OCDM - Mario Maker 3DS course manager

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by MarcusD, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Tarnadas

Tarnadas Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2016
    Germany
    Can you try again using the regular camera app? It should now think, that it downloads a jpeg image

2. KJ1

KJ1 Old Member

Nov 2, 2014
    India
    Sure, I will test it and let ya know! :)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

It says cannot load the image :(

@Tarnadas What happens is when we go to an image url, it displays the image on the upper screen and, there is a download image button on the lower screen..

3. Tarnadas

Tarnadas Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2016
    Germany
    Ok it looks like 3DS checks magic number of the file as well or it does any other check, that I don't have in mind, which means it is not possible to use the regular camera app.

I added Multidownload++ as a recommended way in the FAQ to download 3DS courses and reverted the Content-Type='image/jpeg' HTTP header.

4. KJ1

KJ1 Old Member

Nov 2, 2014
    India
    Oh okay, pretty bad, but, thanks for letting us know! :)

Last edited by KJ1, Aug 9, 2017
  5. Tarnadas

Tarnadas Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2016
    Germany
    You can now sort by last modified, upload date and star rating.
    And ofc you can star courses by just clicking at the star in the bottom left while being logged in

KJ1 likes this.
  6. Pakhitew-Island

Pakhitew-Island GBAtemp Regular

Apr 16, 2017
    Jamaica
    That's good! Also didnt realise you could star levels. Probably make that more known because otherwise searching by that rating is useless.

Any other search options planned? I'd like one to change it from constant scrolling to having all the courses separated by pages so you could potentially jump straight to the middle or end of the list.

7. KJ1

KJ1 Old Member

Nov 2, 2014
    India
    We can jump to the end by clicking the modified icon after sorting the levels, and, there will be an option in the future where we could sort the levels according to the Downloads! :) And, Tarnadas also said that there might be "comments" in the near future! ^_^

Also, there will be tags in the near future as well according to Tarnadas which is just awesome! :D

@MarcusD When Tarnadas's site will be implemented in the OCDM, will there be an option like where we could upload only the levels which are clear checked or we can upload any level? I guess the former one will be better, or not? ^_^

Pakhitew-Island likes this.
  8. Pakhitew-Island

Apr 16, 2017
    Jamaica
    That all sounds very exciting. I was gonn ask about tags but figured it'd not happen since a lot of the old levels would need to be retagged. WHihc I'd probably be willing to help with if I had the time.

KJ1 likes this.
  9. MarcusD
    OP

MarcusD nobody's hero

Oct 16, 2015
    Hungary
    a pixel between life and death
    I'm still reverse engineering how the format of the level completition data works... but yeah, other than that you'd need to complete the level before uploading it

Pakhitew-Island and KJ1 like this.
  10. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    is there any kind of noob guide on how to use this manager and the website?
    also, does this overwrite ones save, or just a part of the save for the maker?

11. KJ1

KJ1 Old Member

Nov 2, 2014
    India
    Awesome, good luck! :D Also, what's the progress in hardcoding Tarnadas's site in OCDM? Eagerly waiting for it to be implemented! ^_^

I can tell ya how to use it:-

1. Get the OCDM from OP
    2. Goto Tarnadas's site http://smmdb.ddns.net and download some courses you like, you can download either in Wii U format or in 3ds format, OCDM can import 'em both; To download the 3ds levels, sign in with google and go to profile and choose "3ds format", it will automatically download all levels in 3ds format.
    3. Put them on your SD Card and load up OCDM.
    4. If you are using a cartridge just make sure that it is inside the 3ds slot before opening OCDM.
    5. Go to Course list and import courses.

That's it! Also, if you want to import a level downloaded in Wii U format, you have to first import a 3ds level and then import Wii U levels (that is, you can't import a level downloaded in Wii U format to an empty slot), whereas you can import 3ds format levels directly.

Additionally you can use https://github.com/Pirater12/Multidownload/releases to directly download 3ds format levels on your 3ds by scanning QR Code.
    I hope it clears up the doubts! If you have any problems, let me know and I will tell ya! Cheers! :)

Last edited by KJ1, Aug 12, 2017
    dsionr4 and LeoIeiri like this.
  12. HujiDesune

HujiDesune Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2017
    China
    The app has crashed XD
    The error code is C880448D
    How to solve it?
    (Old 3DS)

13. MarcusD
    OP

MarcusD nobody's hero

Oct 16, 2015
    Hungary
    sorry, I'm catching up with stuff I have missed, I'll commit in a few minutes/an hour

I have a suspicion that the Chinese Mario Maker has a different TitleID and ExtDataID. can you please tell me those 2 numbers? the only way I can add support for it is if you tell me

14. Pakhitew-Island

Apr 16, 2017
    Jamaica
    I'm assuming Tarnadas actually fixed the levels so all mystery mushrooms remain as mystery mushrooms?

15. HujiDesune

HujiDesune Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2017
    China
    I use the American version.
    The Chinese version is based on the 1.02 Edition Update of the Japanese version, and there is no separate title.
    Thanks

Last edited by HujiDesune, Aug 13, 2017
  16. MarcusD
    OP

MarcusD nobody's hero

Oct 16, 2015
    Hungary
    in that case the error means "cartridge is not inserted"

HujiDesune likes this.
  17. HujiDesune

HujiDesune Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2017
    China
    Thx
    But how to solve the problem?
    My game is downloadable from eshop,and there is no cassette, how to use this software?
    Or...... Please provide an old version of the download url!
    Thx

18. THYPLEX

THYPLEX GBAtemp Regular

May 20, 2017
    Italy
    Rome
    Maybe you could dump and install the game in your 3ds ?

19. Tarnadas

Tarnadas Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2016
    Germany
    Actually I forgot about that, but I reverted that change and they should now be fine.

KJ1 likes this.
  20. MarcusD
    OP

MarcusD nobody's hero

Oct 16, 2015
    Hungary
    in that case can you please give me the TitleID(s) and the ExtDataID(s) you have of Mario Maker on your system? that would help to find the problem