Homebrew Not64 Update

Geren

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Spain
This version manages to get inside Peach's Castle without any black screens! (With FB Textures ON, of course)

Should we make a compatibility list or just have our individual experiences posted here?

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder if Quest 64 works now at full speed with save support.

Yes, it works with mempak save support and almost full speed (if in audio settings you change to off the speed limit the game runs so fast but that's a nice feature to advance faster in large areas). So far this nice not64 update works great

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
there's a glitch in this with banjo in bubblergoop swamp i have collected all the jigs but it says i only have 9? :wtf:

Have you beat the Croc with the running shoes?
yes i beat everything found all jingos i think it has something to do with a saved state soon as i saved one it messed up.

Maverick Lunar X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
havent had a chance to try this yet, anyone have a comparison to Surreal64 on ye old Xbox? I still havent found a better console to emulate with than that.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
havent had a chance to try this yet, anyone have a comparison to Surreal64 on ye old Xbox?

sure...

Surreal64 > wii64

Meh, wasn't Surreal64 just a heavily modified Project64 with a bunch of hacks implemented? It may surpass Wii64 for now, but there is an update around the corner.

Maverick Lunar X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
havent had a chance to try this yet, anyone have a comparison to Surreal64 on ye old Xbox?

sure...

Surreal64 > wii64

Meh, wasn't Surreal64 just a heavily modified Project64 with a bunch of hacks implemented? It may surpass Wii64 for now, but there is an update around the corner.

it uses PJ64, UltraHLE and 1964, along with various additions. The main advantage it has is that the Xbox runs x86 code natively, lots of things were easily ported to it (kinda like how the Dreamcast had such great homebrew in it's hayday, due to its implementation of Windows CE)

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
got through kazooie ok it slows down a tiny bit in a few levels but nothing to really hinder you. the white textures are kinda annoying though lucky i know all the puzzles and where all the pads are :P

AngryGreek766

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so can anyone tell me what games this actually improves.. i cant seem to figure it out.. Any progress is good progress tho.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Gawd, firing up Blast Corps took me back!! Had loads of fun with that game back in the day, and to get it playable on my Wii - fantastic!! This, RetroArch etc etc... my Wii will be staying under the downstairs telly long after the Wii U has joined it! :D
Had a try on a few other games.... not exactly convinced Goldeneye runs well enough to be considered fully playable, but then again I didn't tinker around with any settings bar the audio sync - it's an improvement over Wii64 though I'll admit.
Diddy Kong Racing seems near enough perfect, bar a white hue to the elephant dude, though I'm wondering if Wii64 was ok with this..?
Conker won't even try and load
F-Zero X & Pilotwings: Mixed.....Pilotwings improved over Wii64, but not to the point of me deleting the imperfect injected wad I have.... F-Zero doesn't run too well on VC, but probably better than on here....

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one word CONKER!! does it work. i would love to piss on some demon's and friends in mutilplayer LOL.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended