Homebrew Not64 Update

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well here is what I found with games that didn't work before:
Blast Corps does indeed work now
Goemons Great Adventure only works in interpter at a decent speed but audio is bad unless "scale to pitch" is on. (Not sure if it did before)
CastleVania only works in interpter at 10 fps
Mischief makers no longer works. (Can't detect a controller?) I tried a wiimote and a gamecube controller and nothing works.
Bomberman64 still has the same bug
Iggy's Reckin' Balls still doesn't work.
Conkers Bad Fur Day still doesn't work.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh, that's right. I had forgotten that Wii64 already accepted arguments.
Thats bullshit, Wii64 does not accept arguments, I made alot of dirty modifications to it to accept them.
Don't act like an ass, he made a mistake. A mistake is not bullshit.

Reactions: 1 person

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, the link in the first post was posted in 2010. Its "honey". Honey is in wiiflow currently. lol

No its not, the link in the first post was updated on August 30th 2012. Its an unofficial build of Wii64 not done by emukidd. It works way better than Honey did. And no, I don't believe I left the audio limiter off (out of town away from my wii at the moment, will have to double check when I get back this evening).

gbatenp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To play Banjo-Tooie just activate 'FB Textures' on video settings and you will have the textures back!

Now you can play it.

Donkey Kong 64 also works, but you must active the option to skip the cutscenes on the game.

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon crashes after first cutscene. :(
Man, for a game with near Super Mario 64 graphics it always has issues on nearly all N64 emulators.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, the link in the first post was posted in 2010. Its "honey". Honey is in wiiflow currently. lol

No its not, the link in the first post was updated on August 30th 2012. Its an unofficial build of Wii64 not done by emukidd. It works way better than Honey did. And no, I don't believe I left the audio limiter off (out of town away from my wii at the moment, will have to double check when I get back this evening).

What do ya know, your right! I was WASTED when I first read the thread. FIX94 is the main guy for wiiflow plugins. He said earlier in the thread a lot of code additions are necessary to make this work in wiiflow as not64 does not use arguments. Ask him to add it if you REALLY REALLY want it. Or just run it through a forwarder.....

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
banjo works but the white textures still appear even with fb texts on.
tooie is incredibly slow
dk64 is slow plus it constantly pauses and CAM is zooming in and out constantly. i dont know who you guys claim these are working. playing from usb hdd

Reactions: 1 person

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
tooie is incredibly slow
dk64 is slow plus it constantly pauses and cal is zooming in and out constantly. i dont know who you guys claim these are working. playing from usb hdd
They are working, but are unplayable.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
gex 3d works
before you couldn't play levels in banjo like clankers cavern now you can with no slowdown!
it's a step in the right direction still a long way to go though to get dk64 and tooie playable.

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tooie is incredibly slow
dk64 is slow plus it constantly pauses and cal is zooming in and out constantly. i dont know who you guys claim these are working. playing from usb hdd
They are working, but are unplayable.

yep, as i said before. blast corps now works and is playable. but thats about it... banjo tooie and DK are still unplayable... but hey, its a step in the right direction

Reactions: 2 people

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That guy was right about me not turning on the audio limiter.

Anyways, yes many games still don't work. But many games that didn't before (or ran slow) now work at 100% speed.

Goldeneye and Perfect Dark both work brilliantly.

DK and Tooie are "playable" at decent framerates but with major issues. Rendering them games no one would want to play.

Whats greatest about this, is no more choppy audio, and almost every game that ran before, now runs much much much more smoothly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/5fQHvL6iO5k?si=1qrkapNMcghUj07-