Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

afdude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes thats the one i tried. It gave me a stack dump crash this last time. All other times (about 4 times) it just boots back to main menu channel

Cuber

Trophies
Website
mytgn.co.uk
XP
Country
Is there a new shop updater yet?

... Or must I use the thing everyone else used that I'm to scared to try. >_> Is there a step by step to doing it that way...

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cuber said:
Is there a new shop updater yet?

... Or must I use the thing everyone else used that I'm to scared to try. >_> Is there a step by step to doing it that way...
Well there are different ways to update the Shop channel with different utilities.

You can:
  • Download the WADs for IOS56-v5662 and Wii Shop Channel-v20 using NUSD and install them using a WAD Manager like MMM.
  • Use program like Pimp-My-Wii or ModMii selecting the manual/custom option if you don't want to do an all out overhaul.
  • Bite the bullet and update via Nintendo's Update (Not recommended).
You should feel okay using one of these methods, not the last though
wink.gif
If you feel intimidated, just do some reading homework beforehand. Any shop updater is just doing the same thing after all, they download the IOS and channel then install them...

If you really need help, GAF made a simple easy to follow guide here: Wii Shop Update without updating Wii.

-[]D

afdude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did some more testing and I can load emulators through the sd card and they load/play/exit just fine. I just still cant load from usb game backups from drive no matter what i try. Im still in the dark as to why i cant. The ModMii update from 4.2u-4.2u(which as you know was mainly to update IOS(s) file(s). And that process was 100% successful according to Modmii and syschk showing no signs of trouble. Anyone have more ideas to try? I also put a sd card in the usb port with a reader in an attempt to load backups. The loaders see them fine, you can download art for them. But when they start to load you simply get taken straight back to Main channel menu. My info to the matter is a page back if you can try and help. Thanks.

full syschk:

sysCheck v2.0.1 by Double_A
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.2U (v481)
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: XXXXXXXX Boot2 v2

Found 85 titles.

Found 45 IOS on this console.
4 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub

IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches

IOS10 (rev 768): Stub

IOS11 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access

IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches

IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches

IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches

IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches

IOS16 (rev 512): Stub

IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches

IOS20 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access

IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches

IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches

IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches

IOS30 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access

IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches

IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches

IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches

IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches

IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches

IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches

IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches

IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches

IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches

IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches

IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches

IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches

IOS50 (rev 14889): Trucha Bug, NAND Access

IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub

IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches

IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches

IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches

IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches

IOS58 (rev 6176): No Patches

IOS60 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access

IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches

IOS70 (rev 16687): Trucha Bug, NAND Access

IOS202 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0

IOS222 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0

IOS223 (rev 4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0

IOS224 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0

IOS236 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access

IOS249 (rev 20): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0

IOS250 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0

IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii

BC v2
MIOS v4

Report generated on 2010/09/23.

afdude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok another strange thing to add to this. Just for kicks i tried to load another random game from the wbfs drive. It was Dead Rising: Chop Til You Drop. It loads right up no matter what usb loader program you use. It works in Wiiflow Alpha 2.2, it worked in cfg usbloader. Yet not one other single backup will run. They are not bad images(just so you are aware, as i played them fine before the ModMii update). Everytime you try to load a game it still goes straight back to the main menu channel. WTF is goin with this thing? Im at a complete loss

afdude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok nevermind, seem to have fixed by reformatting drive to use fat32 and use wbfs folder and images. Also redid the modmii update again, this time keeping IOS249r19 instead of version 20

jane.doe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
can you softmod an already hardmodded wii? i recently got a wii with an older drive chip in it (D2Sun v3) and some games don't seem to work (arc rise, new super mario etc), i wanted to install a usb loader onto the machine but i assume it has to be softmodded in order to run homebrew applications? can this be done on an already chipped wii?

cafevincent

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
VashTS said:
cafevincent said:
jinxvorheeze1 said:
Use AnyTitle Deleter and delete them. Heres a list of system channels by ID.
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Title_Database#000...System_channels

I can't get AnyTitle Deleter to start. I'm on CIOSX rev20b and Waninkoko System Menu v4.3

seems to me like rev19 and rev20 do not identify a SU. this probably doesn't mean much to you, but basically you are not getting full control that you need. I had the same issue installing Priiloader. you cannot use rev20 (and i think 19 as well) to install. rev17 works just fine and that should be in your 249 slot. rev20 should be in its own slot(s).

Looks like I don't have rev17 installed, just 19. I can't start Custom IOS38 rev17 installer either. Just a blank screen as always.

robink93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Flashing a buddy's wii today, though he got the ES_Identify error on ios61. Error code 4294966279. Never ran into this problem myself, how should i fix it?
smile.gif

Would be nice with answers before 00.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
robink93 said:
Flashing a buddy's wii today, though he got the ES_Identify error on ios61. Error code 4294966279. Never ran into this problem myself, how should i fix it?
smile.gif

Would be nice with answers before 00.
What are you trying exactly? And why IOS61? Are you using the old homebrew channel?

robink93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm kinda panicking here, downloaded newest homebrew channel and priiloader, installed bootmii and that stuff. the console has system menu 4.2e, previously softmodded.
Just launched the priiloader installer and pressed +. On my own wii i still have preloader 0.3 so i have no idea what to do.

I think i installed rev14 for him a long time ago, i haven't updated yet.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
robink93 said:
I'm kinda panicking here, downloaded newest homebrew channel and priiloader, installed bootmii and that stuff. the console has system menu 4.2e, previously softmodded.
Just launched the priiloader installer and pressed +. On my own wii i still have preloader 0.3 so i have no idea what to do.

I think i installed rev14 for him a long time ago, i haven't updated yet.
OK, download Multi Mod Manager, start it with the homebrew channel, last point - select IOS36, first point - start the priiloader installer and install it.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
robink93 said:
MMM. I also noticed i apparently didn't patch ios36 last time, it's boot2v4.
OK, can you select other IOSes? Do you have IOS249 installed? This would be good if you can select it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!