capabilities made this a highly desirable controller for me but when I found out they dropped that, I completely lost interest.

OUCH! That would have been an awesome feature.

Kinda a steam rant but I want apps for Steam Big Picture. I know I drive most of you crazy with my Android love but a behind the scenes Android emulator for media apps would be lovely. As it stands I juggle between my Fire TV and my gaming PC but it would be nice to have it all on one box. At the very least, a Netflix for TV app. We all know that the Windows 10 Netflix app sucks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker