Hacking NTR 3.4 Screen Recorder Test Thread

miakx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1) Why did you do a record in english xD ?
2) What do you use to record the NTR Viewer? Seems to have a good quality in FullScreen...
3) What do you use to show the bottom screen just at the right?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If someone else can answer:
Possible to combine LayeredFS with Streaming? No conflict?

1) I did a record in english, because it's the fastest language to speedrun this game (less textboxes)
2) I used Xsplit, simply like that, i set the resolution to 720p ^^
3) Same as above, Xsplit and a screen region of each screen.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Yes... And The IP IS right.. On the PC is.NET Framework 4 Installed etc.. Everything should be right..
Are you sure?
Check the IP with FTbrony and make sure you're connected to WiFi on both the 3DS and PC.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm having the same problem as you, did you figure a solution

Yes... And The IP IS right.. On the PC is.NET Framework 4 Installed etc.. Everything should be right..

Well,even though someone on YouTube told me I didn't know what I was talking about.......... I had this same issue and fixed it by merging the NTRDebugger and NTRViewer folders from Preview 1 and Preview 2. I know it worked for at least one or two other people with the same problem on here. Worst case is nothing changes. Give it a shot.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are any of you guys here using a router with DD-WRT firmware and have this working? I can't connect to my N3DS NTR Debugger since I switched to that firmware. I disabled the firewall on both the router and Windows, tried DMZ on both PC and N3DS, I have my N3DS on static, but DCHP doesn't work either. I also since installing DD-WRT can't even use MicroSD management. It started asking me for a Username and password, and the ones on the N3DS screen still are considered incorrect. The reason I'm using DD-WRT is because I live in an apartment complex. I'm set to out of range channels to avoid interference from neighbors.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are any of you guys here using a router with DD-WRT firmware and have this working? I can't connect to my N3DS NTR Debugger since I switched to that firmware. I disabled the firewall on both the router and Windows, tried DMZ on both PC and N3DS, I have my N3DS on static, but DCHP doesn't work either. I also since installing DD-WRT can't even use MicroSD management. It started asking me for a Username and password, and the ones on the N3DS screen still are considered incorrect. The reason I'm using DD-WRT is because I live in an apartment complex. I'm set to out of range channels to avoid interference from neighbors.

I'm not sure but if you can I would suggest using the actual firmware of your router versus freeware any day. It most likely has compatibility issues one way or another.

Lynksys use their firmware. Belkin use theirs etc, etc.....

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure but if you can I would suggest using the actual firmware of your router versus freeware any day. It most likely has compatibility issues one way or another.

I just managed to get it working! I have auto channel select on (Channel scanner says it's broadcasting at channels 1 and 5 together) with channel width set to Wide HT40 (20+20MHz). I'll have to assign the N3DS's MAC to a static IP, but at least I have the debugger working now. It doesn't seem to like it when I'm using Channel 13, which has very little interference. If I had a house of my own, I would totally use stock firmware, since I'm mostly wired anyway, my phone and laptop both use 5GHz exclusively, but living in a compact complex right now, I had SO many frame and quality drops, even when sitting right next to my router that has aftermarket antennas (My old router was the same with stock antennas) with the debugger running on a wired PC or 5GHz laptop. I want to upload a video, but I want to make it as perfect as I can first.

Last edited by Selim873,
Reactions: Majickhat55

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just managed to get it working! I have auto channel select on (Channel scanner says it's broadcasting at channels 1 and 5 together) with channel width set to Wide HT40 (20+20MHz). I'll have to assign the N3DS's MAC to a static IP, but at least I have the debugger working now. It doesn't seem to like it when I'm using Channel 13, which has very little interference. If I had a house of my own, I would totally use stock firmware, since I'm mostly wired anyway, my phone and laptop both use 5GHz exclusively, but living in a compact complex right now, I had SO many frame and quality drops, even when sitting right next to my router that has aftermarket antennas (My old router was the same with stock antennas) with the debugger running on a wired PC or 5GHz laptop. I want to upload a video, but I want to make it as perfect as I can first.

That makes sense. I guess in your complex it creates a pretty strict collision domain in your network. At least you got it working now :D

Reactions: Selim873

PixelBurst

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Lynksys use their firmware. Belkin use theirs etc, etc.....

Slightly OT but I used DD-WRT on my old D-Link DIR-615 was 10x better than the stock firmware for wireless compatibility/stability and feature wise brings it up to high end standard - as such it requires a bit more configuration. It's an awesome alternative it certainly shouldn't be written off because it's 'freeware'. Most of the time, DD-WRT firmware is released long after the router has been abandoned by the manufacturer. Linksys have even started offering DD-WRT firmware for their routers!

Reactions: Selim873

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slightly OT but I used DD-WRT on my old D-Link DIR-615 was 10x better than the stock firmware for wireless compatibility/stability and feature wise brings it up to high end standard - as such it requires a bit more configuration. It's an awesome alternative it certainly shouldn't be written off because it's 'freeware'. Most of the time, DD-WRT firmware is released long after the router has been abandoned by the manufacturer. Linksys have even started offering DD-WRT firmware for their routers!

I agree, it was merely a suggestion for compatibility issues with two CFW's. It's not really a guaranteed fix versus manufacturer's IMO but more of a situational solution.

Yep. lol Also, do you happen to know how to stop remoteplay() so I can change settings without having to reboot my system?

If you mean stopping the screen capture, changing the remoteplay argument and starting a new instance without a hard boot? I honestly haven't tried that yet. You could try the disconnect command and a "softboot" with HomeBrew to kick you out of NTR (If that actually does). I'm not sure at all but I think NTR needs to be restarted regardless and I think that always requires a hardboot.

Reactions: PixelBurst

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree, it was merely a suggestion for compatibility issues with two CFW's. It's not really a guaranteed fix versus manufacturer's IMO but more of a situational solution.

If you mean stopping the screen capture, changing the remoteplay argument and starting a new instance without a hard boot? I honestly haven't tried that yet. You could try the disconnect command and a "softboot" with HomeBrew to kick you out of NTR (If that actually does). I'm not sure at all but I think NTR needs to be restarted regardless and I think that always requires a hardboot.

Alrighty. It took a lot longer to get to NTR before I switched to A9LH last night, A9LH it doesn't even take a minute so it's not a huge deal. Yea, my router also needs a lot of setting up as well. I'm still getting all the same drops, so I'm going to keep configuring it.

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know when actually watching the stream I would scale it at the viewer to see it but I was wondering when just recording with OBS what would give better quality. Leaving ntrviewer at 1x then scaling it in OBS when recording, or scaling it with ntrviewer then leaving the size alone in OBS.

What would do the better job at scaling it?

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know when actually watching the stream I would scale it at the viewer to see it but I was wondering when just recording with OBS what would give better quality. Leaving ntrviewer at 1x then scaling it in OBS when recording, or scaling it with ntrviewer then leaving the size alone in OBS.

What would do the better job at scaling it?
Have NTRViewr at 3.0 for top, maybe 1.5 or 2.0 for the bottom if you're using it, and even scale it on OBS if you wish, it's just very blurry if you scale 1x on OBS. Maybe OBS has point scaling rather than linear, but I don't remember.

mariobear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was able to connect now but after i tried remote play i got this
> remoteplay()
null
Will be disconnected in 10 seconds to enhance performance.
cpu was locked on 804MHz, L2 Enabled
starting remoteplay...
buf: 07001000, size: 00022000
remotePC: 001231d0
> disconnect()
null
Unable to read data from the transport connection: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall.
Server disconnected.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing fine, and you?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, happy birthday