Hacking Oh Lawdy, got another PSP exploit!

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
or use what Sony calls "color space", which is supposed to give more accurate yet jaggy imaging.
color space enables the use of vitas -some technical shit here- colors or something, enabling it gives the game a more brighter feel, disabling it uses the colors of what the psp displays

Warlord698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, if you wanna up your chances of getting it before the PUBLIC release, you might wanna at least register on their forums. reasoning is explained here
http://wololo.net/wagic/2012/03/05/vhbl-for-motorstorm-how-the-release-really-happened-and-why-it-happened-that-way/

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be more clear, the DEFAULT setting for PSP upscaling is nearest neighbor (IE, display 4 identical pixels on the PSV for every 1 PSP pixel). You have to manually enable bilinear filtering which looks really good on 2D games, but is a horribly mixed bad on 3D games.

If you don't own a PSV but want to know what the scaling looks like... Boot up a PS1 game on a PS3 and try playing with and without bilinear filtering on that, that'll give you a general idea.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but is a horribly mixed bad on 3D games.
what

out of the '3d' games i have (persona 3, god eater, dissidia, the 3rd birthday) they all look amazing.

Bi-linear filtering the entire image is the equivalent of making an entire image slightly out of focus. It doesn't improve the image quality so much as it just hides imperfections by blurring them. Can this be an improvement? In 2D images almost always, in 3D games however it can be hit and miss. Even at it's best, however, it'll never be as good as properly rendering polygons at native Vita resolution.

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
that
so,
PS vita fw update 1.68+ coming soon?(by the end of may)
No, the game will get removed from the PSN and updated, same as the last 2 times.
So if you get the game before they remove it and Sony updates the Vita's firmware, the PSP homebrews still work?
thats the problem sony will force an update to ps vita in newer games and as the vita is not yet hacked you will be forced to upgrade in order to play newer games ,what is needed in reality a kernel access to psp emulator on ps vita so they can create a tool to bypass restrictions as what firmware a vita has etc .
from my point of view a cfw will be the best ,sony tries to create profit by propriety cards etc but if someone can get a loophole on the encryption bam custom firmware and kernel access at least for psp compatibility ...

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
that
so,
No, the game will get removed from the PSN and updated, same as the last 2 times.
So if you get the game before they remove it and Sony updates the Vita's firmware, the PSP homebrews still work?
thats the problem sony will force an update to ps vita in newer games and as the vita is not yet hacked you will be forced to upgrade in order to play newer games ,what is needed in reality a kernel access to psp emulator on ps vita so they can create a tool to bypass restrictions as what firmware a vita has etc .
from my point of view a cfw will be the best ,sony tries to create profit by propriety cards etc but if someone can get a loophole on the encryption bam custom firmware and kernel access at least for psp compatibility ...
So these game exploits are pointless cause Sony will fix it with the next firmware update :(
I'm glad that I still have my PSP...

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
that
so,
So these game exploits are pointless cause Sony will fix it with the next firmware update :(
I'm glad that I still have my PSP...
Pretty much yeah. Especially since the PSVita is quite new and potentially has new features coming out in the future, leaving the PSV on a certain firmware "just" for PSP homebrew is a pretty hard hit IMO considering the fact that a PSP is 100% exploited and costs about $50 with a memory card for the games. I'll just stick with my PSP 1004/PSP Go for PSP side and keep the PSVita updated (once I get the money for it...).

Reactions: 1 person

Warlord698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you must be finding that online, because everywhere local for me (games shops and pawn shops) still want about $100

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
you must be finding that online, because everywhere local for me (games shops and pawn shops) still want about $100
PSP-2004s and PSP-3004s are going for around 100$ (or possibly less) new. I don't know where you're looking for the consoles, but I'd suggest digging a while for a good deal. I got me a PSP Go (with a memory card) and PSP-1004 (with Pandora battery and memory card) for about 150€ inc. shipping. It's worth it :)

Warlord698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well granted I was looking for them a couple months before the vita and instant price drop came about LOL

was mainly just lookin to get a cheap easy homebrew system to tide me over till the Vita got hacked LOL

Supernova741

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I get it that one game can have an exploit, two maybe, but how many have there been know? 3, 4 or more? I would think they would at least keep a better eye on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You like it wrong
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I SAW A MEME UNDER THAT WITH THE CAPTION "How to kill covid" AND IT WAS FADED HAND SANITIZER INSTRUCTIONS SAYING "rub onto anus until cry" 💀😭
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Hello, my friend.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I lost an online friend today who i knew since 2021
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, I'm sorry to hear that.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, He said that my actitude was "cutty" and that our friendship wasnt going anywhere
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, You're not like that. I see you as a really kind individual.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds like you are better off than having a petty friend like that anyways. You win today.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, but both of us were fine yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ah well, at least you got us (sorry if this sounds like some cornball ass "power of friendship" stuff)
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kind of hyped about the new ally finally a portable with full m.2 support
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Kinda reminds me of a life lesson in the movie "Bronx Tale". Guy1 owes another, guy2 $10 and the guy2 keeps chasing guy1 around the city trying to get his money back, till someone tells him, "stop, you got off easy, its only $10. That guy will never bother you again or ask you for money again, so take it as a win."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guy1 will continue to talk shit about you constantly as well
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because he knows what he did
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Speaking of which, where is my $10 Ken? And I heard you been talking crap bout me to my wife. Punk.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You were standing right there when we were talking should've said something then
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking insurance gave me a migraine told me my dentist was in network now they're rejecting claims saying they aren't
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's what they do the best, pass the buck.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That's what they do the best, pass the buck.