cool.gif

NoSoulX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Playstation Portable aka PSP

Worldwide selling was started in September 2005 and till today has been sold over 37 million units.
Only problem at the beginning of the sells was the prize of the console, which was $100 more than Nintendo DS.
PSP was praised for its hardware and multimedia abilities. Via upgrading PSP has received more abilities, that can be
used in future for almost anything that is possible with the console. When PSPs code was cracked in June 15 2005, this allowed
running custom code and protected softwares. Sony has responded to this with upgraded software.

But thanks to this, PSP owners can make their own favorite themes to the PSP giving the console its own freshness. Homebrewn
software also brings it's own joys.

At the moment PSP most weakest points are probably:
  • Amount of games and the quality of them
  • PSP commerciality
  • Clear listing of homebrewn software for PSP

To clarify these points, I would like to mention that these are my own point-of-views.

The amount of games for PSP console has probably been caused by the so called "piracy" that would lower the game sellings and that of course makes companies cautious of
releasing games for a console that can be this easily cracked. *Allthough Sony is somewhat to blame also for poor game selection*
And now that PS3 has been released, Sony also announced that you can use PSP with PS3 via Wi-fi. This probably will cause some changes on PSP game offerings also, as the
console is compatible with the newest Sony console. It can be predicted at some reservation that in upcoming years PSPs publicity will rise from what it has been so far, only a whisper. While waiting we all can relax with some of the good games that have come for PSP.... *cough* FFCC *cough* 'Must be something in my throat'

But anyways, fingers crossed. 'Cause I'm expecting lot more of this little device.
yaypsp.gif

bobdigi84

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ninjamodz.com
XP
Country
United States
i have a question, i recently updated my psp with the newest cfw, and when i go to play Little Big Planet online it says i need a system update. Shouldnt it just work since i got the newest firmware, or am i supposed to do something else to go online in games?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
bobdigi84 said:
i have a question, i recently updated my psp with the newest cfw, and when i go to play Little Big Planet online it says i need a system update. Shouldnt it just work since i got the newest firmware, or am i supposed to do something else to go online in games?

You can't play PSN games on CFW...

Edit: also, (like most of the stickys) it needs to be updated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, FarCry 5 is an awesome game with multiple endings!