Emulation Homebrew Pokemon White/White 2DSi Binaries missing after patch on Twilight Menu++

George_Battle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have clean roms of these two games and when put onto my DSi with Twilight Menu++, I can run then in DSi mode perfectly fine. However as soon as I apply any kind of patch, like a hack, such as Volt White/Volt White 2/Volt White 2 Redux, or use the pokemon randomizer, the roms no longer are able to run in DSi mode and state DSi binaries missing. I know that it still works and runs in DS mode but I've noticed that the game will lag and/or stutter during certain parts of the game where the original clean unmodified versions run perfectly. It's small issue and, I admit, the games still work, but I'd love to play these rom hacks/randomized games as if they were authentic carts on my DSi, it just feels so nostalgic like I'm playing these games for the first time on my DSi like I did Heartgold and White. It just kind of takes me out of the vibe and it kind of sucks. If there is no solution, I can manage I just pray that someone out there is a just as annoyed by this and way more knowledgeable about roms and homebrews and more intelligent who may have solved this already.

fetinah851

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can probably fix them with TinkeDSi

get a clean rom of your base unpatched game, open unpatched game in TinkeDSi. Then go to Game information at the top, and hit dump donor iheader (and optionally, dump animation data, for the icon animation)

open volt white in another TinkeDSi window, hit Game information again. this time hit Edit header and banner (bottom right), and you can Import donor header (and import animation data, if you wish)

this should import the dsi data from unpatched game to the rom hack and allow it to run in dsi mode again

it might be necessary to separately import arm7i and arm9i but I'm not sure, it seemed like importing donor iheader automatically added them but I also havent tested if those are the actual files, or if they are dummied out

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo