OCDM - Mario Maker 3DS course manager

OCDM stands for Online Course Database Manager

Features*:
  • import and export courses, both** 3DS and WiiU
  • cryptofix saves (if the game marked your save as "corrupted")
    • Note: this will overwrite the LockoutID in your courses, not in the save file, so please be fair and don't reupload others' courses :)
  • make/apply save snapshots (exports all files which are used in the save)
    • Note: please format your save data before restoring your save otherwise the game could mark your save as "corrupted", and this one is not cryptofixable
  • browse SMMDB
    • download courses
    • discontinued

*: these features are in the latest build at the time of editing this post, so functionality in the public build could differ
**: due to differences in the 3DS and the WiiU version, importing a converted course file on a foreign platform could crash the game on loading the course

bf9dd7f81f.jpg

dfa53dcd86.jpg

82f4e899ed.jpg

2d84f7a0f6.jpg

9f7d574fee.png

fd529e16c1.png

3e10674a00.png

fd5ea7441e.png

d593f2b5ff.png

f4b4b4fcf4.jpg

[Download] (not supported anymore)​

Last edited by Sono,

flanter21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Sono Do you have the source code for the the latest version of OCDM. I looked on github but I can only find that for v0.4 and the latest seems to be v0.6. Is there also a changelog?

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
@Sono Do you have the source code for the the latest version of OCDM. I looked on github but I can only find that for v0.4 and the latest seems to be v0.6. Is there also a changelog?

I still have the source code, but it's not public.

There is a changelog *somewhere*, but I'll have to dig it up.

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I find this too late...

You can still download them manually and transfer the levels to the 3DS SDCard.

Actually, I think SMMDB integration *might* still work if they didn't enforce TLSv2.0 requirement (3DS only supports TLSv1.1 in sysmodules, only the web browser supports TLSv2.0 by bypassing the SSL sysmodule and doing networking manually) then it would most likely still work.

No, sadly adding TLSv2.0 support is absolutely not trivial.

baby_gakuin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You can still download them manually and transfer the levels to the 3DS SDCard.

Actually, I think SMMDB integration *might* still work if they didn't enforce TLSv2.0 requirement (3DS only supports TLSv1.1 in sysmodules, only the web browser supports TLSv2.0 by bypassing the SSL sysmodule and doing networking manually) then it would most likely still work.

No, sadly adding TLSv2.0 support is absolutely not trivial.
Is there a web to download the levels?

flanter21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure. What parts do you need?

It always has, kind of.

SMMDB integration is definitely broken now though, and has been for years now.
I really just want to poke around with the code and see if I can polish it up so really whatever you're okay with sharing. Though the netcode is not of interest to me.
Is there a web to download the levels?
https://smmdb.net/courses

Though those are reuploaded by other users. If you go here you can find how to download any level from the backup that was done after the upload course feature was stopped.

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I really just want to poke around with the code and see if I can polish it up so really whatever you're okay with sharing. Though the netcode is not of interest to me.

Ah.

Yeah, not sure that's a good idea all that much. "You can't polish a turd" as they say, and this sadly applies here as well >.<

Not sure what there is to "polish" about it, considering how bad everything is, including the code, the UI, and basically everything about it.

flanter21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ah.

Yeah, not sure that's a good idea all that much. "You can't polish a turd" as they say, and this sadly applies here as well >.<

Not sure what there is to "polish" about it, considering how bad everything is, including the code, the UI, and basically everything about it.
Fair enough, I won't bother but I do want to understand how it works though, because the reverse engineering work has obviously already been done and OCDM really had potential to fix SMM3DS. Is there some documentation anywhere? Could you share it anyways? After all, an older version is out there.

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Fair enough, I won't bother but I do want to understand how it works though, because the reverse engineering work has obviously already been done and OCDM really had potential to fix SMM3DS. Is there some documentation anywhere? Could you share it anyways? After all, an older version is out there.

Oh, if you want the file format, I'll be more than happy to share all of the technical details and challenges, I just don't know how and where.

I have actually cut out the guesswork, and went straight into the game's code to reverse-engineer all of the structures, so unless I've overlooked something (if I did, the game would just crash, so probably not) it should be 100% accurate.

flanter21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, if you want the file format, I'll be more than happy to share all of the technical details and challenges, I just don't know how and where.

I have actually cut out the guesswork, and went straight into the game's code to reverse-engineer all of the structures, so unless I've overlooked something (if I did, the game would just crash, so probably not) it should be 100% accurate.
Ah okay. So I imagine it should be present in the older version then. I'll try to figure it out from there then. If there's anything I'm unsure of, I'll let you know. Thanks!

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Ah okay. So I imagine it should be present in the older version then. I'll try to figure it out from there then. If there's anything I'm unsure of, I'll let you know. Thanks!

I think I did changes in v0.6 to the internal structures, since sometimes I got a data abort in older versions due to janky code, so be cautious with the old public version.

Vahacris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi! I just find out about OCDM but have a question. I can only find builds marked as old or legacy. Is there a new version somewhere or should I stick to legacy build from download section here on GBATemp?
Is OCDM still works? I only want to export custom levels from SD card to the game.

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi! I just find out about OCDM but have a question. I can only find builds marked as old or legacy. Is there a new version somewhere or should I stick to legacy build from download section here on GBATemp?
Is OCDM still works? I only want to export custom levels from SD card to the game.

It's being rewritten indefinitely.

It's okay to use the "legacy" build, it just means that it has the "old" UI.

SMMDB most likely doesn't work though. Everything else (local) works just fine.

Reactions: Vahacris

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol