Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
ce684020-126c-11ed-aeff-28b4f0d79932.cf.webp

Tencent and Logitech, sitting in a tree,
P-O-I-N-T-L-E-S-S :blank: C-O-N-S-O-L-E

If any of you have heard any rumors of this, well, they're true. Tencent and Genius are working on a "cloud gaming" handheld.

Logitech G and Tencent Games announced a partnership to bring a cloud gaming handheld to market later this year that will combine Logitech G’s expertise in hardware with Tencent Games’ expertise in software services. The new device will support multiple cloud gaming services, and both companies are working with the Xbox Cloud Gaming and NVIDIA GeForce NOW teams, so gamers can play AAA games when they are away from their console or PC.

My own gripes about game streaming apply here too so I'll just rattle them out per usual: "I can't wait to play all my favorite games on a smaller screen in a janky framerate with a crappier gamepad, while being bound to a WiFi router. And who doesn't love lag?"

But what I want to know is, with every single portable device out there supporting streaming and cloud gaming on top of their intended use, what will this device bring to the table? 5G possibly, as in theory it can offer fast reliable zero-lag internet on the go... once the mobile providers actually offer it. In around 10 years or so.

Or maybe it will cost $100 to be competitive (not impossible, since it doesn't need to have any fancy specs. It's not running anything locally. Just a gamepad and a screen).

Or will it be yet another gaming handheld on the increasingly saturated niche market?

Anyway. Sources below:

:arrow:
https://blog.logitech.com/2022/08/0...partnership-to-advance-handheld-cloud-gaming/
https://www.engadget.com/logitech-tencent-handheld-cloud-gaming-device-145119038.html

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: