Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

DarkFocus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FIX94 said:
DarkFocus said:
is there a way to load isos directly from the disc channel without screwing up compatibility for other loaders like usb???
Maybe like this?
http://gbatemp.net/t179085-9658-9658-9658-...channelcreators

ya kinda trying to hide the fact that I'm playing a pirated game though cause one of my friends is really weird about that kind of stuff... it's not like I don't buy games, I do if I really like them and think there worth the money but not every game is....

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
DarkFocus said:
FIX94 said:
DarkFocus said:
is there a way to load isos directly from the disc channel without screwing up compatibility for other loaders like usb???
Maybe like this?

ya kinda trying to hide the fact that I'm playing a pirated game though cause one of my friends is really weird about that kind of stuff... it's not like I don't buy games, I do if I really like them and think there worth the money but not every game is....
Take a look to this:
http://gbatemp.net/t218725-sneek-di-quick-guide
It's not easy, but should be the thing you want.

DarkFocus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FIX94 said:
DarkFocus said:
FIX94 said:
DarkFocus said:
Maybe like this?

Take a look to this:
http://gbatemp.net/t218725-sneek-di-quick-guide
It's not easy, but should be the thing you want.

that will probably work. thanks!

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have modified my questions-

1. I want to know this. What homebrew use the USB keyboard?

2. This is more important- I'm trying to install Windows using DOSBox but it can't find some apps.???* file. Now, it won't go past the WIN function- how do I uninstall it and try again?

* - I forgot the extension, but I have apps.in_ - are there two?

3. MOST IMPORTANT- IOS236 installer hangs when I press 1 on the Exception DSI screen. Always. I am using 1.4, if anybody's interested.

Evil-Popeye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Just some random questions:
1) Is boot2v4 for all wiis or only wiis that are bootmii boot2 capable?
2) Any reason why priiloader does not have the 'remove diagnostic disc check' hack anymore, I think the original preloader versions did. Just curious for this one because I think I read something about needing it enabled to have any chance of savemiifrii working (without a modchip).
Cheers.

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running a softmodded 3.3U wii, and my shop channel is out of date. What is the easiest way to update the shop channel? Previously I used WiiSCU but when I downloaded the latest version and tried to update shop channel to v21 I got a bad checksum when downloading the update, so it did nothing. I haven't tried NUSD or Dop-Mii before, which one is easier? Are there any other ÂIOS's that need to be updated/installed along with the shop channel?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
fattest said:
I'm running a softmodded 3.3U wii, and my shop channel is out of date. What is the easiest way to update the shop channel? Previously I used WiiSCU but when I downloaded the latest version and tried to update shop channel to v21 I got a bad checksum when downloading the update, so it did nothing. I haven't tried NUSD or Dop-Mii before, which one is easier? Are there any other ©IOS's that need to be updated/installed along with the shop channel?
Download the latest NUS Downloader HERE, extract it and start the NUS Downloader.exe, select Extras - Retrieve Common Key (key.bin), then type 0001000248414241 in the top-left box and let the v box free, Start NUS Download, after this type 0000000100000038 in the top-left box and remove everything in the version box and Start NUS Download. After this you will have two folders with the wads inside. Use Wad Manager v1.7 to install them.

elmoreas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am not a noob but I know so little on this specific subject I am posting here. With all the new updates and releases to counter them and the new bootmii and all I have 2 questions.

1. What ver of dop shop do I need to use to dop sys menu 4.3.1 to get it working again?

2. With the new bootmii2 is it possible to re-enable boot2 on a formerly IOS only system as true boot2?

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
Download the latest NUS Downloader HERE, extract it and start the NUS Downloader.exe, select Extras - Retrieve Common Key (key.bin), then type 0001000248414241 in the top-left box and let the v box free, Start NUS Download, after this type 0000000100000038 in the top-left box and remove everything in the version box and Start NUS Download. After this you will have two folders with the wads inside. Use Wad Manager v1.7 to install them.

Thanks, I think you forgot to mention to select "Pack -> WAD", as the first time I tried it just downloaded a bunch of files. Does it matter which order I install the WADs?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
fattest said:
FIX94 said:

Thanks, I think you forgot to mention to select "Pack -> WAD", as the first time I tried it just downloaded a bunch of files. Does it matter which order I install the WADs?
Yes, I forgot it
rolleyes.gif
The order is not important, simply install with wad manager v1.7.

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've followed so many guides while since I've softmodded my wii that I don't even know whats installed. Is there a homebrew app that can summarize what c/m/IOS's, hacks, wads, etc that I've installed? I don't recall if AnyTitleDeleter can do this or something similiar.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
fattest said:
I've followed so many guides while since I've softmodded my wii that I don't even know whats installed. Is there a homebrew app that can summarize what c/m/IOS's, hacks, wads, etc that I've installed? I don't recall if AnyTitleDeleter can do this or something similiar.
You can summarize the IOSes with syscheck.

Sorthoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using the newest gecko OS

i have a codes folder on the root of my sd card

i created a GCT for the conduit and put it in there

from wiird

i loaded gecko

it always says sd patch file not found

what am i doing wrong?

chin77

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
yaywii.gif
I use cios20 and have the new 58 thingamajiger for usb2 system menu 4.0 ,the newest hbc wiiflow.... umm bootmii.... ummm not on boot2.
huh.gif

unsure.gif
Is there a is there a anytitle deleter that would work for me? cause I cant get at those leftover tickets I have from not UNinstallling my wads properly.
smileipb2.png

bow.gif
Please enlighten me with your light. and information. concerning my situation.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chin77 said:
yaywii.gif
I use cios20 and have the new 58 thingamajiger for usb2 system menu 4.0 ,the newest hbc wiiflow.... umm bootmii.... ummm not on boot2.
huh.gif

unsure.gif
Is there a is there a anytitle deleter that would work for me? cause I cant get at those leftover tickets I have from not UNinstallling my wads properly.
smileipb2.png

bow.gif
Please enlighten me with your light. and information. concerning my situation.
Select IOS236 (Install it if you don't have it)

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorthoz said:
I am using the newest gecko OS

i have a codes folder on the root of my sd card

i created a GCT for the conduit and put it in there

from wiird

i loaded gecko

it always says sd patch file not found

what am i doing wrong?
Is the GCT file named correctly? It should be the same name as the game ID.

elmoreas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First be sure you are using Gecko OS 1.9.3.1 and get code downloader and cheat manager apps and make a folder called "codes" and another called "txtcodes" on the root of your sd card. (You can use accio hacks if you want but this is better imo) Then make sure that IOS36 is fakesigned if you are ever going to use this for WW/VC games or channels. Then just run code downloader and get the latest codes, run cheat manager and convert them to gct, then run the game using gecko os and all should be good. When doing it manually the txt file tends to get misaligned and or misnamed and then it wont work. This is just plain easier. BTW I have never gotten codes for conduit to work in any way shape or form due to glitches in the game, bad codes, my error, who knows but maybe you will have better luck. But regardless this is a better way of getting, using, and applying cheats to the Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil: