Hacking Oh Lawdy, got another PSP exploit!

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
These exploits might allow unsigned code, but they're pointless imo.... I mean Sony just simply blocks the exploits they're using in just a firmware release and also makes sure that they pull out the game before a lot of people get their hands on the exploitable game.
Well it lets you run PSP homebrew, so it's not entirely pointless. Imagine playing GBA games on that beautiful OLED screen!
Doesn't the emulated PSP environment kinda defeat the purpose of the OLED? ...or am I missing something? Probably the latter.
Uhh...it only has one screen, the OLED. It's not like it can emulate a LCD screen :rolleyes: lol.

So.. then playing a PSP game looks pretty nice then? I'm just going off of what I think. I'm not saying I'm right. o.O Just asking questions here.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
These exploits might allow unsigned code, but they're pointless imo.... I mean Sony just simply blocks the exploits they're using in just a firmware release and also makes sure that they pull out the game before a lot of people get their hands on the exploitable game.
Well it lets you run PSP homebrew, so it's not entirely pointless. Imagine playing GBA games on that beautiful OLED screen!
Doesn't the emulated PSP environment kinda defeat the purpose of the OLED? ...or am I missing something? Probably the latter.
Uhh...it only has one screen, the OLED. It's not like it can emulate a LCD screen :rolleyes: lol.

So.. then playing a PSP game looks pretty nice then? I'm just going off of what I think. I'm not saying I'm right. o.O Just asking questions here.
Yes, everything looks better with it. Screen types can greatly affect the quality of the image, hence why someone said (I think it was prowler) that some PSP game looked so much better because of the screen, and I have to agree.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Yes, everything looks better with it. Screen types can greatly affect the quality of the image, hence why someone said (I think it was prowler) that some PSP game looked so much better because of the screen, and I have to agree.

Oh. Ok. :) Then I retract my previous statement. xD

How much better is the Vita screen as compared to PSP 2000?

Not sure if mocking me, or completely serious. o.O

Reactions: 1 person

Un4tural

Trophies
XP
Country
Vita has a screen that sort of doesn't have anything wrong with it really... could use a bit more backlight, but screen itself is pretty much flawless :)

I don't really have any problems with psp1000 screen i got, mostly just the shadowing, it works great and all, just that Vita has a screen way way more clear and colors are much nicer...

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bilinear filtering.
prowler's right, the Vita has twice the resolution of the PSP, and it can either do bilinear filtering to smooth out the pixels or use what Sony calls "color space", which is supposed to give more accurate yet jaggy imaging.

Edit:
PSP resolution: 480 x 272
Vita resolution: 960 x 544

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Audiophiles are the usual scammers, its like promoting radioactive materials...