Could someone test me a theory? (Controlling a Switch via PC)

LordofMice

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi,
I'm a disabled gamer, actually immobilized, but love playing video games, especially platformer ones. I can't use any kind of physical controller except my PC mouse. But with plenty of assistive software, I can play nearly anything on my PC and also on PS5. However, I've always wondered if I could even play on a Switch, since there are so many good exclusive titles there too.
But I could control it only via my PC because I use on-screen keyboards for playing. (This is how I use my PS5 too. I'm new here and can't link a video but you can find me on YouTube if you're interested in how I'm able to do this. My channel is LordOfMice.)
I've been 'Googleing' for a while and found NXBT which looks promising for controlling the Switch. But without a Switch, I can't test whether it works with an on-screen keyboard.
So I was thinking, somebody who likes experimenting and has some spare time for this, would be willing to test it for me? I only want to know if it's possible to control the Switch with the Windows On-Screen Keyboard with a non-hacking method.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@hippy dave This is a good article. Thanks! I don't entirely understand how he's able to control the Switch yet but I'm gonna dig deeper.
Sounds like a specially designed firmware update for the 8bitdo controller lets it take instructions from the PC app and send them as normal controller input to the Switch.

Unless you mean the process of entering the inputs on the app. Maybe there's a video.

Reactions: LordofMice

LordofMice

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
@hippy dave I wonder if this could work with other software than Overjoyed... I mostly use Hot Virtual Keyboard and Alt Controller.
Post automatically merged:

I haven't tried it myself, but how about using a Switch emulator along with the on screen keyboard?
I'd rather look for a legal solution if it's possible. Nintendo is trying to terminate emulators anyway.

Last edited by LordofMice,
Reactions: hippy dave

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1