Gaming Official PLAYSTATION PORTABLE Discussion Thread

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Semi-OT: Isn't it pretty pointless to have an "official PSP thread" when there's an entire forum section dedicated to it? I'd understand it had there only been a single "other handhelds"-section like before, but...

(I'm assuming this thread was created to spout about a variety of PSP-related subjects that don't really deserve their own threads. This idea is flawed, given how there's IRC for that)

Agreed.

While, true to some degree. I'll try to group useful info on the first post to make things easier when people is looking for info. I have added a tutorial for Pandora just now and I'll be adding other tutorials on other methods and some other info.

DEF-

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Awesome thread, great info, and in time I guess there will be tons of more to read in the first post
wink.gif

imtony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Using the Pandora Battery and the Memory Stick
Simple enough, just connect the MS and the Battery (in that order) to any PSP and press X to install Custom Firmware 3.71 M-33C to any PSP. You can also install the official 3.71 but that wouldn't be smart would it?
Remember that the Pandora Battery turns on the PSP automagically and pops up a horrendous (but very friendly) black and white menu.
Can i update frmo 3.71 m-33C to 3.71 m33-4? and how?

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I hate that "Dude get your own" advertisement.
If that dude came up to me while I'm playing PSP, I'd hit him in the nuts with my PSP Phat until it becomes the thickness of slim.

Giangsta

Trophies
XP
Country
A fully charged Phat PSP capable of running homebrew apps. (It doesn't matter what custom firmware it currently has).

what if i dont have custom firmware? can i still use this guide?

HellShade

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1 gb = 1024 mb and most Cd roms are actually 650mb more or less in size, where the max amount of data that can be burned safely is 700mb. CDs can be overburned to 850mb.

so

(650*3)/1024 = 1.904296875 GB

Close enough.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Using the Pandora Battery and the Memory Stick
Simple enough, just connect the MS and the Battery (in that order) to any PSP and press X to install Custom Firmware 3.71 M-33C to any PSP. You can also install the official 3.71 but that wouldn't be smart would it?
Remember that the Pandora Battery turns on the PSP automagically and pops up a horrendous (but very friendly) black and white menu.
Can i update frmo 3.71 m-33C to 3.71 m33-4? and how?
Really easy, just go to www.dark-alex.org/, download ALL the patches for the 3.71 FW, copy the UPDATE folder in the PSP\GAME folder of the MS and install, do that for each one and that's it (or you can always read the Readme included).

The first post was added with some info on the 3.80 Custom FIrmware

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
I have trouble, my friends PSP gets a green light when I insert the battery.. but the screen remains black..

i did exactly like the guide in on first post said. except I added a UPDATE.PBP by the 3 firmware files because when I tried running pan3xx it said ERROR 0x8ca10002. so I copied the 150.PBP and renamed it to UPDATE.PBP

oh and the PSP we are trying to upgrade is a PSP slim. but the stuff does even run on my own PSP.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Elrinth said:
I have trouble, my friends PSP gets a green light when I insert the battery.. but the screen remains black..

i did exactly like the guide in on first post said. except I added a UPDATE.PBP by the 3 firmware files because when I tried running pan3xx it said ERROR 0x8ca10002. so I copied the 150.PBP and renamed it to UPDATE.PBP

oh and the PSP we are trying to upgrade is a PSP slim. but the stuff does even run on my own PSP.
Are you sure you've loaded Despertar del Cementerio v3 on the Magic Memory Stick?
The normal Pandora's Battery downgrader won't display anything.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
raulpica said:
Elrinth said:

Are you sure you've loaded Despertar del Cementerio v3 on the Magic Memory Stick?
The normal Pandora's Battery downgrader won't display anything.

what?

on my PSP it loads from the memorystick and i get shown the Pandora menues, but on his PSP slim it doesn't load any from the memorystick, tho we see the green lights n the screen turns bright then dark.

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
I like everything so far, minus "Dude get your own". Makes it feel like some kind of cheap ad in here. What, do you work for sony or something?

Also, homebrew/emulators are going to be a must here. I've personally spent 80% of my time with my psp in emulators.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both 3.9 links are down. I grabbed 3.90 CFW from dark-AleX's site, but as for OFW, -looks for it-

@_@;
Great thread though, quite helpful :3

It's PSP/GAME/UPDATE isn't it, not PSP/UPDATE? O.o;

Shyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the official eboots, google search "all update eboots" and it will turn up a thread on qj.net with mirrors for all the official updates.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
PuyoDead said:
I like everything so far, minus "Dude get your own". Makes it feel like some kind of cheap ad in here. What, do you work for sony or something?

Also, homebrew/emulators are going to be a must here. I've personally spent 80% of my time with my psp in emulators.

When the "Official Threads" were created they all had the lines from the current marketing campaigns of their time, like the 360's "Jump In" or the PS3's "Play B3yond".

Anyway, I just updated the from page, I uploaded a NEW TUTORIAL and fixed the layout. Hope you like it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm surprised, with your awesome gag reflexs you have B-)