Hacking Pasta CFW - A CFW that allows unsigned CIA to be installed on Old and New 3DS! (required ninjhax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, sorry i think i'm taking the long way, now i have to go back to work but i'm gonna follow all your step, thanks again!
Stay here to help you I will explain you later what you have to do, why and what you CAN do. (And why I say "outdated")

Soxar

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have an Old 3DS 9.7, how can i install this cfw? I read about downgrade and stuff, i downloaded what i need but what can i actually do once i installed this CFW (like run games or just homebrews and stuff?)? And, since i've been reading about a lot of "names" (CIA, FBI, emunand, sysnand and stuff) i don't fully understand, can someone explain to me how can i do everything? Like a tutorial or something?

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an Old 3DS 9.7, how can i install this cfw? I read about downgrade and stuff, i downloaded what i need but what can i actually do once i installed this CFW (like run games or just homebrews and stuff?)? And, since i've been reading about a lot of "names" (CIA, FBI, emunand, sysnand and stuff) i don't fully understand, can someone explain to me how can i do everything? Like a tutorial or something?

Sorry, you're out of luck. This only works on firmwares 9.2 or lower. You cannot downgrade any firmware 9.3 or higher. The downgrade was use for 3DS that were above 4.5 but 9.2 or below.

Reactions: Margen67

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
but what can i actually do?

Nothing, with your current 9.7 console.

you could sell it, and hope to get a less up-to-date console elsewhere, or wait possibly 3 years for a new exploit to be found, passed around in private, and then eventually sold/put on pastebin.

djalmafreestyler

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The intructions for version 1.0 BETA 3 is this?

- unzip its contents to the root of the SD card of your N/O3DS.
- Startup your 3DS , boot Cubic Ninja, start PastaCFW.
- You should land on a start screen
- Press start to launch the CFW (or B to reboot without launching a custom firmware).
- Done !

Soxar

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry, you're out of luck. This only works on firmwares 9.2 or lower. You cannot downgrade any firmware 9.3 or higher. The downgrade was use for 3DS that were above 4.5 but 9.2 or below.
Nothing, with your current 9.7 console.

you could sell it, and hope to get a less up-to-date console elsewhere, or wait possibly 3 years for a new exploit to be found, passed around in private, and then eventually sold/put on pastebin.
Oh well, thanks anyway.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after the update I'm not able to spoof the firmware in CFW anymore...
I'm several pages behind again, but although I got stuck trying to load NTR the first time, I tried again from a fresh boot, immediately after launching pastaCFW, and it worked just fine. Also entered eshop, so I know the spoof is working...

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
1) Thank you but I play my 3DS on the train a lot and I don't use a carrying case or anything, it's kind of annoying having the Gateway card sticking out while the 3DS is in my pocket, and I don't want to completely remove it because it will get lost in my pockets. I just like carrying around as little as possible. If I could just leave the Gateway in there 24/7 without it affecting battery life it would not be an issue (I understand it has something to do with how Gateway talks to the CPU so I am not complaining or anything)

2) Zelda Four Swords Adventures :) Remember that the game isn't even available for sale.

You don't really need to take the red cart with you, just boot the 3DS and close the lid. This CFW, anyway, require Cubic Ninja, so it would be the same problem (you'll either have to boot it before, or take Cubic Ninja with you).

Well, GBA games have more than one good game, so if I had to choose between one of the two supported, I would choose GBA games for sure.

I wonder what the difference between gba and any other vc is. A header maybe? What does abg_firm look for? Could we just extract the rom and maybe a couple other assets from the gba and repackage them in a gbc vc for example?

Other VC games are just emulators. GBA VC aren't, they use the DS backward compatibility to run. People first though that the DS profile exploit was the reason they weren't working, but it seems it's not the case (as they also don't work on sysnand 9.x which use browser exploit).

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
2) Zelda Four Swords Adventures :) Remember that the game isn't even available for sale.
Four Swords Adventures is the NGC game, not the DSiWare one. :P
That's Four Swords Anniversary Edition, and yeah, I agree. We shouldn't be refused to be able to have that game since it is no longer available at the eShop and when it was, it was even given for free.

manteric

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Guys, I have a problem when trying to install BBM from FBI.
I booted the CFW correctly, but when I try to install BBM.cia, I get
Code:
Install failed!
Could not install app.
Raw Error: 0xc8e08001
Moduel: AM (0x20)
Level: Status (0x19)
Summary: Invalid argument (0x7)
Description: Unknown description (0x1)
I already did the title.db/import.db thing
I have the lastest Ninjhax and FBI.
I get that error even while trying to install some game .cias

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You don't really need to take the red cart with you, just boot the 3DS and close the lid. This CFW, anyway, require Cubic Ninja, so it would be the same problem (you'll either have to boot it before, or take Cubic Ninja with you).

Well, GBA games have more than one good game, so if I had to choose between one of the two supported, I would choose GBA games for sure.

Other VC games are just emulators. GBA VC aren't, they use the DS backward compatibility to run. People first though that the DS profile exploit was the reason they weren't working, but it seems it's not the case (as they also don't work on sysnand 9.x which use browser exploit).
I see. So there is no emulator. They're running natively in ds mode I'm assuming. So there has to be something that notifies the system that it is specifically a gba game as we can run unsigned ds. The theory that I'm getting at is that it should be possible to repack them so the system thinks it's something else, purhaps dsiware. That would bypass the gba firm altogether.

Kirbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do we do this part of the guide?
If you get an error when installing a CIA with FBI, remember to make a title.db file in your "Nintendo 3DS/id1/id2/dbs" folder, and go to software management to fix the issue, you will then be able to install CIAs with FBI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: might look for one on yt