Hacking Okay, wtf. Acekard 2 is randomly not retaining saves.

The_Office_owns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just saving things manually during the game. Then when I turn off and go back to it, the saves are gone. What's going on?

Is there a way to just save states?

fairlyevenparents

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
press start>System Options >(tab one)System Options

"Set file list type
This spinbox controls which file extensions are listed while browsing directories on your Acekard. Options are NDS, NDS + SAV, NDS/SAV/BAK, or ALL"

mine is on nds.sav. thats what i use and ive never had any problems after setting it to that

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
The Acekard2 using the offical firmware or AKAIO does not support saved states. Zuriel102 is referring to the save extension (e.g. game is ssf2a.nds and the save is either ssf2a.sav or ssf2a.nds.sav). The setting doesn't matter, but if you've recently gone from the offical firmware or have updated AKAIO 1.4 and are now using AKAIO 1.5.x, then the default game save extension has changed to .sav from .nds.sav. Select System Properties from the AKAIO start menu. Go to File List Type and under the Save Ext. you can select the file extension. This will apply to all games. If the save file doesn't have the correct extension, the game will make a new save file.

Have you recently purchased a new Acekard? What firmware are you using? Which games are you playing?

thephased

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this happen to me a few months ago with AKAIO 1.5. My New Super Mario save just wasn't there one day and a new .SAV had replaced it.

I haven't played my DSi much at all in the past month though so I haven't really tested to see if it keeps happening.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has happened to me with my RPG and I believe it is due to the card not sitting right in the slot when it is booted up with a save still held in the card's memory. For this reason I always boot up once after I'm done playing a game to make sure the save gets backed up right away (or at least before I take the card out of the slot). I like to think this keeps my saves safe...
ph34r.gif

The_Office_owns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Masked Ranger said:
Have you recently purchased a new Acekard? What firmware are you using? Which games are you playing?
Yes, AKAIO latest firmware and the problem is happening with every game I've tried so far.

For those who say it happened to them...how did you fix it?

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First thing I would do is format the microSD since it is happening every single time. Then put a freshly extracted AKAIO onto it.

If you still have problems then it could be:

That you have an original AK2 (not 2.1) which had a few bad batches

The media you are using -- a fast media is recommended

A bad connection of the AK2 in the DS slot (or less likely a bad connection of the microSD in the AK2). I have had to pad a few different flash carts with tape in order for them to get better contact because they were flaky.

The_Office_owns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update:

For some weird ass reason, I will randomly go into Mario 64 and the old save will be BACK. and then other times the save is totally gone. What the hell is this?

And Mario 64 is the ONLY one I've been able to get back at some point. Everything else is gone for good.

The_Office_owns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the guy at Real Hot Stuff gave me a weird suggestion...downgrade the firmware...and it worked. wtf is that. Is there something potentially negative about that?

thephased

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The_Office_owns said:
the guy at Real Hot Stuff gave me a weird suggestion...downgrade the firmware...and it worked. wtf is that. Is there something potentially negative about that?

probably not unless you have a DSi w/ 1.4U firmware like me. So downgrading is not an option for me. =/

that's good it worked for you though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo