Old school platformer coming to WiiU and 3DS through kickstarter

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Yeah, but something tells me they're putting all effort in it, I don't think Kaufman would be making the soundtrack to an indy game if he himself didn't think the game was any good, that's my guarantee at least.
In all likelihood, Mr. FoolyCooly missed the part where they said they built the game with gameplay in mind.

KTurbo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, a lot of you guys are really bashing this game...

yes but what will they actually do with that 15k :creep:
Based on what their video showed and the fact that they will use this money to quit their jobs to work full time on the game I think there shouldn't be any doubt. As a developer I can tell you that full time on a project you're really devoted is likely to succeed.

I also think the kickstarter page something about hire someone if the work load was too great too.

But I live in Sweden, US download codes don't work here, they must make a release for the EU eShop too and there's no word on that from what I've read.
There's a risk this could turn out being another US exclusive title like Cave Story+.
I didn't get an answer directly to my email, they put the question in their FAQ instead, and here it is:

We have plans to localize the game into EFIGS (English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish) and have it playable on consoles and handhelds from those regions. And with enough support from other regions, we can expand that even further! Our ultimate goal is get Shovel Knight in the hands of every human alive.

That means it will be available in Sweden.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't get an answer directly to my email, they put the question in their FAQ instead, and here it is:

That means it will be available in Sweden.

(Also, I am very sorry for the tripple post, won't happen again. I don't know how to remove a post or merge them, so...)
Great!
Use the edit function next time.

KTurbo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thing is I actually didn't think about it until it was too late. I was in a bit of a hurry. Let's just drop it.

I'm glad that they have high ambitions for this and will release it for every region.

If you are interested in helping to translate the game, feel free to contact us and maybe we can get even more languages into the initial release!
Eerpow, are you up for helping them with a Swedish translation? ;)

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Not that I think we ever would need one, but yeah sure haha.

Wow, they're more than halfway there and have 24 days left, looks like getting the funding won't be a problem.

jomaper

Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
It's a money grab. The stretch goals, and the main goal for that matter, is fucking ridiculous.

Totally agree.
Fuck you big fucking greedy company trying to steal from us. $75.000 for a random stupid game -programmed for 2 different consoles and the PC, with the chance to get it in the whole world and other awesome stuff-?! Wow you sure are some nasty people. These indie devs make me sick.
I'm sure it won't even work right, right? Like with every other indie game like...

Sim City?

Ok fuck it, I cant even be that ironic.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Totally agree.
Fuck you big fucking greedy company trying to steal from us. $75.000 for a random stupid game -programmed for 2 different consoles and the PC, with the chance to get it in the whole world and other awesome stuff-?! Wow you sure are some nasty people. These indie devs make me sick.
I'm sure it won't even work right, right? Like with every other indie game like...

Sim City?

Ok fuck it, I cant even be that ironic.
It's a money grab. The stretch goals, and the main goal for that matter, is fucking ridiculous.
It does seem a bit high, but regardless it looks like they can make it there.
A donation gives you an eShop download code, you have to remember that each download code costs them money that goes straight to Nintendo. Now that they have enough money for development they're entitled to earn a profit too given that they do a good job with the game which I don't doubt they will, the devs aren't entirely unknown as they're ex-Wayforward...ers. Funds will go to future eShop PC titles if everything goes well, they're barely starting up their company so they need the money they can grab.

$15 for a download code is still good.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A donation gives you an eShop download code, you have to remember that each download code costs them money that goes straight to Nintendo. Now that they have enough money for development they're entitled to earn a profit too given that they do a good job with the game which I don't doubt they will, the devs aren't entirely unknown as they're ex-Wayforward...ers. Funds will go to future eShop PC titles if everything goes well, they're barely starting up their company so they need the money they can grab.

Not sure how much of that was directed at me,but I was talking about the New Game + goal specifically.

Is the whole $15 going to Nintendo? Surely they would get some profit from it.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure how much of that was directed at me,but I was talking about the New Game + goal specifically.

Is whole $15 going to Nintendo? Surely they would get some profit from it.
I just quoted a bunch of people, I see that now don't worry.

And yeah, should have worded that better, of course it's a percentage that goes to Nintendo not the whole thing.

jomaper

Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan

My comment was full of irony. I'm 100% in favor of what these guys are doing. Threating them as a greedy company is just plain stupid.

Reactions: Eerpow

KTurbo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You must keep in mind that stretch goals are just there to keep people interested and to keep having a goal to reach for. It's not that the new game+ costs $25 000.

Reactions: jomaper

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
BIG NEWS GUYS!!
Manami Matsumae composer behind Mega Man 10 among many other titles said she'll be working on the soundtrack!

Plus Jake Kaufman will be holding a live composing event today. Will be interesting to see him work with famitracker using some additional sound channels, the Japanese versions of Castlevania 3 and Gimmick! sounds great because of it!

Reactions: jomaper

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried
    Alternator and battery
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob alot of fried parts. It was still smoking when I left.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I would've said show me how it rides
    I always wanted one of those Smart Cars with a Hyabusa motor in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm getting sick and tired of cheap ass baking pans now
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down ramps n drive it off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Used this one 5 times already impossible to clean
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need the $900 copper coated ones, they are good for 10 times cooking before they are un cleanable
    Condoms are only meant to be used once Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well damn that explains how you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I tried Cavier for the first time today. That shit is nasty. Don't get why people like it.
    Eh it's good with Vodka and crackers
    Gotta have the whole experience
    Drink enough vodka so you can barely taste it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on brand rich rich people spend like 500 a tin
    What I'm putting down is you gotta be trashed first lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like if psi fucked the fish the quality of the eggs will probably come out abnormal
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We had it spread on crackers, n I had Rum/Coke today. I like all fish and seafoods, but not that.
    Lol sorry Ken it was either the fish or your mom.... I picked the fish lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah still an abnormal egg came out
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob smelled the same anyways
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Prob smelled the same anyways +1