Hacking [OLD] Loadiine backup loader for WiiU 5.3.2 ONLY (NO 5.4 NO 5.5!)

olfa

Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
ok, solved it
files were server from subfolder on server
moved the file to root of the site and now it works !
strange

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

so I got a new WiiU 3 days ago (not for me but I got it now) and was lucky enough to have 5.3.2 on it. Cyan told me about this loader and this thread and it looks interessting. I didnt know there was a loader for the WiiU before. Great job on it golden45.

Well I took the source code (which is really nice coded and even got useful comments in it btw, thats not always the case on open source) and modified some of its stuff. Firstly i changed the optimization level to -Os for all the projects and changed all stuff the compiler should not optimize to use volatile pointers and so on.... That reduced the payload size by about 20% and the code is probably a little faster too but i doubt its noticable to any normal user. Well that gave me some freedom to do some changes on the loader. As I didnt really like the structure of the folders I changed that firstly. This is what I made:

/sd/wiiu/games/AnyGameName/4_ID.rpx (the 4 ID game RPX and also the RPL files)
/sd/wiiu/games/AnyGameName/content/ (here the game files go to)
/sd/wiiu/SAV/AnyGameName/c (automatically generated save folder)
/sd/wiiu/SAV/AnyGameName/u (automatically generated save folder)

I also changed the loader to create the whole SAV + folders structure on its own if needed. It seems all to work correctly but i didnt have much time to do excessive tests. It does not change anything on the compatibility as far as I can tell and its only for the structuring currently. Thats all I changed and I might change a few more stuff later.

If there are more like me not liking the default structure you can contact me and i will send you the payload or code, whatsoever.

I also wanted to ask golden45 if he needs any support on the development. I am already experienced on the whole Wii development from USB Loader GX (some might still know me) so i might be of some help. Just contact me here or on IRC of USB Loader GX if you could use some help.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
/sd/wiiu/games/AnyGameName/4_ID.rpx (the 4 ID game RPX and also the RPL files)
/sd/wiiu/games/AnyGameName/content/ (here the game files go to)
/sd/wiiu/SAV/AnyGameName/c (automatically generated save folder)
/sd/wiiu/SAV/AnyGameName/u (automatically generated save folder)
we discussed it, and thought it would be even easier to just copy /code/ and /content/ folders as is directly into the <AnyGameName> path.
no need to rename the RPX to ID4.rpx anymore.

go to "sd/wiiu/games/" and create a new folder here with your game name and copy "code" and "content" folder.
go to "sd/wiiu/saves/" (we changed the save folder name) and create the same folder name than your game here. no need to create "c" and "u" inside it.
no need to create the save folder at all, it's all done by the game !
Done !

Reactions: Maximilious

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we discussed it, and thought it would be even easier to just copy /code/ and /content/ folders as is directly into the <AnyGameName> path.
no need to rename the RPX to ID4.rpx anymore.

go to "sd/wiiu/games/" and create a new folder here with your game name and copy "code" and "content" folder.
go to "sd/wiiu/saves/" (we changed the save folder name) and create the same folder name than your game here. no need to create "c" and "u" inside it.
Done !

I like this a lot better. The folder naming convention doesn't bug me, but after seeing the layout it would be nice compared to how it used to be on the Wii folder structure.

Wurztha

Admìn MoFo :P
Trophies
XP
Country
"sd/wiiu/games/" and create a new folder here with your game name and copy "code" and "content" folder.

This would help keep things cleaner!

"sd/wiiu/saves/" (we changed the save folder name) and create the same folder name than your game here. no need to create "c" and "u" inside it.
Done !

Suggestion - Have Loadiine check if the save folder exists for the game booting, and if not auto create it.

Arif

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I would personally prefer having the save folder being created/stored inside the game folder. I don't know if that is possible but it would make backing up/swapping out games easier to manage.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Suggestion - Have Loadiine check if the save folder exists for the game booting, and if not auto create it.
it's already working like that on Dimok's version.
even the "save" folder is auto-created if you don't have it.

it creates the "save" the "game name you chose for your game" and the "c and u".
The save folders and all the required sub-folders are auto-created when you launch the game.

You need to create only the wiiu/games/<game title you want>/code and content. that's all.

I would personally prefer having the save folder being created/stored inside the game folder
it's possible yes.
we thought what would be best, but it will depend on each users.
We thought it would be easier to backup all saves at once by keeping them outside of the game folder.

like you said, swapping games might be easier if the save was in the game path too, but some users would prefer backing up all their saves at once.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's already working like that.

it creates the "save" the "game name you chose for your game" and the "c and u"

I don't think so because someone was getting errors in SM3D world with a folder named "save" instead of _SAV. Unless you're talking about new improvements/changes you guys are working on.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
that was on the v1.0, it needed "sd/_SAV/"

Dimok's version has it edited to use "sd/wiiu/saves/" now

I'll do some tests (I received SSBU today).
We just wanted to let users and especially Golden45 know that someone was working on it and changed things. We don't know what he did yet since release 1.0 and wouldn't want to go against his future idea. working together would be easier and better. I hope he will not be angry :P

Arif

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
it's already working like that.

it creates the "save" the "game name you chose for your game" and the "c and u"

it's possible yes.
we thought what would be best, but it will depend on each users.
We thought it would be easier to backup all saves at once by keeping them outside of the game folder.

like you said, swapping games might be easier if the save was in the game path too, but some users would prefer backing up all their saves at once.

I'm probably a minority in this case anyway. If you have a big enough card to keep a few games it shouldn't be that big of an issue.
When I was trying out a bunch of games to see what worked it got kind of cluttered when you have to delete three seperate folders for one game :)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
well, maybe "settings" will be possible on later date, like "choose where the save is located"
but don't get your hope too high for now, no settings are done at the moment. it's only ideas.

Arif

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
As someone who can't contribute anything to improve loadiine I don't have any hopes whatsover :)
If the compatibility could increase that would be nice but apart from that it works good enough.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anything, I could care less about features and would care more about getting online working, or reading for updates/DLC from the WiiU's NAND. But I know that's even further off. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...